Iron Bowl Visitor Thread

alabastertiger

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

If he flips I don't think it would be til after his January OVs, if he reclassifies.

Where is this reclassify thing coming from? Did he get held back a grade or is he trying to hurry up and get to college?

36 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Where is this reclassify thing coming from?

@Sizzle Coming from him. He's been talking about potentially doing it for months.

37 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Did he get held back a grade or is he trying to hurry up and get to college?

Trying to get to college.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Until AU loses a couple of games with him at the wheel. Then the wolves will descend on him just like they did on Nix.

Bo Nix was SEC Freshman of the Year. In 2 1/2 seasons he broke Stan White's total offense record that was accomplished in four seasons, a record that had stood for 28 years. When Nix set the Auburn record for most consecutive passes without an interception, he broke the record that he had set himself. What more do we want out of a QB? Yet, the griping was ceaseless and merciless.

I hope Walker White and any other QB who signs with Auburn gets better treatment than one of our own, a legacy, got.

I don’t even think it’ll take a couple losses. Let him look “jittery” in the pocket a couple times and throw an interception and you’ll see fans start to slowly turn on him 

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Until AU loses a couple of games with him at the wheel. Then the wolves will descend on him just like they did on Nix.

Bo Nix was SEC Freshman of the Year. In 2 1/2 seasons he broke Stan White's total offense record that was accomplished in four seasons, a record that had stood for 28 years. When Nix set the Auburn record for most consecutive passes without an interception, he broke the record that he had set himself. What more do we want out of a QB? Yet, the griping was ceaseless and merciless.

I hope Walker White and any other QB who signs with Auburn gets better treatment than one of our own, a legacy, got.

Stats are a lot of fun, but they don’t tell the whole story. Nix was solid in 2019, a year where he had a fantastic D-line that could shut teams down, and some talent at WR and on O-line. He lost some of those pieces in 2020 which, in turn, led to a big step back. While that’s not necessarily his fault, he also seemed to personally regress in 2020. As soon as he faced good competition in 2021, same thing. I think most of those problems were, admittedly, not necessarily his fault but rather being put in bad spots and poor offensive management by Malzahn and then Bobo/Harsin. Nix needed development and he didn’t get it at Auburn. At Oregon, he’s progressed and benefited from both a talented roster around him and a weaker conference. He’s a legit Heisman candidate. No, he didn’t deserve half the hate he got here and that makes me very sad that it ended that way. But he was the definition of a talented loose cannon on the field - always going to give you 2-3 awesome plays per game and good for some boneheaded plays in every game as well. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, lca408 said:

Stats are a lot of fun, but they don’t tell the whole story. Nix was solid in 2019, a year where he had a fantastic D-line that could shut teams down, and some talent at WR and on O-line. He lost some of those pieces in 2020 which, in turn, led to a big step back. While that’s not necessarily his fault, he also seemed to personally regress in 2020. As soon as he faced good competition in 2021, same thing. I think most of those problems were, admittedly, not necessarily his fault but rather being put in bad spots and poor offensive management by Malzahn and then Bobo/Harsin. Nix needed development and he didn’t get it at Auburn. At Oregon, he’s progressed and benefited from both a talented roster around him and a weaker conference. He’s a legit Heisman candidate. No, he didn’t deserve half the hate he got here and that makes me very sad that it ended that way. But he was the definition of a talented loose cannon on the field - always going to give you 2-3 awesome plays per game and good for some boneheaded plays in every game as well. 

I'll submit that a lot of the spite aimed at Bo Nix was fan frustration with Gus. It just flowed over. That's still no excuse for the dissin' Bo took.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'll submit that a lot of the spite aimed at Bo Nix was fan frustration with Gus. It just flowed over. That's still no excuse for the dissin' Bo took.

No arguments there. 

I hope Bo wins the Heisman, I watched him in high school beat my son’s football team all 4 years. I said he was the best high school football player i  ever seen play in person, and that still stands true today. 

• Like 3

To continue the off topic chatter… I think Bo was better in 2020, but he regressed as the team regressed. Around the UGA game, things just fell apart offensively. The whole offense seemed to fall off completely after that game. In 2021, I think Bo had a common problem adjusting to pro style passing concepts after spending his career in spread sets. He seemed to be starting to get his footing before his injury. Notice how we stopped winning games altogether after he got hurt and transferred. 

To the purpose of this thread, I’m so happy the players had a blast even though the product on the field in the 4th quarter wasn’t good.

Edited by ScotsAU

3 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

To continue the off topic chatter… I think Bo was better in 2020, but he regressed as the team regressed. Around the UGA game, things just fell apart offensively. The whole offense seemed to fall off completely after that game. In 2021, I think Bo had a common problem adjusting to pro style passing concepts after spending his career in spread sets. He seemed to be starting to get his footing before his injury. Notice how we stopped winning games altogether after he got hurt and transferred. 

To the purpose of this thread, I’m so happy the players had a blast even though the product on the field in the 4th quarter wasn’t good.

You aren’t going to look like a very good QB when you are constantly running for your life 1 second after the ball is snapped. I’ve preached for the past 10+ years you have to recruit the trenches.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

You aren’t going to look like a very good QB when you are constantly running for your life 1 second after the ball is snapped. I’ve preached for the past 10+ years you have to recruit the trenches.

This. WE HAD NO O-LINE!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

At the end of the day, the young man made a great decision and showed just how talented he truly is.  It is regrettable that we didn't provide him (and his family) a better chance to succeed.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

This. WE HAD NO O-LINE!

Well that can't be right.  I'm sure someone in this thread can set you straight... 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 1