How much will we take ??

tkdpal

At what point do we fans tell Auburn that enough is enough?? For the last 4 years I have watched the contribution amount as well the price of tickets sky-rocket!!

This new systems that will take affect in 2006 is going to drain even more money from our pockets.

Don't get me wrong I love :au: , but when will the bleeding stop. I did the math last night and here is how it will break down for me next year.

My wife and I purchase 3 season books a year

1 for me

1 for my wife

1 for our son

This year the contribution that cost me $300 in 2006 will be $600. (yes double!!)

Based on the price of this years season books - $295 per book

It will cost $885 to purchase our tickets.

That is a total of $1485 to go to the games. Keep in mind that this does not include the money that I drop at the game buying my son a $5 hotdog a $4 Nacho and a $3 bottle of water.

$1485 divided by 7 games is $212.14 for 3 tickets.

For those of ya'll not good at the math ( :ua: Fans)

That is an average cost of $70.71 per ticket per home game!!!!

I know we all gripe & complain about the rising cost of tickets due to scalping but maybe we should consider what a ticket really cost an :au: donor. Maybe our anger should be focused on the true problem. For every action there is a reaction.

The action is that for the last 4 years ticket prices have been out of control. The reaction is that in order to go to a game without a ticket you will pay 3 times the face value on ebay. Or flame someone on here who is not selling at face value!!!

I feel your pain. I probably will not even be able to afford for me, my wife, and 2 kids to go to a game this year. Even a Ball St, or W. Kentucky game. That's minimum of $120 per game. It is getting out of hand.

I feel your pain.  I probably will not even be able to afford for me, my wife, and 2 kids to go to a game this year.  Even a Ball St, or W. Kentucky game.  That's minimum of $120 per game.  It is getting out of hand.

176781[/snapback]

And that does not even include the money you would have to spend to get them fed and hydrated. I know what you mean man. But unfortunately it is a price i will continue to pay. Scalpers prices will only continue to go up though.

My father has been a scholarship donor since the days of Sullivan-Beasley. He said this weekend that those days are probably over. He's 72 years old and loves AU football with a passion, but says it's just gotten out of hand. I'm seeing more and more people shaking their heads and saying it's just not worth it.

They need to come up with more innovative ways to raise money than to keep hitting up the average Joe with massive price hikes. AU football has always been about family but it's getting almost impossible to include your family anymore.

Thank goodness for rich folks that can afford those prices without even blinking an eye.

Just listen to the radio broadcast, or if you have a black & white TV. . .

This brings us in line with other SEC schools such as UGA. It sucks but there is always somebody out with more money than us and is willing to part with it. UGA does not have a problem selling out and we won't either. The problem is that as we were groomed as little children by coming to a game, we will not be able to groom the next generation of children. Then in 20 years the idiots in charge will ask why there are no grass roots fans attending the games. At that time maybe they'll realize that they have created an elitist atmosphere. Who knows, maybe even students will get cut out of the deal. I would love to bring my little ones (6 and 9), just can't afford to take the hit on a regular basis. I guess it will get to where its cheaper for a group of us to rent a blimp rather than get into the stadium. Hey, a new business opportunity for some of you startups out there?

Don't forget gas guys! HOLY CRAP will it hurt this year.

176849[/snapback]

You are absolutely right at $2.50 a gallon and rising it will cost a small fortune for me to just drive to the games this year.

I only intend on being at a couple of games. I intend on selling the rest of my tickets just can't afford 7 games. What bothers me is that 2 of the games I will sell arn't worth the price of the ticket.

What keeps me hanging in is how much i enjoy being there with my wife and hopefully to sit in the stands with my son in a few years and explain to him what it means to be a tiger!!!

Does anyone see the threat of corporate sponsorships buying up bundles of tickets? Aren't many of the Braves tickets sold that way? If it keeps going up this way, people WILL start making the decision not to attend. As I said, my dad is on the verge of calling it quits after 30 plus years of contributing. He's a doctor so he's got some spending cabbage :D , but he's about had enough.

One of his partners has been purchasing 10 season books for his family for the same amount of time and he's ready to throw in the towel too.

