Your primer on the House GOP

TexasTiger

I'm thinking the most likely action is that moderate Republicans are going to make a deal with the moderate Democrats to get a funding bill to the Senate and just bypass the MAGA/Freedom Caucus all together. 

It's going to end up with the MAGAs getting nothing that they want despite a Republican majority in the House. 

MAGAs may not care about a government shutdown, but I'm confident we've still got Democrat's and some common sense moderate Republicans that will get this thing done. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger

21 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I'm thinking the most likely action is that moderate Republicans are going to make a deal with the moderate Democrats to get a funding bill to the Senate and just bypass the MAGA/Freedom Caucus all together. 

It's going to end up with the MAGAs getting nothing that they want despite a Republican majority in the House. 

MAGAs may not care about a government shutdown, but I'm confident we've still got Democrat's and some common sense moderate Republicans that will get this thing done. 

Is that scenario a threat to Kevin McCarthy continuing as Speaker? 

9 minutes ago, economystupid said:

Is that scenario a threat to Kevin McCarthy continuing as Speaker? 

The Freedom Caucus says they'll try to remove McCarthy if he makes a funding deal with Dems, but who knows what they'd actually be able to do. The Freedom Caucus says a lot of things.