Freeze obv deserves a mulligan on this season regardless, but

Dual-Threat Rigby

6 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Mulligans for a coach that makes millions? Hugh and Gus are damn near interchangeable. 

Mulligans for players that are getting paid as well? Bull s***

Last night was garbage and one of the worst prepared teams I’ve ever seen on any level of any sport.

well it wasn’t a home game - bull s*** get over it. grass is grass. Make bull s*** away game excuses.

well LSU has a good O- bull s*** play physical and get some hate in your heart. LSU has zero defense. None

AU has been rebuilding since the days of the pyramids. 

Guys I am over wasting my Saturdays on AU football. They don’t care and it was shown last night. They have had 6 games and numerous practices to mesh.  I am not saying win them all, just act like you want to be here. 

Are you okay, bro?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Ole Miss is a winnable game. At Home. AU needs to play well to win. If we get our doors blown off by Ole Miss , it will be cause for concern.  That's why I say this is the most important game for the last several years for us. If we win, sets the stage to a strong finish. 

I agree it’s winnable but I thought that about A&M. I thought how the offense performed last night was going to tell us a lot coming out the bi and close loss with Georgia. I don’t think the offense gets much better and Kiffin will torch our tired defense in the second half. 
BTW. How’s the Shoals doing??? My wife and I grew up there 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Ok. Given your matchup prediction success. How are we going to fair against Ole Miss? 

Ole Miss doesn’t have the offensive line that LSU has but does have a QB, WR and running back that are pretty dang good.   Given that and Kiffin’s ability to scheme and play call, it could be a long night in JH.  
It’s not one single thing that is preventing or stopping Auburn’s offense from working.   It’s everything!!!!  Play calling, execution and personnel are lacking in every phase.   I can point to two plays last night that summed up AU’s offense all year.  1) right before half it was 3rd and 5 around the 50 yard line, 3 receivers to the right were looking at the sidelines for the play, Thorne was trying to get the play call to the lineman, time was running down and the ball was snapped.   All three receivers were still looking at the sidelines and the ball had been snapped and I believe Thorne threw an uncatchable ball to the left or sacked (I honestly didn’t care after seeing the receivers not even break on the snap).  Anyway, 4th down and punt and LSU took a knee before halftime.   
Bottom line is offense is a hot mess and the defense looks like it’s going through the motions.   

58 minutes ago, cole256 said:

This is actually a good point. We aren't as talented as them but we are better than what we showed. Freeze shouldn't get a COMPLETE pass but he shouldn't be crucified either

This is a good take. I question his QB rotation. But some of the cats on here just aren't realistic.  The only way we were gonna look "good" against LSU was to score with them. That isn't our strong suit, to put it mildly. Hence, Our D gets tired ( 20 -10) in 3rd quarter and LSU starts rolling. We can't keep up and you hear things like, "we give up", " no emotion" " Grass at LSU and at AU is all green" etc.         This ain't 2012 level bad. Not even close. 

5 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

I agree it’s winnable but I thought that about A&M. I thought how the offense performed last night was going to tell us a lot coming out the bi and close loss with Georgia. I don’t think the offense gets much better and Kiffin will torch our tired defense in the second half. 
BTW. How’s the Shoals doing??? My wife and I grew up there 

Ole Miss has 3 * talent with a good scheme.  A& M has 5 * talent with a conservative scheme. I think we get Ole Miss Sat.

Shoals is good. Dollar Generals popping up everywhere. 

• Like 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Ole Miss has 3 * talent with a good scheme.  A& M has 5 * talent with a conservative scheme. I think we get Ole Miss Sat.

Shoals is good. Dollar Generals popping up everywhere. 

I hope you are right! I will be at the game on Saturday 

After many many years of watching college football, I have taken this as my official position.  It has held true for all football programs not just Auburn. However, there are a few times that it was close, and now is one of those. 

Nothing is ever as good, or bad, as it appears.  

just when we least expect it, change occurs, and the entire perspective of the situation can change. A player with swagger will show up or step up at Auburn.  Not saying it will be this year, but change will come. 

Bo, Pat, Brent, Takeo, Nick, Cam….and countless others. 