Does anyone see the threat of corporate sponsorships buying up bundles of tickets?  Aren't many of the Braves tickets sold that way?  If it keeps going up this way, people WILL start making the decision not to attend.  As I said, my dad is on the verge of calling it quits after 30 plus years of contributing.  He's a doctor so he's got some spending cabbage :D , but he's about had enough.

One of his partners has been purchasing 10 season books for his family for the same amount of time and he's ready to throw in the towel too.

176866[/snapback]

I realized last night that the money that I drop on contribution and ticket prices alone would get me season tickets to most NFL teams around the country!!

I refuse to go to any home games this year. I am going ton AU-KY in Lexington. Tickets were about $25 each. I can go to an away game and stay in a hotel for about what an upper deck ticket at JH costs with all the add-ons. I just gave my parking space tickets from being a business school donor to a friend. He was very happy.

By the way, that fullback in orange below played his first regular season game last Friday nite. He touched the ball 7 times, scored a 10 yd TD, scored a 7 yd TD, and scored a 2 point conversion. He had 49 yds on 7 carries. Signed, A Proud Papa, MrMoJo.

176779[/snapback]

I believe that $70 a ticket is what game cost in the Big 12. It may be $60 for the Utah States of the world and $70 for major opponents but I know my ticket to OU/ :ua: was $70 as was the ticket I bought for OU/UCLA.

176779[/snapback]

I believe that $70 a ticket is what game cost in the Big 12. It may be $60 for the Utah States of the world and $70 for major opponents but I know my ticket to OU/ :ua: was $70 as was the ticket I bought for OU/UCLA.

176872[/snapback]

ticket prices seem reasonable compared to the other big schools...I've never been to a better game atmosphere anywhere...they seem like a bargain compared to red sox tickets...absolutely boring...$50 for parking...the game forget it....and do you think you'll see half as many hot girls? if the rolling stones can sell out at $100 a pop then you know auburn is gonna be able to sell tickets for $70/game...you can still walk up to the stadium on gameday for WKU or Ball state and get $10 tickets...if you really want ot take your kids and don't have much money then try the old halftime entrance...me and my dad did that a couple of saturday's ...the guys at the gate will do this for people with kids if you look pitiful enough

176779[/snapback]

176872[/snapback]

For a quality oppnent I understand those prices. Honestly tell me you would pay that for a citadel ticket or a Western KY ticket.

I just get this image in my mind of Jay Jacobs sitting at his SEC AD conference and learning that UGA and UF are raising more money than Auburn ... scratching his head and saying "Yeah. We gotta do that too."

Notice the way the leaks hit the street before the poorly constructed emails hit your inbox. Seems to be the norm out of the AD office these days.

I am sure Mr. Jacobs is a nice fellow who loves Auburn, but these things have to be handled better, with more input from the people that he is serving.

Or maybe he did get input from the people he is serving, and it just wasn't us !!

He is in over his head, I'm affraid.

As for Pro games, my Redskins tix cost me $55 each plus $20 to park.

I have paid more for tickets to other events, many times. I paid several hundred to see a Daytona 500 a few years ago; I paid $200, I believe to see AU against the Silly Q's in the sweet 16 in Albany, NY a couple of years back. Paid $90 to see Peter Noone and the Beach Boys earlier this month and more than that to see Billy Joel a few years back.

So I suppose I'll continue to go to every game I can make for as long as I am able to do so physically. I know it must be hard to take a whole family, but if the kids want to go to a game, we have the lesser opponents games where you can buy cheap tickets before the game rather easily. I was NEVER able to afford to go to an Auburn game until I was a student here in the late 60's! The cost of the trip and the 6 or 8 dollar ticket was more than I could spare. I NEVER REALIZED THAT GOING TO THE AUBURN GAMES WAS AN ENTITLEMENT!!!!! When I got out into the world after graduation, I just considered myself fortunate that my Auburn education allowed me the opportunity to earn enough to afford to go to the games AND to do many other things that I never thought I would be able to do.

