*Official Auburn vs. New Mexico State Game Thread*

abw0004

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Well I'm waiting for the Saban loss to ULM his first year talk... Sigh let's get it over with so the sunshine pumpers can still feel good about Freeze... 🤣

Waiting? It's already been said by multiple people. Some I think in jest, some for rel.

Just now, e808 said:

This is probably the worst lost I can recall. Even in 2012 they beat the cream puffs 

We didn’t anticipate Jerry Kill resurrecting the 115th best D1 team to this level of ability when we scheduled this team. They are quite good and should be commended.

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Just now, e808 said:

The crazy part he has been blown out by this Coach two consecutive years.

He is Freeze’s daddy lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Saban had a #1 recruiting class coming in. Let’s not forget that. 

And a previous national championship. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tigeraddikt said:

We’re all pissed right now. But maybe this is his version of Saban’s ULM loss his first year? He knew what it would take, but he couldn’t go out and possess his players’ minds and execute for them. That being said, definitely out-everythinged today. Just a weird game.

Really stop the comparison right now CHF is not Nick Saban, so everyone stop with that comparison. Saban can coach and nothing I have seen this year indicates that CHF can coach at all...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Saban had a #1 recruiting class coming in. Let’s not forget that. 

Great point. Remains to be seen how Freeze and Co. close out. We definitely have help coming.

That sound you heard is all of my foreseeable autumn Saturdays clearing up on the calendar to make room for more productive endeavors.

Edited by looney

Just now, tigeraddikt said:

We’re all pissed right now. But maybe this is his version of Saban’s ULM loss his first year? He knew what it would take, but he couldn’t go out and possess his players’ minds and execute for them. That being said, definitely out-everythinged today. Just a weird game.

I'm not saying fire him, I'm saying he was a terrible person that no one else wanted. Why would you pay top billing for a coach that basically begged for this job for 3 years, had no other offers, and is in a show and prove situation? I only mention the part of him being a bad person (at least formerly), because that is in part why he was unhireable for however many other programs. That SHOULD affect his asking price.

We gave him a contract like he was a top dog on the market. I don't care how Auburn spends its money, but it's inferior program stuff to just throw money around that desperately 

• Like 1