2024 4* Edge Jamonta Waller Flips From Florida To AU!!!

ellitor

29 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

CHF is in process of shocking the CFB world with his recruiting ability...

Indubitably 

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Indubitably 

Somebody has been watching the Three Stooges. 😂 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Alright now 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Would it really shock the world?  Srs....everyone knows his recruiting ability 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DAG said:

Alright now 

Right? If he would have come in and put together a number 1 class, the world would be shocked. As it stands now, we #17 and are #9 in the list of 16 SEC teams (including Ok and Tex), per On3.  That’s probably about where most thought we’d be in the first year with Hugh. 

Sidebar….the SEC is insane in recruiting. We have a super talented class. How tf is it only good enough for 9th? Jesus. If we had a class like Georgia, I think we’d all have heart attacks and die.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Right? If he would have come in and put together a number 1 class, the world would be shocked. As it stands now, we #17 and are #9 in the list of 16 SEC teams (including Ok and Tex), per On3.  That’s probably about where most thought we’d be in the first year with Hugh. 

Sidebar….the SEC is insane in recruiting. We have a super talented class. How tf is it only good enough for 9th? Jesus. If we had a class like Georgia, I think we’d all have heart attacks and die.

Coaching up (I hate that phrase) is going to have to be a major part until we consistently get in that top 5 range nationally…

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

How tf is it only good enough for 9th?

We only have 16 commits. The rest of the teams above us have 19 or more.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I think the point is when it is all said and done, if we are like top 5 nationally and top 3  in the SEC at the end of it all (that would be world shocking), particularly with our season. I hate comments like that though because they are so subjective.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

We had a shock the world earlier this year that I think came half true earlier.  I'll be interesting to see where we end up, but "shocking the world" when Hugh is known for elite recruiting would be flipping Echols, Colemen, Bolden, Waller, Riley, etc.  Not adding 2 JUCO tackles and Favour Edwin.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Ok if you sort that by averag rating, we are 12th and 7th in the SEC. Gotta land some more big dogs. That’s all there is to it.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

Coaching up (I hate that phrase) is going to have to be a major part until we consistently get in that top 5 range nationally…

It needs to be a major part of any program. While the total numbers aren't there yet, the quality we have committed & are expected to get will be in the upper half of the SEC & may even be top 5 in the SEC come February.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think the point is when it is all said and done, if we are like top 5 nationally and top 3  in the SEC at the end of it all (that would be world shocking), particularly with our season. I hate comments like that though because they are so subjective.

Agree, think we probably end up around 10-ish.  Shocking the world will get us into top 3-5, which i'd love

Just now, W.E.D said:

Agree, think we probably end up around 10-ish.  Shocking the world will get us into top 3-5, which i'd love

10ish is what I predict. I am hoping we get the #1 transfer class though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

It needs to be a major part of any program. While the total numbers aren't there yet, the quality we have committed & are expected to get will be in the upper half of the SEC & may even be top 5 in the SEC come February.

Well yes I know it needs to be a major part of any program, but the consensus around here is CKS and CNS don’t coach or coach up, they win because of talent. 

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Ok if you sort that by averag rating, we are still 17 and 7th in the SEC. Gotta land some more big dogs. That’s all there is to it.

@AuCivilEng1 FWIW if we have 2 big flips (at least 1 looks likely) we will have a strong shot at a top 10 class in the nation.

• Like 1

Just now, ellitor said:

@AuCivilEng1 FWIW if we have 2 big flips (at least 1 looks likely) we will have a strong shot at a top 10 class in the nation.

I agree with that. Waller will be big if we can land him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Agree, think we probably end up around 10-ish.

While not shocking, it would still be damn strong for a 1st full class after the damage Harsin did on the trail. Freeze has mended many fences.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Most talking heads (Rivals, On3) are saying 10-12 this year and possible top 5 2025.  

Yep I am putting all of my hope in the 2025 class really changing the guard 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Most talking heads (Rivals, On3) are saying 10-12 this year and possible top 5 2025.  

I've seen more 8-10 from people covering AU.

My big fear is this. Someone talk me down if you can.

We used to get super pissed off at Gus for losing to Georgia, Bama, and LSU regularly. Rightfully so. Losses to those 3 teams kills your season.

We know now that “coaching up” is only going to get you so far. And it ain’t far. At all. 

If we consistently land the 5-10 class in the league, but those 3 teams are above us, odds are strong that we aren’t going to exceed Gus levels of success. 

Throw in schools like Texas AM, Oklahoma, Florida, and Texas who have the money to go toe to toe with us, and we may just be fighting for survival, here, not for program ascension. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1