Pat McAfee

TexasTiger

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Anyone else find him annoying?

I don't have a problem with him. I think his is somewhat funny.

12 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

He's the worse person they have EVER had on college game day.  He's completely AWFUL and the segments he's on are just unwatchable.   He's not just annoying he's incredible BAD at whatever that is he is trying to do.  He doesn't know much of anything either.

McAfee is also on WWE smackdown on friday nights when he's not doing game day and he's completely awful there too. He makes smackdown unwatchable.

• Like 3

On 9/9/2023 at 8:13 PM, TexasTiger said:

i did but once you get a decent sample size is is not that bad.

On 9/12/2023 at 10:49 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

I don't watch College Gameday anymore so it doesn't affect me, but his hiring was aimed at drawing in the younger crowd. 

Grown men should wear sleeves to work unless they have a particularly sweaty job. 😉

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2023 at 11:42 AM, aubiefifty said:

i did but once you get a decent sample size is is not that bad.

That's just the numbing effect kicking in.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/9/2023 at 9:14 PM, hobojr said:

I prefer Vern and Gary. pat is totally annoying.

I'd much rather see "The Three Stooges" on game day, and announcing games on CBS. Vern And Gary(Laurel and Hardy) will be the Big 10's problem before long🙂.

On 11/13/2023 at 6:47 PM, cctiger said:

I'd much rather see "The Three Stooges" on game day, and announcing games on CBS. Vern And Gary(Laurel and Hardy) will be the Big 10's problem before long🙂.

Vern retired.  He's gone.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I'm in the minority then, but I kinda like him. I don't really watch Gameday, but I've watched his show some on weekdays. The sleeveless shirt took a little getting used to, but if you don't turn your nose up at him like an old fogie, he's not bad. It's pretty obvious ESPN is paying him to be edgy, but I don't think he goes too far with it. Kinda reminds me of a couple of the guys I played with back in the day, and him sitting in his studio in a roundtable type discussion with several other sports guys is fun to listen to when I take a break from studying.

Besides, does ANYONE really want to see the Corso Corpse continue to be trotted out there when it's obvious he barely knows what's going on anymore? Seems to me that he's being phased in as Corso's replacement, the colorful character meant to offset the starched personas of Kirk and Rece, so you can either get used to him or just not watch, because there's no point in letting yourself get all riled up about it.

On 11/15/2023 at 1:53 PM, WarTiger said:

Vern retired.  He's gone.

Vern Lundquist's call of the Kick6 is quite possibly one of the worst, most greatly wasted, live sports call opportunities in sports broadcast history. As Davis rumbles down the field, he says nothing. Starched silence. I think he eventually calmly says something about there not being any flags on the field, but dang, man. At the time, that was the most thrilling play in CFB history (debatable). Thank goodness for Rod and Stan.

On 11/25/2023 at 12:33 PM, Rednilla said:

I guess I'm in the minority then, but I kinda like him. I don't really watch Gameday, but I've watched his show some on weekdays. The sleeveless shirt took a little getting used to, but if you don't turn your nose up at him like an old fogie, he's not bad. It's pretty obvious ESPN is paying him to be edgy, but I don't think he goes too far with it. Kinda reminds me of a couple of the guys I played with back in the day, and him sitting in his studio in a roundtable type discussion with several other sports guys is fun to listen to when I take a break from studying.

Besides, does ANYONE really want to see the Corso Corpse continue to be trotted out there when it's obvious he barely knows what's going on anymore? Seems to me that he's being phased in as Corso's replacement, the colorful character meant to offset the starched personas of Kirk and Rece, so you can either get used to him or just not watch, because there's no point in letting yourself get all riled up about it.

I'm not sure why Corso continues to be trotted out there to that Gameday desk, either. I mean, the whole headgear schtick is endearing, but that's just a final touch of what should be a larger contribution that just doesn't really materialize anymore. I'm not into Pat McAfee at all as a commentator. He has this pseudo-"the Boz" image thing going that is just annoying to me. He needs to matriculate over to WWE, or go the Logan Paul route or something. If he put legit clothes on and didn't try so hard, then I think he would be much better. I stopped making Gameday must-see TV to kick-off my CFB Saturdays 10+ years ago when Fallica started doing his goofy handicapping and Desmond Howard started giggling way too much.

7 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

I'm not sure why Corso continues to be trotted out there to that Gameday desk, either. I mean, the whole headgear schtick is endearing, but that's just a final touch of what should be a larger contribution that just doesn't really materialize anymore. I'm not into Pat McAfee at all as a commentator. He has this pseudo-"the Boz" image thing going that is just annoying to me. He needs to matriculate over to WWE, or go the Logan Paul route or something. If he put legit clothes on and didn't try so hard, then I think he would be much better. I stopped making Gameday must-see TV to kick-off my CFB Saturdays 10+ years ago when Fallica started doing his goofy handicapping and Desmond Howard started giggling way too much.

I haven't watched more than 15 minutes of a Gameday episode since I got a DVR in 2008. I'll try to catch what they have to say about Auburn, but that's about it.

On 11/29/2023 at 2:10 PM, tigeraddikt said:

ME TOO.  I couldn't stand seeing him do that stupid handicapping crap on game day.  Complete waste of time and has no place on gameday.  They replaced him with someone else, but the segments are still completely pointless.  They spout statistics that would take too long to validate, and they aren't any better at picking the winners on those games than anybody else.   That Bear idiot (whatever his name is) was at or below .500 seemingly every year.   The only difference between him and anybody else is he was getting paid for his opinions.  That's it.  You could have equal or better results using a dart board. They don't need to use any airtime at any timeslot for that.  Let him put an article up on espn's site somewhere and be done with it.    Desmond Howard is horrible to watch.  He cackles at stuff that isn't even remotely funny.  He cackles just to cackle.     Put those things together and add McAfee to the mix and the entire show is just unwatchable.

• Like 1

Bear was more "lovable" than tolerable,  his replacement is downright awful, Corso is sad, McAfee is painful to watch, and Bulldog or not, they should not have dropped David Pollack.

• Like 2