Only Al.com would run this story about AU/Deion

LPTiger

12 hours ago, Butthead said:

Terry was a good game day coach who could not recruit.  Plus he was (allegedly) banging one of our biggest boosters daughter.  That is why he didn't "fit".

Those things are examples of why he didn't fit.

12 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

With NIL creating a even further dependence on boosters, I would suggest “fit” has become a pretty simple concept.

Simple, and more important than ever.

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Those things are examples of why he didn't fit.

Simple, and more important than ever.

Prime can recruit and coach and market.  Those things generate wins -- you win, you fit.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Butthead said:

Prime can recruit and coach and market.  Those things generate wins -- you win, you fit.

Bowden won, he didn't fit.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Bowden won, he didn't fit.

Bro, I am not sure if you were around for the Terry era.  He won for the first 1.8 years with players he did not recruit.  People f'n loved him.  But in year 3 it because evident that he only won with players others recruited.  His offense was completely one-dimensional and he could not adapt.  Sound familiar?  If he had continued winning (and not banging boosters kin - allegedly), he would have 'fit' fine.

4 minutes ago, Butthead said:

Bro, I am not sure if you were around for the Terry era.  He won for the first 1.8 years with players he did not recruit.  People f'n loved him.  But in year 3 it because evident that he only won with players others recruited.  His offense was completely one-dimensional and he could not adapt.  Sound familiar?  If he had continued winning (and not banging boosters kin - allegedly), he would have 'fit' fine.

I was around in the Jordan era and all times after, just for general information.

The bolded part of your statement doesn't hold water. Bowden's 1997 team finished 10-3, which included a one-point loss to Tennessee in the SEC championship game. There was ONE player on that team that Dye recruited, a sixth year senior who got a medical redshirt exemption.

Coaches that fit don't get on the hot seat the year following a 10-3 record.

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I was around in the Jordan era and all times after, just for general information.

The bolded part of your statement doesn't hold water. Bowden's 1997 team finished 10-3, which included a one-point loss to Tennessee in the SEC championship game. There was ONE player on that team that Dye recruited, a sixth year senior who got a medical redshirt exemption.

Coaches that fit don't get on the hot seat the year following a 10-3 record.

I remember him fitting fine until the poor morality choice rumor hit. It quickly got uncomfortable, so much so if I remember correctly he left early (before end of season) because he thought he would get fired after last game. Seemed like a done deal when he walked away.

13 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I remember him fitting fine until the poor morality choice rumor hit. It quickly got uncomfortable, so much so if I remember correctly he left early (before end of season) because he thought he would get fired after last game. Seemed like a done deal when he walked away.

Mid-season he was told he would be fired at season's end. He then did what I would have done, he cleaned his desk out and turned in the keys.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Do we have anyone on this board who is a fan of Prime?  What he’s done so far is remarkable.

I stated in an earlier thread that prime could have easily flipped the roster like Coach Freeze. I was one of the first ones on the Coach Freeze bandwagon. Think how crazy the secondary would really be with Hunter.  I wasn’t high on Shadeur as an QB but he has been really impressive. Unpopular opinion Auburn probably gets one or both safeties if Prime was coaching. 

• Like 2

Another thing I've found, especially jox. Lately they have talked more about Colorado and Deion more than Auburn. I know Deion and CU is the talk of college football but give me a break. I know as an AU fan I don't give a damn about Colorado.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Do we have anyone on this board who is a fan of Prime?  What he’s done so far is remarkable.

Most definitely. I have read so much negativity about him on this thread and how he isn’t a “fit” at Auburn. Such a ridiculous statement in my opinion. Deion is simply a winner. If he was our coach right now we would be beating Cal by 24. As it is we are losing to a very mediocre team. Don’t get me wrong, I think Freeze is a good coach, but Deion is just a different level. 

18 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

A lot of programs are going to regret the word “fit”.

Agree.  Not to mention,,, fit with whom/what?  Do you need a coach who "fits" with the boosters, the players, the evolution of the game itself, your "culture"?

13 hours ago, AUfan3333 said:

Most definitely. I have read so much negativity about him on this thread and how he isn’t a “fit” at Auburn. Such a ridiculous statement in my opinion. Deion is simply a winner. If he was our coach right now we would be beating Cal by 24. As it is we are losing to a very mediocre team. Don’t get me wrong, I think Freeze is a good coach, but Deion is just a different level. 

If we had his son and the DB/WR on our team we would have beat them by 24.