Other peoples thoughts on cal's stadium

aubiefifty

they had about twenty people for their pep rally. there was human feces in front of one of the five star restaurants auburn fans visited. the fans were rude and seemed to have the attitude auburn fans are inbred rednecks.the stadium itself was nasty and looked dirty.cal fans or one shot double birds in some cats face.  it seems when you leave you have to go through their fraternity row and they have a handful of groups trying to start trouble. i hope our thoughts from stadium went to hear his thoughts. and the horror of those guys not tail gating or bbqing.

these are just random thoughts from a few different sites so for all our fans than went is this right or bull or close or what? i am hoping some folks are e kind of piling on.hell this might be normal behavior anymore since it has been a while since i have been to a game. so for those that have been or went how was it? were they really that rude?

• Like 1

I was at the game. As a woman let me just say I give the stadium a zero. The bathrooms in our section were nasty port a potties. I have seen better accommodations in high school stadiums. Overall we didn’t have any problems with their fans. There was a huge contingent of Auburn fans seated together. We saw lots of Auburn fans on our trip. We stayed in Napa Valley and Saulsalito so it was pretty nice- great weather but the people in general are just strange-ready to get back to sweet home Alabama and glad we are going home with the victory! War Eagle!

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, Dshep4au said:

I was at the game. As a woman let me just say I give the stadium a zero. The bathrooms in our section were nasty port a potties. I have seen better accommodations in high school stadiums. Overall we didn’t have any problems with their fans. There was a huge contingent of Auburn fans seated together. We saw lots of Auburn fans on our trip. We stayed in Napa Valley and Saulsalito so it was pretty nice- great weather but the people in general are just strange-ready to get back to sweet home Alabama and glad we are going home with the victory! War Eagle!

They strange all right. That's what hugging 🌳  all them yrs will do to u

• Haha 2

Beautiful town and area.  The weather was awesome.  My observation was that AU fans enjoy their adult beverages more that CAL fans both before and during the game.  Which created problems for finding a bathroom before the game and really long lines at the bathroom during the game.  My group had a stadium tour on Thursday during which they described the large stadium remodel a few years back.  It was too expensive to dig into the rock to build bathrooms into the stadium resulting in Porto toilets across the street.  Video is from the club level section view of the city.

Edited by aublaise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

they had about twenty people for their pep rally. there was human feces in front of one of the five star restaurants auburn fans visited. the fans were rude and seemed to have the attitude auburn fans are inbred rednecks.the stadium itself was nasty and looked dirty.cal fans or one shot double birds in some cats face.  it seems when you leave you have to go through their fraternity row and they have a handful of groups trying to start trouble. i hope our thoughts from stadium went to hear his thoughts. and the horror of those guys not tail gating or bbqing.

these are just random thoughts from a few different sites so for all our fans than went is this right or bull or close or what? i am hoping some folks are e kind of piling on.hell this might be normal behavior anymore since it has been a while since i have been to a game. so for those that have been or went how was it? were they really that rude?

Football, at least around the Cal program, doesn't seem to be very high on their BOT's list. There doesn't seem to be much excitement around their program. I kinda get it because they've been one of the worst Power 5 programs for a bit but Wilcox seems to have them playing alot better this year but still no real excitement from what I've watched and read.

I will say that Cal's postgame press room is a freaking joke. Night and day from SEC media rooms. Football just doesn't seem to be much of a worry at that school and maybe that's why they've sucked so long. Then again, maybe since they've sucked, nobody wants to get behind the program. Who knows.

I did see a Cal fan on social media letting AU fans know what bars to visit, good eateries, etc. That fan said that they don't tailgate at Cal because the way the surrounding areas are laid out, there's just no room. That fan said instead of tailgating, everyone goes to bars before the game and there's supposedly tons of bars right around the stadium area. They said everything is walking distance from parking, to bars, to the stadium. For those that have been to a game there, is this accurate? The fan was very cordial and gave a list of places to go before the game.

It really sounds like it's totally different out there compared to the SEC pregame and postgame festivities.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

There were way more than 20 people at the pep rally,  the stadium is no worse than Jordan Hare, the campus is beautiful,  I saw no issue with the fans I sat around.  They cheered and cleared out after the int.  Only issue I had was the beer line and lack of after game food options.  People just like to complain.  Before I left I had several people try to tell me how awful Berkeley is because it doesn’t line up with their political beliefs.  They couldn’t be more wrong.  

This is spot on. I attended the pep rally and there was well over 1k people there. It was a typical PAC12 pep rally. Their campus is gorgeous, and the fans were fine...mainly kept to themselves. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TeamZero77 said:

Football, at least around the Cal program, doesn't seem to be very high on their BOT's list. There doesn't seem to be much excitement around their program. I kinda get it because they've been one of the worst Power 5 programs for a bit but Wilcox seems to have them playing alot better this year but still no real excitement from what I've watched and read.

