How much will we take ??

tkdpal

I agree with the Title 9 comment above, but that's another discussion for another time. Suffice it to say that football has to finance the athletic program as a whole at most D1 institutions, and that's an expensive proposition.

If the increase is merely to keep up with the Jones', then there's a problem. If the athletic department is clicking on our current budget, leave it alone. Some of the other schools with bigger budgets may need that to sustain their other sports. This is an increase for FOOTBALL tickets, but it's for certain that money is going elsewhere in the athletic program.

I still say if the cycle continues, you're going to see corporations snapping up large blocks of tickets and the average Joe who busts his/her backside to make these games, getting squeezed out.

Guest Tigrinum Major
I was talking with a die hard UGA fan that has had season tickets for years yesterday and he said there tickets weren't but $32 a piece. I don't know if this is accurate for all the tickets but if it is true, AU tickets are over 50% more for face value.

177300[/snapback]

The $32 figure is correct. They also have the priority system based on contributions and I am not sure what the levels are, but I do believe that Auburn's are about the same at the moment.

Auburn's tickets prices are a graduated scale, with tickets for games like Ball State being the lowest and Alabama being the highest. Georgia tickets are a flat price.

Now, I say that to say this, other schools are much higher than either of these schools. While we are getting a big increase next year, we are not as high as others.

I don't buy season tickets, based on the fact that I haven't had a schedule that allowed me to do so over the past several years. Watching my kids play soccer or baseball on Saturdays in the fall was more important to me than traveling to Auburn for a game in person. None of my kids are playing any sports this fall and I will be able to make it to more games, but not enough to buy season tickets. I usually am able to get tickets for whatever games I need and I will continue to do so.

I was talking with a die hard UGA fan that has had season tickets for years yesterday and he said there tickets weren't but $32 a piece. I don't know if this is accurate for all the tickets but if it is true, AU tickets are over 50% more for face value.

177300[/snapback]

The $32 figure is correct. They also have the priority system based on contributions and I am not sure what the levels are, but I do believe that Auburn's are about the same at the moment.

Auburn's tickets prices are a graduated scale, with tickets for games like Ball State being the lowest and Alabama being the highest. Georgia tickets are a flat price.

Now, I say that to say this, other schools are much higher than either of these schools. While we are getting a big increase next year, we are not as high as others.

I don't buy season tickets, based on the fact that I haven't had a schedule that allowed me to do so over the past several years. Watching my kids play soccer or baseball on Saturdays in the fall was more important to me than traveling to Auburn for a game in person. None of my kids are playing any sports this fall and I will be able to make it to more games, but not enough to buy season tickets. I usually am able to get tickets for whatever games I need and I will continue to do so.

177307[/snapback]

That is true about the base price of the uga tickets. But the minimum donation to even get on the ticket list brings the prices in line with what AU is proposing. It all comes out in the wash, but it's still a large chunk of money any way you look at it.

Archived