What do you want to see against Vandy?

Win4AU

image.jpegYou got anymore of that offense?

2.  I want to see the starters resting in the 4th instead of holding on 

3.  1st win at Vandy in almost 20 years 🤮

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1) Continue productive yards on first down through a mixed attack (5+ YPP)

2) Balanced offense

3) Continue getting turnovers on Defense

4) Lots of sacks / pressure

5) would like to see a big return on a punt or kick off.

6) Most importantly, a big win. 

• Like 1

1. Defensive linemen besides Marcus Harris being at least a little disruptive 

2. LBers getting off blocks and not getting caught up in the trash at the line of scrimmage 

3. PT throwing for 300 yards 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1

1. Aggressive offense for 4 quarters.

2. More throwing on 1st down.

3. No Robbie Ashford (nothing personal...).

4. Another win.

Heck, we can still pull out a good-to-excellent final record to go with the good recruiting CHF has done.  Maybe we've saved our best for last...

• Like 2

Four full quarters of competent ball. Do not sleep walk in this game because they are “vandy.” Continued improve communication between the QB and WR. JH to still keep gaining more confidence as RB #1

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

Four full quarters of competent ball. Do not sleep walk in this game because they are “vandy.” Continued improve communication between the QB and WR. JH to still keep gaining more confidence as RB #1

Can not see this team taking “its Vandy” for granted. With you on JH. He really needs to come on as expected the rest of the season. Really impressive stuff Saturday. Goes a long way when you have  a shot at a big run any given play.

• Like 1

You saw it a little this week but, Freeze has to be involved in the offensive game plan.  Crime Dog’s new role has helped take some of the recruiting load off Freeze.  Jay Tate said he believes Monty is calling 100% of the plays but Freeze is telling him what he wants to see.  I know Miss State is bad but it was pretty obvious that offense was more aggressive than it had been. Gus was smart enough to know that an occasional long bomb keeps the LBs and DBs off the line a little to open the run.  Gotta keep doing that even if it’s not successful.

I just wanna see another win and some second half TD’s. Vandy ain’t good at all but I doubt Auburn is beating them to the point the starters are resting in the 4th.

Honestly our away gane perfirmances have been terrible. I want to see Auburn have its first respectable away game performance and who better than Vandy

4 hours ago, Win4AU said:

image.jpegYou got anymore of that offense?

2.  I want to see the starters resting in the 4th instead of holding on 

3.  1st win at Vandy in almost 20 years 🤮

Get a lead, run out the clock, win, and read complaints about Freeze being like Gus and not being aggressive enough.  If we do that, then we were in control of the game. CONTROL is what coaches want and that is difficult for fans to understand. They want control of the circumstances. Auburn had control all game, MSU didn't have the QB to threaten us. 

Edited by Auburn93

1 - I want to see our OL create a new line of scrimmage 5 yards downfield and has the commodores DL looking like they are boat racing backwards.

2 - I want to see our DL bring havoc, quickness and speed and making RBs fake being tackled to avoid pain.

9 hours ago, creed said:

1 - I want to see our OL create a new line of scrimmage 5 yards downfield and has the commodores DL looking like they are boat racing backwards.

2 - I want to see our DL bring havoc, quickness and speed and making RBs fake being tackled to avoid pain.

To sleep, perchance to dream. 

31 minutes ago, AU120289 said:

No mercy. Handle their business with ruthless efficiency. 4Qs of domination.

Also maybe a funnel cake, if I make it to the game. So bad, but so good.  

Off topic but do not ever get a funnel cake at Zaxby’s.  They are abominations.  

• Like 1

On 10/29/2023 at 2:52 PM, DAG said:

Your correct about not sleepwalking. We lose this one and the season sinks!!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Your correct about not sleepwalking. We lose this one and the season sinks!!

Yep that scares me , I know we technically shouldn’t have a “trap” game but I can see this being one 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

- 50% Third Down Conversion Rate

- 45%+ Success Rate overall

- Payton Thorne throwing 225+ yards

- Score 31+ points

Vanderbilt is horrid on defense. They've competed with Georgia and Florida to an extent but they're not any good. Lea is a respectable coach so I don't think they'll quit or anything, but Auburn should whoop them. They're giving up 6.88 YPP which is 111th in the nation. They can't stop the pass and sure can't stop the run.

A good butt whooping on the road would do wonders for momentum going into Fayetteville next week. Auburn doesn't usually get lulls in the schedule like this so they should take advantage. 

• Like 1

Just win the game. Beat Vandy this week and Arky next week.  NM should be easy.  That puts us in a decent bowl (not Birmingham) regardless.  Get through these 3 then get ready for grand finale at home with a lit crowd.  

I’d like to see a balanced and productive offense like we saw in the first half against MSU.  
On defense, just some stops, a couple of turnovers, and most importantly no injuries!

Finally, this is a game that we absolutely must win! And I’d prefer it to be in convincing fashion!