War Eagle. 

Ole Miss is only beatable if you can have sustained offensive drives. If you cannot do that, no quality SEC team is beatable. I have no doubt, the defense will show up for a part of the game and make it challenging. My issue is the offense, which ranked dead last in the SEC will not be able to consistently apply the pressure needed to win that game, nor do I see how anyone can argue otherwise. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

This is a good take. I question his QB rotation. But some of the cats on here just aren't realistic.  The only way we were gonna look "good" against LSU was to score with them. That isn't our strong suit, to put it mildly. Hence, Our D gets tired ( 20 -10) in 3rd quarter and LSU starts rolling. We can't keep up and you hear things like, "we give up", " no emotion" " Grass at LSU and at AU is all green" etc.         This ain't 2012 level bad. Not even close. 

It may not be as bad because it’s a different situation as far as the coaching goes.  One was on the way out and one is just starting.   
As of right now, I don’t see how anyone could have any confidence in this offense putting up points to win games.   It’s that bad.    LSU’s defense was some of the sorriest defenses I’ve ever seen when they played Ole Miss.   

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I still remember when some folks thought Jarquez was slightly better than Tank was and that was never true and those takes look even worse now. Jarquez is not a #1 back.

The more the season goes on Cobb will get more and more carries and not look back

I don’t think we’ll ever realize how special tank was. His first year was his only above average OL and we thought he was special. It’s a shame we couldn’t emulate that baseline of mediocrity every season, bc I think he would be thought of in a higher memory 

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t think we’ll ever realize how special tank was. His first year was his only above average OL and we thought he was special. It’s a shame we couldn’t emulate that baseline of mediocrity every season, bc I think he would be thought of in a higher memory 

Yep I got caught up in the Hype, I also think he did too. Tank was definitely under appreciated for the work he put in, glad he putting work at the nfl level 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Mulligans for a coach that makes millions? Hugh and Gus are damn near interchangeable. 

Mulligans for players that are getting paid as well? Bull s***

Last night was garbage and one of the worst prepared teams I’ve ever seen on any level of any sport.

well it wasn’t a home game - bull s*** get over it. grass is grass. Make bull s*** away game excuses.

well LSU has a good O- bull s*** play physical and get some hate in your heart. LSU has zero defense. None

AU has been rebuilding since the days of the pyramids. 

Guys I am over wasting my Saturdays on AU football. They don’t care and it was shown last night. They have had 6 games and numerous practices to mesh.  I am not saying win them all, just act like you want to be here. 

It’s important to remember this is just a game you can turn off at any point. If it’s causing you real pain the next morning after, there’s nothing wrong with a break

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Ole Miss is only beatable if you can have sustained offensive drives. If you cannot do that, no quality SEC team is beatable. I have no doubt, the defense will show up for a part of the game and make it challenging. My issue is the offense, which ranked dead last in the SEC will not be able to consistently apply the pressure needed to win that game, nor do I see how anyone can argue otherwise. 

If AU wins, it will be ugly. That's the only way they can win at this point. At home, at night.  I think they can win. Kiffin lost 5 in a row to end last year after being ranked in top 15 earlier in the year. Ole miss has 3 * talent.  And AU seems to play much better at home. 

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

If AU wins, it will be ugly. That's the only way they can win at this point. At home, at night.  I think they can win. Kiffin lost 5 in a row to end last year after being ranked in top 15 earlier in the year. Ole miss has 3 * talent.  And AU seems to play much better at home. 

Maybe but that’s not something I would want to bet on. If we can’t get consistent passing and rushing attacks we will be in trouble. Particularly if ole miss scores quickly first .

18 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Ole Miss doesn’t have the offensive line that LSU has but does have a QB, WR and running back that are pretty dang good.   Given that and Kiffin’s ability to scheme and play call, it could be a long night in JH.  
It’s not one single thing that is preventing or stopping Auburn’s offense from working.   It’s everything!!!!  Play calling, execution and personnel are lacking in every phase.   I can point to two plays last night that summed up AU’s offense all year.  1) right before half it was 3rd and 5 around the 50 yard line, 3 receivers to the right were looking at the sidelines for the play, Thorne was trying to get the play call to the lineman, time was running down and the ball was snapped.   All three receivers were still looking at the sidelines and the ball had been snapped and I believe Thorne threw an uncatchable ball to the left or sacked (I honestly didn’t care after seeing the receivers not even break on the snap).  Anyway, 4th down and punt and LSU took a knee before halftime.   
Bottom line is offense is a hot mess and the defense looks like it’s going through the motions.   

