Auburn vs Aggies Post-Game Thread

Didba

1 minute ago, e808 said:

I am not sure about less. Based on the record I guess, but he ran off the majority of the team and brought in guys that he thought would fit. He also has the advantage of his two sons and Hunter coming along with him. As we can see having a QB makes a world of difference

Are you serious? He had to make linebackers into o linemen! He's playing a bunch of freshmen. He didn't run anybody off he said everybody had to compete.

But if you don't know about Colorado roster as opposed to us ok. They were ranked the worst roster in football. It was said umass had more talent, that's what make what Sanders is doing impressive.

A QB doesn't make ANY difference if he can't even get time to throw a slant

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

Colorado is much, much better than they were last season. 

I have no clue if Auburn is. 

arwefafe.gif.f467ad41c49c65232b14c62d4b8325b7.gif

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, cbo said:

Colorado is much, much better than they were last season. 

I have no clue if Auburn is. 

I get that, but Prime is still such a massive, massive, MASSIVE risk. I don't think people can grasp how catastrophic it would be if he took a job elsewhere. He does not appear to be the type who has loyalty to any given place.

Edited by AUwent

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

I brought up Sanders not Colorado which is what all this squawking is about. I just started this thread because there wasn’t one. My starting it has no bearing as you imply 

Ok sure.

No this is needed. So many can feel like Auburn won since Colorado lost 😂😂

We haven't been this down bad in quite some time!

• Haha 5
  • Facepalm 1

We don’t have a QB and we don’t have a real difference maker at WR. I didn’t think it would be this bad but I’m not super surprised that we’re here. 

Robby is who he is at this point. This is his fourth year at the collegiate level. Barring some sort of miracle, he is not going to undergo a Hendon Hooker-esque transformation into a competent passer and his best contribution at this point is either as a Taysom Hill-style gadget player or as the centerpiece of whatever HF’s version of the Nick Marshall/service academy run, run, and run some more offense is. 

The book on PT while he was a MSU is that he was a competent enough QB if the running game clicked and everything stayed on schedule but he fell apart when it didn’t. I think that’s a fair assessment of him now except now he doesn’t have a Keon Coleman or similar type of guy to bail him out. 

i think Hugh has one of two choices. Roll with Robby, lean on the run game and try to turn the remaining eight games into semi-winnable rock fights or start Holden, let him take his lumps and figure out who and what you have at QB and receiver going forward

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I get that, but Prime is still such a massive, massive, MASSIVE risk. I don't think people can grasp how catastrophic it would be if he took a job elsewhere. He does not appear to be the type who has loyalty to any given place.

Do head coaches frequently leave Auburn for greener pastures?

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just now, AUwent said:

Could you explain your factual basis for that contention, please?

I feel like I’ve been saying this for the past 5 years, but I simply want to appear to make a bit of progress from game to game. Couple that with improving recruiting ranking each year and you have a recipe to become a successful program. As a top 15 all time program I don’t think that’s too much ask. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

Do head coaches frequently leave Auburn for greener pastures?

I'm sure Tennessee thought that with Kiffin! 

Edited by AUwent
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, fishepa said:

I feel like I’ve been saying this for the past 5 years, but I simply want to appear to make a bit of progress from game to game. Couple that with improving recruiting ranking each year and you have a recipe to become a successful program. As a top 15 all time program I don’t think that’s too much ask. 

Last time I think happened was 2013, tbh.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Ok back on the thread topic. Regardless of how the offense played today all games are 50/50 minus GA and LSU

I wish I had the faith you did. I think moo state and Vandy are the only “easy” wins 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

We have most of our team we're patched thru the portal. It was a quick fix to try to field a competitive team this year. All the whining and complaining ain't gonna change the fact.  It takes time to build a program in the shape ours was.  Ol Coach Prime is learning that lesson right now. Sometimes it's better to say nothing. 

People may not have noticed but cds said absolutely nothing this week. ESPN commented on it. He knew exactly what was coming.  But it should be interesting how he deals with it - it’s a new one for him.

btw Anybody want to bet against him 2 years from now?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

BBQ is still good boys. 

Always is. I was able to find some conecuh sausage at a grocery store in East Texas. My parents were pumped since they came in town to watch that unfortunately abysmal game. 

• Like 1

One positive Freeze has is he got everyone pulling in the right direction behind the scenes which we haven’t had happen since Dye.  One thing that would worry me if we got Sanders is we wouldn’t have everyone pulling in the right direction because he would probably rub some people the wrong way.  We will see in time what benefits Auburn reaps in everyone pulling in the right direction.  

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Didba said:

Always is. I was able to find some conecuh sausage at a grocery store in East Texas. My parents were pumped since they came in town to watch that unfortunately abysmal game. 

Conecuh is the food of the gods 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

One positive Freeze has is he got everyone pulling in the right direction behind the scenes which we haven’t had happen since Dye.  One thing that would worry me if we got Sanders is we wouldn’t have everyone pulling in the right direction because he would probably run some people the wrong way.  We will see in time what benefits Auburn reaps in everyone pulling in the right direction.  

Prime may not have been willing to keep Caddy.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

I wish I had the faith you did. I think moo state and Vandy are the only “easy” wins 

I still like our chances against Bama , Ole Miss and Arky long as the defense can stay healthy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, e808 said:

I still like our chances against Bama , Ole Miss and Arky long as the defense can stay healthy 

Can we wait for UAT to actually lose another game before we write their epitaph? They lost ONE game to a potentially elite team and were dejected about it last week.

Edited by AUwent

8 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Ok sure.

Sorry to burst your bubble, it was a good effort though. You tried.  

4 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Conecuh is the food of the gods 

I’m smoking it right now with a cold one in hand while my parents and wife enjoy the bama game. Plus, my new job has me in a town in north Texas in an area of hills and pines. Reminds us all of Auburn. It’s good times this year even though I’m working 60-70 hours a week as a young associate. 

even though we get into it sometimes I appreciate you being congenial 

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

One positive Freeze has is he got everyone pulling in the right direction behind the scenes which we haven’t had happen since Dye.  One thing that would worry me if we got Sanders is we wouldn’t have everyone pulling in the right direction because he would probably rub some people the wrong way.  We will see in time what benefits Auburn reaps in everyone pulling in the right direction.  

Straight facts. I don’t think Sanders would be able to do this because of well. I won’t say it. But it’s not ideal. 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1