*Official Auburn vs. New Mexico State Game Thread*

abw0004

1 minute ago, bishoptf said:

116 yards on offense on the first half...if they do this the second half they loose this game...

Need the ball more than 3/4 possessions

Edited by difball

NMSU has a smart game plan with the new clock rules. Milking it and shortening the game. 

The surprising part is how well they are moving the ball on our D. 

• Like 3

Don’t think I’ve seen that many critical penalties in a half of football in my life…..

Just now, cbo said:

NMSU has a smart game plan with the new clock rules. Milking it and shortening the game. 

The surprising part is how well they are moving the ball on our D. 

They are whipping us in the trenches on both sides.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, tigers23 said:

Absolutely pathetic effort

Unfortunately this is how you play your way into a Birmingham Bowl. Hopefully they wake up in the second half. Looking ahead is not acceptable. 

• Like 1

Just now, AUApostle said:

The penalty yards are one thing, but the impact is understated because of the first downs we gave up. 

I will say the more physical team is winning. Impressed with their physically on defense. I think Aston needs more touches due to his burst after his initial read. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Earn your check Hugh. What a weak ass effort all across the board . We may get our asses beat . Garbage 

Hugh is good for one of these games or two and it is so annoying…

• Like 3

Of the defense doesnt get more three and outs than our offense isnt going to have many opportunities. NMS is averag8ng close to 6 minutes a drive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve seen this movie before.  Auburn almost loses to the cupcake but takes Bama to the very end in the Iron Bowl.  Beat a big ten team in Nashville.  Have hope for next year.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Hugh is good for one of these games or two and it is so annoying…

Sh*t I though he’d burnt those games already.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GoAU said:

Don’t think I’ve seen that many critical penalties in a half of football in my life…..

That's the key.  The penalties have been back breaking type.  Make a momentum play but we held. Got bailed out on a couple as well.  Hopefully we can have a great drive and get it in the endzone.  Don't give them a positive play that keeps the bog down going.  Need to take control. 

Just now, Win4AU said:

I’ve seen this movie before.  Auburn almost loses to the cupcake but takes Bama to the very end in the Iron Bowl.  Beat a big ten team in Nashville.  Have hope for next year.

I would take that with the likelihood of certain upgrades in talent going forward.