2024 4* Edge Jamonta Waller Flips From Florida To AU!!!

ellitor

Getting Waller to come would be huge for this class.   He is almost identical in size and heart as was Dee Ford.  He is slightly lighter than young Carl Lawson who showed up at AU at 6'2" and nearly 260#s.    People debate about on the field performance and how it impacts recruiting....   We are very capable of picking Milroe off 2 times in what will be a very hostile environment.   We pick him off twice, get a big special teams play, have Hunter break a long one and look out.   The stadium would be nuts and that type of an environment can make a hard decision much easier.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Putting your insider hat on? 

Nah, like most just repeating mod in from On3.  Jeffrey Lee predicted it at 75%

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

Waller has previously said he was planning on going to UF/Fla St.   Florida is on a 2 game losing streak and has LSU on the road at night tomorrow and Missouri on the road at night the following week.   After losing to Bama, LSU should be looking to embarrass UF and Missouri could likewise hang a lot of points on them.   If UF is on a 4 game skid and gives up 40 a game, maybe Waller comes to the Iron bowl instead.   If he does, look out.

6 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Waller has previously said he was planning on going to UF/Fla St.   Florida is on a 2 game losing streak and has LSU on the road at night tomorrow and Missouri on the road at night the following week.   After losing to Bama, LSU should be looking to embarrass UF and Missouri could likewise hang a lot of points on them.   If UF is on a 4 game skid and gives up 40 a game, maybe Waller comes to the Iron bowl instead.   If he does, look out.

I’m thinking what Florida does the rest of the way doesn’t matter. And I think he’s already gonna be here for the iron bowl and probably committed to us by that point. We are Recruiting him differently than Florida. Florida’s recruiting him to play linebacker and edge rusher where he could rush the passer and play in space. We are recruiting him strictly as a pass rusher, which is what he wants to play.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And I think he’s already gonna be here for the iron bowl and probably committed to us by that point. 

I hope that happens.   He told Brian Smith at SI 2 weeks ago that he planned to be in Gainesville Nov 25 "if possible."  If he comes to the Iron Bowl, he is ours.   

AU is officially publicly trending to flip Waller. 2 flip picks came in for AU including a big one from Keith who now covers the Gators.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Dee Ford was 190lbs as a high school senior. Reports have Waller about 240. Either way, I hope he's as relentless as Dee Ford was at rushing the QB.

33 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Jay Tate saying he expects a flip before 7pm on the drain.

30 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

More info Bird's been sitting on.

• Like 1

I’m just going to waller in this great day for Auburn football!!IMG_2960.jpeg

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Auburn flips Top247 edge rusher Jamonta Waller from Florida

The Picayune (Miss.) Memorial standout gives Hugh Freeze and his staff another huge recruiting win.

Steve Wiltfong5 mins

Picayune (Miss.) Memorial Top247 edge rusher Jamonta Waller has flipped his commitment from Florida to Auburn, giving first-year coach Hugh Freeze and the Tigers staff 18 commits in the 2024 cycle.

“Getting to be a part of the foundation of what Coach Freeze is trying to build,” Waller said. “He has done it in the past so he has proven himself to be the man for the job.”

With Waller as one of the jewels, this is an Auburn recruiting class that rises to No. 16 in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite Team Standings.

“I feel like I will have a great opportunity for early playing time and the confidence all the coaches have in me,” Waller said of what made Auburn right for you.”

Freeze and the Tigers made sure to stay in contact with Waller who had gave a verbal to the Gators back in June.

“The coaches never stopped recruiting me,” Waller said. “Coach Freeze reached out frequently and always let me know how much he wanted me on his side.”

The appeal to play for defensive coordinator Ron Roberts was something Waller has always loved about Auburn. He also feels he can help continue to flip the trajectory of the program.

“Coach Roberts, getting to learn from one of the best and going somewhere you can be the reason to change the program around, that’s huge,” Waller has told 247Sports in the past.

247Sports tabs Waller as the No. 1 prospect in Mississippi, No. 5 edge rusher in the country and No. 48 prospect overall.

“They want me to play on the edge at the Jack position,” Waller said. “That’s really huge in my recruitment.”

A state champion, Waller finished his junior season with 106 tackles, 24 stops for loss, 11.5 sacks, one interception, one forced fumble and two fumble recoveries. In his first 10 games as a senior he registered 56 stops with 19 tackles for loss, nine sacks and 21 quarterback hurries. He has forced two fumbles and blocked a punt.

247Sports National Analyst Cooper Petagna is high on Waller.

“Exhibits outstanding knee bend and hip flexibility off the edge,” Petagna wrote in his scouting report. “Demonstrates an explosive first step off the line of scrimmage in addition to excellent play speed and tempo in his pass rush. Shows the ability to win with short area quickness, suddenness, and power. Pro-active mover that plays with very little wasted motion. Every step has a purpose. Thick frame and explosive hands allow him the ability to seal the edge. Flashes active run and chase ability, plus the ability to make plays down the line of scrimmage. Possesses the athletic ability and suddenness to drop in coverage situationally. High motor player that can impact the game with speed, power, and athleticism off the edge.

“Undersized 3-4 OLB that possesses outstanding athletic traits and nuance to overcompensate for lack of size at the point of attack. Projects to an all-conference prospect with the potential to develop into a day one NFL Draft choice at the next level. Also possesses the ability to contribute immediately on Saturdays due to his physical readiness and pass rushing ability.”

• Like 4

Just now, LPTiger said:

That was the Juice CHF referred to Friday morning!!!! 

Yep 

• Like 1

• RunInRed changed the title to 2024 4* Edge Jamonta Waller flips from Florida to AU!!!!