*Official Auburn vs. Samford Game Thread*

abw0004

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Prediction: Thorne passes for 250+and 3 TDs. 2 of them to my guy, Fairweather!!

Well.  Thorne got 250+passing and 3TDs but didn't realize 2 of the 3 are rushing.  Definitely didn't think 125 yards rushing lol

• Like 2

PT HAS to see these reads earlier in the game. Every D we have faced so far has stacked for the handoff. This opens up a lot of options. 

1 minute ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

When he lowered his shoulder to pick up that first down, he certainly earned my respect.  A lot of QBs would’ve slid, but he welcomed contact and lowered his shoulder to get those extra yards.  

I do not think he has shied away from contact on any run tonight.  Leading rusher on the field, between both teams.

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Well.  Thorne got 250+passing and 3TDs but didn't realize 2 of the 3 are rushing.  Definitely didn't think 125 yards rushing lol

Too early for Heisman talk? 

• Haha 4

Just now, Strychnine said:

I do not think he has shied away from contact on any run tonight.  Leading rusher on the field, between both teams.

I’m just saying it’s impressive when you see a QB welcome contact and lower his shoulder.  Definitely impressive. 

Just now, tbone4jc said:

If PT can stop the turnovers, he can be dangerous 

That will come with coaching. When he decides to settle for the check down a little more, we’ll see it grow fruit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yngwie1995 said:

Too early for Heisman talk? 

Shhhhh. Don't want that talk with him lol

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

I can tell. They look tiny.

And they take such bad angles.  Do they get reps? Lol

3 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Really? I couldn't tell. 🤣

I knew when I saw the little white dude in the defensive backfield, something was up. Last time a white guy was starting in one of those positions was when Jason Seahorn played football.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

I’m just saying it’s impressive when you see a QB welcome contact and lower his shoulder.  Definitely impressive. 

It is.  Man has played like a straight DT QB tonight.