What do you want to see against Miss State

Win4AU

1 hour ago, KansasTiger said:

I feel like if this were a route they were going to go, they'd have done it by now. It's been painfully obvious for multiple games. At this point, it's almost like they refuse to do it cause they wouod be admitting they were wrong or something.

Probably, but it asked what I want to see. Lol. 

I think Robbie has dirt on Freeze or something. There is literally nothing he does better than Thorne other than being faster and more athletic. And Thorne is pretty fast and athletic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Consistency.

Improvements.

A long drive with series of first downs outside of the opening script. 

A completed pass over 30 yards.

A completed pass in the MoF.

Avg. 5.0 ypc. 

A receiving TD 

Multiple catches by a TE 

Correct Blitz recognition and pick up.

Conner Lew destroying someone

Defensive score.

Take away the mid zone on D.

Win. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EagleEye67 said:

... that are caught.   By our players,  I mean...

It’s so bad how thing are now..what is a forward pass? 

On 10/23/2023 at 5:19 PM, gr82be said:

she gets pretty passionate during a game and walks out of the room if it’s going badly.

I hope Great sees a lot of his wife's backside today as she walks out of the room.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

I hope Great sees a lot of his wife's backside today as she walks out of the room.

I'm guessing at least 2 walk outs at this point.   AMIRIGHT?

21 hours ago, bigbird said:

Consistency.

Improvements.

A long drive with series of first downs outside of the opening script.

A completed pass over 30 yards.

A completed pass in the MoF.

Avg. 5.0 ypc.

A receiving TD

Multiple catches by a TE

Correct Blitz recognition and pick up.

Conner Lew destroying someone

Defensive score.

Take away the mid zone on D.

Win.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LPTiger said:

I'm guessing at least 2 walk outs at this point.   AMIRIGHT?

I only saw the first half but she’s actually accepted that they are a bad team. She handled it well. She was on her laptop for quite a while afterward and then showed me the stuff she was ordering from Amazon. Oh well, the price of victory I guess. I’ll take it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

I only saw the first half but she’s actually accepted that they are a bad team. She handled it well. She was on her laptop for quite a while afterward and then showed me the stuff she was ordering from Amazon. Oh well, the price of victory I guess. I’ll take it. 

Thats a very smart lady you have there!!Lol

On 10/24/2023 at 3:17 PM, woodford said:

The football gods have been good to us believe it or not. This is the ultimate "get right" game because MSU is BAD on offense. Like worse than us in some categories.

I'd like to see three things. That's it.

- 50%+ in third down conversions. 3rd down cannot be passing downs all day! Get it 4 yards and under on 4th down and give yourself a chance.

- Respectable Success Rate. Doesn't have to be 50%, just something to keep drives alive and finish them.

- Payton Thorne throw for 100+ yards

MSU has bad pass defense. This is the time to get right in the passing game because Vandy and NMSU are bad against the pass too. Arkansas is kind of solid. I want a W regardless, so if it's rock fight win then whatever, but I want the offense to come alive to build confidence and show recruits that they can move it through the air.

Bulldogs aren't any good and if this Auburn team can get up big early then they will probably quit. WDE.

- Auburn was 4-11 on third down which is 36% 

- Finished over 50% in Success Rate! 52% to be exact. That's good enough for 91st percentile. That will win you a lot of ball games.

- Thorne threw for 230 yards which was good enough for 0.50 EPA/Play. Great day for Payton.

Great day overall. I'm a little disappointed in the run defense. MSU ran a little too much for my taste, but we'll take the victory. Auburn was efficient throwing the ball! That is refreshing to see. 

image.png.ef6dffe8a3abb6e96694d60a34f89916.png

On 10/28/2023 at 5:07 AM, Dwayne Pride said:

You have quite the flair for the dramatic.  

Maybe, but at the end of the 1st half, Thorne was close to 200 yards. So who knows how close he would have been if MSU scored more and we used the same aggressive approach in the 2nd half. 

4 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

Maybe, but at the end of the 1st half, Thorne was close to 200 yards. So who knows how close he would have been if MSU scored more and we used the same aggressive approach in the 2nd half. 

Agreed on that point.