Like your post.  First of all we are down on talent so I did not expect to win that game but I did expect to be more competitive than what we have been showing.  I did not see any rub routes, clearing routes or blitz control routes when we ate lucky enough to recognize a blitz.  About sick of fades and over the back shoulder routes.  

Defensively we telegraph blitzes, when we ran man coverages we did not have a spy on Daniel's.

• Like 1

The issue is qb. Scheme, play calling, OL, WR separation and play making, ect. All valid. All secondary. 

The issue is qb.  PT with a limited RA rotation is not, will not work. It’s completely failed. Go with RA and give him the full offense. It’s time.

3 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I wish I had the same tact in trying to convey this same message. All I can usually come up with in the moment is ‘single-digit football IQ’ and ‘a bunch of dumbasses.’  

I think part of the issue with us fans is that everything “coming out of the complex” is rainbows and sunshine, and it gets perpetuated on the AU boards with even more glowing positivity to the point where fans have lofty expectations. 

It’s only now we’re realizing the portal transfers are nowhere close to the hype we heard about. All those portal and talent rankings and accolades for the wonderful job the staff did in acquiring the portal talent seems meaningless.  

The “complex” has a job to pump out positivity 24/7, I understand that and realize it’s necessary.  It’s when the actual games are played on the field and we see an exponentially inferior product than we’ve been sold for the last 6-7 months that people get angry and begin questioning the coaching and the man in charge of this program. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Ole Miss with their 3* talent beat the team we just lost by 30 to. I wish we had 3* talent

Prob not wise to start score comparing.

For instance,  we lost to GA by 7

I think GA beats Ole Miss by 21.

We should be Ole Miss by 14.

If u start score comparing that is

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Ole miss put over 700 yards on lsu. We put up less than 300.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Georgia/Ole Miss hasn’t been played. The other 2 games have. Just saying 

• Haha 1

We have very little talent right now. You can thank CGM, CBH, and some of the best talent leaving for the portal for various reasons, almost all of which happened before CHF and staff. Objectively i think we may rank 10-12 out of 14 teams in the SEC w/r to talent. We are clearly not a Top Six Team in SEC where would like to position ourselves historically. 

We have a new staff coming in after what is likely the worst coaching hire in the SEC since 1980. We had a staff and a HC that didnt recruit, didnt build the team up, was dedicated to really nothing but a paycheck. All this is presenting itself on the field now. Whatever talent we had recruited or signed pretty much left before CHF got here. 

You can coach all you want to but over the course of the season you will win largely based on talent. We played #1 UGA well, but we were gassed when we got to LSU. We have some decent starters, but quality depth is something we just do not have and that is exactly what we are seeing right now. Most of our real talent today is in the Sophomore and Freshman Classes. Let them mature, learn, grow up physically, and we will get better. The problem is that the SEC is getting better too. We have to recruit Top 10 minimum and Top 5 if we expect to compete within the SEC Top Tier. 

O Coaching: I cant say I understand for even a minute why we put Thorne back in after the first quarter. He is either hurt or just cant compete at the SEC Speed and Talent Levels. Playcalling looked abysmal. Maybe CHF and staff are playing for the future because the "here and now" sucks at several levels. 

D, We are playing above our heads although we need some help and experience with DB play. Several years ago we had nightmares about "Fred Tally just ran by my window." This season it is Brock Bowers. If not for some really bad coverage aainst Bowers, we were easily in a position to possibly win a game over Georgia. 

We are not a great team yet, and may not be a really good team yet either. But folks, realistically, we do not have the talent to win big at this time. Coaching can only get you so much. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Got ya, I thought you were implying the staff that didn't have two full years with a roster entirely and not the previous regime as well.  Which seemed really odd to me!!

It started in 2014

• Thanks 1