I will say that Cal's postgame press room is a freaking joke. Night and day from SEC media rooms. Football just doesn't seem to be much of a worry at that school and maybe that's why they've sucked so long. Then again, maybe since they've sucked, nobody wants to get behind the program. Who knows.

I did see a Cal fan on social media letting AU fans know what bars to visit, good eateries, etc. That fan said that they don't tailgate at Cal because the way the surrounding areas are laid out, there's just no room. That fan said instead of tailgating, everyone goes to bars before the game and there's supposedly tons of bars right around the stadium area. They said everything is walking distance from parking, to bars, to the stadium. For those that have been to a game there, is this accurate? The fan was very cordial and gave a list of places to go before the game.

It really sounds like it's totally different out there compared to the SEC pregame and postgame festivities.

That all lines up with the sentiment I've heard about a ton of PAC12/MWC schools tbh. I think for the majority of em, they have to win in spite of the malaise of administration. It's weird because they are just about the unquestioned leader in Olympic sports lol. 

• Like 1

I was there in section O. It would be a middle of the pack at best SEC stadium, but the campus and setting were beautiful. Fans were the same mix of good and bad you get at every stadium including ours. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

well i am glad they are better than was has been written. i brought it up because i would be horrified if we had been mistreating people ya know? and i know every school has idiots`

Cal and Stanford are in nice parts of town. Downtown SF was headed for a train wreck when I was there regularly 7 years ago, and friends who live there now tell me it's far worse. You should expect any campus with as much alumni and tax money as they have - vastly more than AU -  to be first rate. If you want to see a progressive wasteland, it's right down the road and across the bay from Cal. I didn't go to the game, but thought about it. Been there enough times that I know where to go. I was surprised to see one of my favorite haunts, Fish Grotto (aka The Grotto), made it onto the game broadcast. 

In a sentence: the place is a dump! Please spare me the political thread nonsense but with the way Californians  are taxed, I cannot believe how poorly managed the dump, outdated stadium is, complete with they’re not enough Porta-potty‘s as rest rooms and there concession stands that ran out of everything! 

I could go on, but I think everyone gets it.

12 hours ago, Win4AU said:

There were way more than 20 people at the pep rally,  the stadium is no worse than Jordan Hare, the campus is beautiful,  I saw no issue with the fans I sat around.  They cheered and cleared out after the int.  Only issue I had was the beer line and lack of after game food options.  People just like to complain.  Before I left I had several people try to tell me how awful Berkeley is because it doesn’t line up with their political beliefs.  They couldn’t be more wrong.  

Really, how many high school games have you been to? How many college stadiums have you been to where there restrooms are Porta-potty’s and there wasn’t enough of them?

The people? These people were more rude than Penn State fans in Happy Valley and that’s saying something!

11 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

There were very few to no bars open before the game.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

12 hours ago, Win4AU said:

IMG_4721.jpeg

IMG_4713.jpeg

090938BC-A62F-4915-A0D1-31D2F319AACC.jpeg

IMG_4703.jpeg

IMG_4693.jpeg

71589143195__E9CBF618-F4BB-44F8-8B5C-2F7A93E96A2C.jpeg

IMG_4690.jpeg

IMG_4692.jpeg

IMG_4694.jpeg

I see you missed the pics of the F-Auburn and your Auburn degree isn’t effing worth SHT, written on bedsheets hanging from their dorms and fraternity houses. Maybe those pictures you took just didn’t turn out very well.

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

I see you missed the pics of the F-Auburn and your Auburn degree isn’t effing worth SHT, written on bedsheets hanging from their dorms and fraternity houses. Maybe those pictures you took just didn’t turn out very well.

I saw that pic. This bedsheet is worth more than an Auburn degree. Our fans also said while leaving the stadium, Cal fans kept yelling "2.0" for GPA and that "Auburn is inbred babies." 

How the heck does fans talk that much trash after getting beat? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I saw that pic. This bedsheet is worth more than an Auburn degree. Our fans also said while leaving the stadium, Cal fans kept yelling "2.0" for GPA and that "Auburn is inbred babies." 

How do they do it? No class! Speaking of no class… You probably also saw at least four (that I saw) of the bammers dressed up in their full bammer gear at the game?

15 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

They strange all right. That's what hugging 🌳  all them yrs will do to u

Lots of splinters? 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

You gotta remember, some of these cats still think the world is flat and that men can get pregnant.  

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Haha 6

15 hours ago, AU-24 said:

How do they do it? No class! Speaking of no class… You probably also saw at least four (that I saw) of the bammers dressed up in their full bammer gear at the game?

Yeah. One guy was in full Bama gear standing at an Auburn souvenir tent/stand checking out our products.

He may have went over to Haight-Ashbury in San Francisco and got a hold of some of that good hippie stuff and forgot who he was cheering for that day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1