What do you want to see against Miss State

Win4AU

Anything that resembles a coach doing his job with not as many boneheaded calls and the team having an offense that is productive even just a little. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, IA_FB_Fan said:

Probably not the best place for this post, but it seems that I don't have the ability (understandable) to create a new thread.  I'm coming to Saturday's game with my nephew and his wife.  We're from Iowa and Hawkeye fans (our offense is sooooo bad), but since they don't play any away games that we haven't already visited, we're venturing out to SEC territory, and Auburn is where we selected to go this weekend.

We'll be parking in the Poultry Science Lot and sitting in section 31 at the game.  Looking for any advice on gameday, etc.  How soon do we need to be parked to avoid major traffic tie-ups?  What is traffic like post-game? 

Would appreciate any info that people can provide.  Looking forward to Saturday and a new football experience!  Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum!  Enjoy the game.  I'm an Auburn alum ('94) that now lives in Iowa.  Unfortunately, I haven't been down to Auburn in two decades, so I can't tell you much. Hopefully some other people will reply to you.  Have a great time and if Auburn wins, be sure to head to Toomer's Corner before leaving town.

-Bryan

• Like 1

The football gods have been good to us believe it or not. This is the ultimate "get right" game because MSU is BAD on offense. Like worse than us in some categories.

I'd like to see three things. That's it.

- 50%+ in third down conversions. 3rd down cannot be passing downs all day! Get it 4 yards and under on 4th down and give yourself a chance.

- Respectable Success Rate. Doesn't have to be 50%, just something to keep drives alive and finish them.

- Payton Thorne throw for 100+ yards

MSU has bad pass defense. This is the time to get right in the passing game because Vandy and NMSU are bad against the pass too. Arkansas is kind of solid. I want a W regardless, so if it's rock fight win then whatever, but I want the offense to come alive to build confidence and show recruits that they can move it through the air.

Bulldogs aren't any good and if this Auburn team can get up big early then they will probably quit. WDE.

3 minutes ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

Signs of improvement.

Just signs?  Not actual improvement?  

Just kidding.  I knew what you meant but it made me think of signs of improvement of people coming out of a coma for some reason.  Like when they can blink their eyes to answer questions. 

47 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Just kidding.  I knew what you meant but it made me think of signs of improvement of people coming out of a coma for some reason.  Like when they can blink their eyes to answer questions. 

LOL.

At this point I'll take signs and we can work up to actual improvement over a little more time.

A successfully completed slant pattern to a receiver and a throw down the field to any tight end who catches the ball for a first down.

1 hour ago, Crypto Dentist said:

A successfully completed slant pattern to a receiver and a throw down the field to any tight end who catches the ball for a first down.

We’ve thrown a slant 4 or 5 times the last 2 games and it always gets a first down.  I’d love to see it thrown early and often and then scheme up a way to open up sideline passes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dwayne Pride said:

I just blinked twice to your comment!!

• Like 1

A WIN! I just want to see a WIN at this point! Just keep it simple, and execute, even if it's the ole wing T or I formation with a little power mixed in. 3 yards and a cloud of dust stuff. I don't care if it's a 3-0, 3-2, just a win at this point! Maybe some old 1972 Terry Henely type O! 

Based on what the talking heads have been saying all week I’d expect Auburn to try to go fast.  If true I hope they don’t abandon it the first time they go 3 and out.  Wouldn’t it be wild if all the sudden the offense starts putting up decent offensive stats and wins out?  Would a decent offense and Iron Bowl win wash the bad taste out of everyone’s mouth?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Based on what the talking heads have been saying all week I’d expect Auburn to try to go fast.  If true I hope they don’t abandon it the first time they go 3 and out.  Wouldn’t it be wild if all the sudden the offense starts putting up decent offensive stats and wins out?  Would a decent offense and Iron Bowl win wash the bad taste out of everyone’s mouth?

Yes, it will. If 7-5 Auburn beats Alabama no one will give a damn about the offensive struggles from half the season. Not to mention what it would do for recruiting and the atmosphere in the SEC heading forward. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, woodford said:

Yes, it will. If 7-5 Auburn beats Alabama no one will give a damn about the offensive struggles from half the season. Not to mention what it would do for recruiting and the atmosphere in the SEC heading forward. 

And 8-4 Auburn with a bowl with to be 9-4 or even if we lose to Bama and win a bowl, 8-5 would be a massive accomplishment and would give us a ton of momentum.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

1 QB for 90% of the game (Thorne)

I feel like if this were a route they were going to go, they'd have done it by now. It's been painfully obvious for multiple games. At this point, it's almost like they refuse to do it cause they wouod be admitting they were wrong or something.

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

What?

It would also be wild if I won the lottery next week.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I feel like if this were a route they were going to go, they'd have done it by now. It's been painfully obvious for multiple games. At this point, it's almost like they refuse to do it cause they wouod be admitting they were wrong or something.

I’m keeping my eye on you.  In a good way.