Taking over

LPTiger

7 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Great post!!

Some people just have to find anything to complain about! This is a sports forum not English 101. 

Apparently some who post here never attended Auburn (fact!) and others never attended classes like English 101 (fact!) because, welp, fratness.

7 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

In my younger days I loved my Powerbilt persimmon driver, 3 wood and 5 wood but never a 7 wood

How about now?  Link   

The seven wood is a club that often gets overlooked. Stereotypically, they are reserved for female golfers, seniors, or anyone with a slower swing speed. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, AURex said:

Apparently some who post here never attended Auburn (fact!) and others never attended classes like English 101 (fact!) because, welp, fratness.

One of the worst post I've read in my 17 years of being a Mod. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, AURex said:

You sound victimized from receiving to many wedgies when you young or by mean boys messing your hair up. There are people that will help with your issues…..you need to take the first step though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, cbo said:

This is so weak. Of course there are people here who never attended Auburn. Some went to better colleges, some couldn't afford college at all, whatever. 

Many of them can write better than you, though. 

Too many people on here make no attempt to post any content and then complain when others do.

If you don't like what someone posts, kick rocks. Move to the next thread. 

Hammer meets nail!

• Like 2

i shortcut on typing all the time. i am not writing a paper to turn in i am having fun. i do have respect for those that type pretty ok? but if i did that i would literally forget what the hell i was saying before i was halfway though.................

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i shortcut on typing all the time. i am not writing a paper to turn in i am having fun. i do have respect for those that type pretty ok? but if i did that i would literally forget what the hell i was saying before i was halfway though.................

“Fratness” really got you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, AURex said:

Elitism doesn’t look good on you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, AURex said:

As someone who attended Auburn and was in a fraternity, I aced English. They learned me well.

• Haha 7

On Tiger Talk CHF said that "we are still a work in progress", "he has to coach better,"  "the receivers lack experience" and "we will not be seeing the constant rotations at QB."  These sentiments are what I had in mind when I made the original post.   CHF is still trying to figure out a lot about this team.  On the QB situation, I would guess that instead of substituting Robby in during a drive he will give him a drive from start to finish.  I hope that comes after the half.   I'd really like to see PT take some shots down the field.  I'm not sure we have even attempted a throw beyond 25 yards of the LOS. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

As someone who attended Auburn and was in a fraternity, I aced English. They learned me well.

Obviously not.   We all know it is "learnt."

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

On Tiger Talk CHF said that "we are still a work in progress", "he has to coach better,"  "the receivers lack experience" and "we will not be seeing the constant rotations at QB."  These sentiments are what I had in mind when I made the original post.   CHF is still trying to figure out a lot about this team.  On the QB situation, I would guess that instead of substituting Robby in during a drive he will give him a drive from start to finish.  I hope that comes after the half.   I'd really like to see PT take some shots down the field.  I'm not sure we have even attempted a throw beyond 25 yards of the LOS. 

Busy parsing what you wrote. Like the way you put quotation marks in the correct places. Maybe start another paragraph when talking the QB situation. I prefer block style like a business letter.😏

I would just like to see the offense get into a rhythm. Seems last week we were “snake bit” from the start gate and never recovered. Robby really troubled me on his decision to throw into what should have been an interception. Not convinced his “ red zone” package is going to be a big deal against SEC defenses.

Edited by SaltyTiger
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I wanna see Thorne in it for most of the game. Let him establish time and rhythm with our receivers. We're gonna need it

• Like 1

On 9/13/2023 at 10:51 PM, AURex said:

Sorry, but this is 10 gazillion words with no paragraphs, no coherence, just run-on. I'd love to know what you have to write, but have no patience for this. Sorry.

you must be a Gen Z’er 

8 hours ago, cbo said:

If you don't like what someone posts, kick rocks. 

"Kick rocks" makes me chuckle.   Trying to visualize exactly what the original speaker meant...    Was it kick a bunch of little rocks like on a gravel road where no matter how many rocks you kicked you haven't moved the needle?   Or was it go kick a boulder and break 5 metatarsals.  "Pound sand" is another good one...   

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

"Kick rocks" makes me chuckle.   Trying to visualize exactly what the original speaker meant...    Was it kick a bunch of little rocks like on a gravel road where no matter how many rocks you kicked you haven't moved the needle?   Or was it go kick a boulder and break 5 metatarsals.  "Pound sand" is another good one...   

When I see the name Rex I think British, so bugger off could work too. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AURex said:

I will preface my remarks by saying everyone should be able to laugh at him/her self. That said, when did English 101 add welp and fratness as acceptable English?  I realize that the internet crowd added welp to its jargon a number of years ago, but until your post above I don’t think fratness was ever added. 

FWIW the use of paragraphs does help the reader, but ole LPTiger is certainly not the only poster who forgets to use the return key. 

• Love 1

4 hours ago, nthemix said:

you must be a Gen Z’er 

I think he's a lawyer, which means someone else has to do most of his typing for him. And he gets paid by the word. 😉

OP still made a quality point though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, AURex said:

Fratness? Did you used to hold a prominent marketing position at Anheuser-Busch? Emphasis on "used to"........

• Love 1

6 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Hit the bricks. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Can't waste attempts on covered receivers. 

9 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

Fratness? Did you used to hold a prominent marketing position at Anheuser-Busch? Emphasis on "used to"........

No, but I did hold positions at the VP level at 2 different universities as well as department head positions at other universities before that, as well as teaching graduate level courses at two universities.