Sorry for the rant, but that's just the way the world works in sports and entertainment these days. If you want quality facilities for all the different sports that are mandated and want to field competitive teams in those sports, FOOTBALL IS THE CASH COW THAT PAYS THE BILLS!!!

what a bunch of whiners you guys are! auburn football has given me many priceless memories over the years, and i'll pay whatever price i can to be there every saturday. i'm glad we have enough interest in our football program that we can even consider raising the price to raise more money. if we want to consistently be among the best in the country, then we need keep up with our peers. i've been in the endzone for 12 years, and i'm excited to get a chance to improve my seats. everybody just get off your wallets, or shut up.........some of you sound like the bammers!

i need to drop my tickets since i'm in knoxville now (was in KY), but i love the location and i know i'll never get these seats again. as long as the little woman says i have to keep them, i will. i'll do my 3 games a season and pray the world ends before i have to pay off my credit card bill. :no:

what a bunch of whiners you guys are! auburn football has given me many priceless memories over the years, and i'll pay whatever price i can to be there every saturday. i'm glad we have enough interest in our football program that we can even consider raising the price to raise more money. if we want to consistently be among the best in the country, then we need keep up with our peers. i've been in the endzone for 12 years, and i'm excited to get a chance to improve my seats. everybody just get off your wallets, or shut up.........some of you sound like the bammers!

176952[/snapback]

Some peopel have families to feed, bills to pay, etc. Ticket prices for collegiate football are getting outrageous.

The prices are outrageous....parents donated alot of money this year, only to be seated on the 4th row, behind the goal posts (for all of you that dont know, those are probably the worst seats you can get). Thankfully, they made a couple of calls to the ticket manager, and are getting better seats.

Regardless, my parents have been longtime donors and supporters of Auburn Univ. Sad to say, they probably wont be buying season tickets next year, which will be the first time in a good long while.

I have read many posts on here with members stating they plan on not getting tickets next year. If this is clearly the message, they will feel some type of heat on it. We can only hope that the people who have power above us arent blinded by greed and can achieve a compromise for the situation.

It seems to me the sport of football is making money. The proceeds from one bowl game will pay all coaches salaries for the year plus more. They say this sport pays for the other sports that lose money. Hopefully Lebo will soon turn a profit in BBall. But we have to build new facilities for him. The experience of seeing a game at Jordan-Hare is priceless, but the quality of viewing a game is best on TV. It's all good - the rich pay top dollar and the poor get the best view.

You know, if we'd lose most of our game for a few years in a row, eg. Bammer, maybe the prices would be lower, but I don't want that.

176952[/snapback]

Some peopel have families to feed, bills to pay, etc. Ticket prices for collegiate football are getting outrageous.

176972[/snapback]

EVERYBODY SIT DOWN!!!! Streyder I agree with you. My questions to Kelly are:

a. Are you single or married?

b. Do you have any children?

c. How far do you drive to the games?

Unless you can answer ....................

a.YES

b. ATLEAST one that you take to the games

c. more than 200 miles.

To these questions I dont think you have a clue what it mean to "sacrifice" to be there on game day. Nobody is whinning. I am just tired of people going onto the ticket board and getting pissed off cause somebody has padded the face value of a ticket. Then they come on this board and talk about what an outrage it is that an :au: fan would "dare" pad the face value of a ticket. You know what? Blame the institutions that charge the face value to begin with.

This excuse from the Athletic departments is ridiculous.

"Other schools are doing it so we must to!!"

YOU WANT TO FIND SOME EXTRA CASH IN A NCAA Division 1 ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT?????

CAN YOU SAY TITLE 9???????

Why have all the donation crap? Just sell the tickets at the inflated price and be done with it. I can't afford to take a family of four to every game, but I would liek to get all of them down for at least one. I applaud all of you that give up everything else but the chance to pay for AU season tickets, but the rest of us try to be a little more well-rounded.

176952[/snapback]

WOW...big shot huh??? You sound like an idiot. What do you mean keep up with our peers? I was talking with a die hard UGA fan that has had season tickets for years yesterday and he said there tickets weren't but $32 a piece. I don't know if this is accurate for all the tickets but if it is true, AU tickets are over 50% more for face value. Throw in the fact that now you have to pay more for the priveledge to buy the tickets means a lot more money per ticket. I don't think that calling people whiners and telling them to shut up...much less calling them bammers...is going to get your point across. Some people, myself included, can not afford to buy tickets for good seats or, as you put it, get off of our wallets. Does that mean that you will enjoy the tailgating and going to the game much more than the people that can't afford it? Does that make you any bigger of an Auburn fan than the rest of us? I don't think so!!!!

Archived