2024 3* & #1 Juco S Laquan Robinson Commits to AU!

ellitor

This guy could be one to watch if we miss on Patterson. #1 Juco S by 247, from Alabama, recruited in HS by Zac E, Juco coach was with Hugh at Ole Miss.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

JUCO defensive back Laquan Robinson locks in official visit to Auburn

Jeffrey Lee•20 minutes

Junior college defensive back Laquan Robinson has locked in an official visit to Auburn football, Auburn Live has learned

Edited by Paladin
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Cole P put in a pick last night for LR to AU FWIW.

I liked his film coming out of high school.

Excited about a lot of our young guys too with Rhym and Lee performing well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

@Zeek, @bigbird what do you think of him?

Didn't watch them all but what I did see I liked.  He certainly doesn't slow down when he hits you, I love that.  He seems very natural and fluid. Displays good anticipation and acceleration/closing speed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

@Zeek, @bigbird what do you think of him?

After watching his JuCo highlights some thoughts:

• Diagnosis the play really well. This lets him play fast and physically. Looks like he is more of a zone safety but that's not a slight. 
  • I like that on most of his big hits he is looking at what he is hitting. Not just a Smoke Monday targeting machine.
  • That being said, he tackles a few of the thicker running backs a little too high. The clip where he basically piggy-backs off the running back is not pretty; that will turn into a missed tackle and long run at this level.
  • Good hands and tracks the ball in the air well.

I don't know what his impact will amount to but I do think it's a good addition. He has always wanted to be here.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

From Greenville. Need to go old school and show him some 1980s Tommy Powell highlights. 😅

22 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

From Greenville. Need to go old school and show him some 1980s Tommy Powell highlights. 😅

TP used to come by my fraternity house.   We loved on him, and he loved on us.   Same with Kevin Porter.   That defensive backfield was unreal. 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 6:33 PM, ellitor said:

This guy could be one to watch if we miss on Patterson. #1 Juco S by 247, from Alabama, recruited in HS by Zac E, Juco coach was with Hugh at Ole Miss.

Any chance we take both or is this a one or the other situation?

36 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

TP used to come by my fraternity house.   We loved on him, and he loved on us.   Same with Kevin Porter.   That defensive backfield was unreal. 

They were good guys for sure. Same For Alvin Briggs and David King. Good times on campus back then. And great times on the gridiron. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alabastertiger said:

@alabastertiger The post you quoted was before ZP committed to Miami. We would take both it sounds like.

4 hours ago, alabastertiger said:

We'd take both

No. 1 JUCO safety Laquan Robinson projected to Auburn

JD McCarthy

Auburn has started to shift its recruiting focus to the JUCO ranks and one of their top targets is safety Laquan Robinson.

Originally from Greenville, Alabama, he now plays for Holmes Community College and has emerged as the top JUCO safety and is being pursued by several other SEC programs, most notably Ole Miss, Texas A&M and Florida.

Buy Tigers Tickets

Robinson visited Auburn last weekend to watch them take on the Georgia Bulldogs and came away impressed with the Tigers.

“It’s a great environment and a great coach,” Robinson told Auburn Undercover’s Jason Caldwell. “I feel like we can go somewhere with this. Today was real important. That showed those guys will fight. He’s got some things up his sleeve.”

The visit has made Auburn the favorite for the 6-foot-2, 195-pounder as Christian Clemente of Auburn Undercover has logged a crystal ball for Robinson to join Auburn’s 2024 recruiting class.

He has had a strong start to his sophomore season for the Holmes C.C., making 18 tackles and breaking up four passes in their first four games. If Robinson does join Auburn’s class he would be their second safety commit, joining four-star high school product Kensley Faustin.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

23 hours ago, toddc said:

No. 1 JUCO safety Laquan Robinson projected to Auburn

JD McCarthy

Auburn has started to shift its recruiting focus to the JUCO ranks and one of their top targets is safety Laquan Robinson.

Originally from Greenville, Alabama, he now plays for Holmes Community College and has emerged as the top JUCO safety and is being pursued by several other SEC programs, most notably Ole Miss, Texas A&M and Florida.

Buy Tigers Tickets

Robinson visited Auburn last weekend to watch them take on the Georgia Bulldogs and came away impressed with the Tigers.

“It’s a great environment and a great coach,” Robinson told Auburn Undercover’s Jason Caldwell. “I feel like we can go somewhere with this. Today was real important. That showed those guys will fight. He’s got some things up his sleeve.”

The visit has made Auburn the favorite for the 6-foot-2, 195-pounder as Christian Clemente of Auburn Undercover has logged a crystal ball for Robinson to join Auburn’s 2024 recruiting class.

He has had a strong start to his sophomore season for the Holmes C.C., making 18 tackles and breaking up four passes in their first four games. If Robinson does join Auburn’s class he would be their second safety commit, joining four-star high school product Kensley Faustin.

Let's get him in the class! 

• 3 weeks later...