2024 4* Edge Jamonta Waller Flips From Florida To AU!!!

ellitor

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

My big fear is this. Someone talk me down if you can.

We used to get super pissed off at Gus for losing to Georgia, Bama, and LSU regularly. Rightfully so. Losses to those 3 teams kills your season.

We know now that “coaching up” is only going to get you so far. And it ain’t far. At all. 

If we consistently land the 5-10 class in the league, but those 3 teams are above us, odds are strong that we aren’t going to exceed Gus levels of success. 

Throw in schools like Texas AM, Oklahoma, Florida, and Texas who have the money to go toe to toe with us, and we may just be fighting for survival, here, not for program ascension. 

Trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel here, but the tunnel is the size of a pen tube and about 50ft long. Lol

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I've seen more 8-10 from people covering AU.

That’s who I’m talking about.  I usually catch On3’s recruiting show with JLee and Cole and I’ve been listening to the Rundown for a couple years now.  I think the latest show they said they expected Auburn to finish with about 24 recruits and another big portal haul.  2025 is shaping up to be special and may be better than what most are already predicting to be very good.  I hope Auburn doesn’t have to go through what Florida is dealing with which is a sub 500 record but a top 5 class.  

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

odds are strong that we aren’t going to exceed Gus levels of success. 

1. Wrong answer. Hugh will outrecruit what Gus did regularly.

2. Expand your scope. With the 12 teaam playoff starting next year we may not have a higher recruiting score to those 3 yearly but can still make the playoffs given 3-5 SEC teams will make the playoffs yearly. We will regulayly recruit at a level that can get us there.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We had a shock the world earlier this year that I think came half true earlier.  I'll be interesting to see where we end up, but "shocking the world" when Hugh is known for elite recruiting would be flipping Echols, Colemen, Bolden, Waller, Riley, etc.  Not adding 2 JUCO tackles and Favour Edwin.  

I agree that adding 2 JUCO tackles and Favour isn't shocking.  So, be prepared to be shocked.

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

While not shocking, it would still be damn strong for a 1st full class after the damage Harsin did on the trail. Freeze has mended many fences.

Strong yeah, but pretty much "inline" with what Auburn has done over the last 2 decades.  I'd guess 10th would be pretty close to our average finish.  I think it's strong for our first full cycle.  Great step in the right direction.

Just now, LPTiger said:

I agree that adding 2 JUCO tackles and Favour isn't shocking.  So, be prepared to be shocked.

Well we're apparently about to flip Solomon back 

• Like 2

Just now, LPTiger said:

@LPTiger Waller & Ryan Williams would not be a shock. Getting Solomon back from Cocky would be a shock. Besides that, what else you got?

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Strong yeah, but pretty much "inline" with what Auburn has done over the last 2 decades.  I'd guess 10th would be pretty close to our average finish.  I think it's strong for our first full cycle.  Great step in the right direction.

Plus also having the portal to get talent from as well.

Just now, ellitor said:

@LPTiger Waller & Ryan Williams would not be a shock. Getting Solomon back from Cocky would be a shock. Besides that, what else you got?

I like Solomon, but he was already committed once.  Flipping him, while good, isn't "shock the world" level type stuff.  I don't want to downplay it being good b/c I know ppl will think I'm doing that.  But there are levels between good and shock the world

Just now, ellitor said:

Plus also having the portal to get talent from as well.

I don’t trust the portal anymore after this year😂😂. We need to just star chase like the top teams do. Hooks and Shorter broke my heart. 

• Like 2

Just now, W.E.D said:

I like Solomon, but he was already committed once.  Flipping him, while good, isn't "shock the world" level type stuff.  I don't want to downplay it being good b/c I know ppl will think I'm doing that.  But there are levels between good and shock the world

Getiing a guy to commit a 2nd time after flipping away from you rarely happens. From that perspective, it would be shocking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don’t trust the portal anymore after this year😂😂. We need to just star chase like the top teams do. Hooks and Shorter broke my heart. 

Bro. Pretty much all but UGa, Bama, Texas, & Clemson are going portal shopping.

Just now, ellitor said:

Bro. Pretty much all but UGa, Bama, Texas, & Clemson are going portal shopping.

I know I know. I hope we can get to a point that it’s just for depth pieces though. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

That’s who I’m talking about.  I usually catch On3’s recruiting show with JLee and Cole and I’ve been listening to the Rundown for a couple years now.  I think the latest show they said they expected Auburn to finish with about 24 recruits and another big portal haul.

Last I saw from JLee was 8-10. Also, in terms of recruiting I would listen to AU undercover before the rundown. They cover recruiting better.

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I know I know. I hope we can get to a point that it’s just for depth pieces though. 

I could be wrong but I will reitterate. I think that era is gone for nearly every team on a yearly basis.

9 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Portal is full of cast offs mostly.  You gotta find the right ones.  The elite Keon Colemans are few and far between.  I'd say our hit rate for contributors is pretty solid this year even though we can't get anything out of our WR/QB

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

E, my guy doesn't allow me to share names in the rare instances when he even gives me names.  What he usually shares with me is that things are going really bad, bad, good, great, shocking.  His info is as good as Auburn info gets.   Much brighter days are ahead.   And @AuCivilEng1, the years of us always finishing behind Bama, UGA and LSU are nearing an end.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

E, my guy doesn't allow me to share names in the rare instances when he even gives me names.

I know. I wan't being literal.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I hope we flip Waller but won’t jump for glee as I see kids flip then re-flip. Part of the game. 

The good news is that if we flip him, the odds of him flipping a third time are astronomical. If he comes back, we probably can assure he’s a lock to sign an NLI

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The good news is that if we flip him, the odds of him flipping a third time are astronomical. If he comes back, we probably can assure he’s a lock to sign an NLI

I'd love to see the rare quadruple flip. Shocking!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

It’s all confusing tbh.