Hugh Malzahn

auburnphan

14 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

This argument is almost as tired as  “Nick Saban lost to LaMo in his first year”.

Thank you. Hugh hasn’t won jack s*** in his career. Nothing. The two are not the same. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Thank you. Hugh hasn’t won jack s*** in his career. Nothing. The two are not the same. 

yep. we hired a coach who cheated to the best of his abilities and still could not be successful. in the SEC West.  We already know how to cheat...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

HughbeatBamatwice..

.am I doing this right?

• Haha 4

I never understood why we treated Gus like the worst thing ever. He was a massive disappointment for a ton of his seasons, but the dude operated at a level Auburn has had for a good chunk of its existence (really above that level, but I digress). Especially in terms of volatility. He himself raised the standard for recruiting classes (as compared to Tuberville at least), and deserved to bear the blame for that talent underperforming, but there's no middle ground in the analysis of the guy on this board lol. He's either given a modicum of respect or treated like an evil.

Freeze was Gus's inferior when they shared the conference together, so we at least need to see this guy do something here before treating him like he's actually superior to what Gus WAS (was being the operative word) at Auburn. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, EagleEye67 said:

HughbeatBamatwice..

.am I doing this right?

gotta add in around a decade ago to make it legit!!!

Edited by auburnphan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I never understood why we treated Gus like the worst thing ever. He was a massive disappointment for a ton of his seasons, but the dude operated at a level Auburn has had for a good chunk of its existence (really above that level, but I digress). Especially in terms of volatility. He himself raised the standard for recruiting classes (as compared to Tuberville at least), and deserved to bear the blame for that talent underperforming, but there's no middle ground in the analysis of the guy on this board lol. He's either given a modicum of respect or treated like an evil.

Freeze was Gus's inferior when they shared the conference together, so we at least need to see this guy do something here before treating him like he's actually superior to what Gus WAS (was being the operative word) at Auburn. 

he was a part of the Highland Cult, the end

Edited by auburnphan
  • Haha 2

The level Gus had us at may just be the best we can realistically hope for. Now, it was obvious that we were not going to be able to keep at that level anymore under him, but I would say that 2016-19 level (which would mean a berth in the playoff every few years) is a reasonable goal to shoot for under Hugh.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Don't 100% agree but the title is hilarious.

Seriously he has lost games that should not even be close just like Gus could never dominate a game against lesser opponents.    They have both been failures in this area.

• Like 1

I know people aren’t comparing SEC game champion, National Championship game appearance, multi SEC West Champion coach Gustav Malzahn to some philanderer that beat Saban twice?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AUwent said:

The level Gus had us at may just be the best we can realistically hope for. Now, it was obvious that we were not going to be able to keep at that level anymore under him, but I would say that 2016-19 level (which would mean a berth in the playoff every few years) is a reasonable goal to shoot for under Hugh.

If we hadn’t run Gus Malzahn out of here we could’ve had Bo Nix and Gus and Kevin Steele instead of Harsin and Hugh. I think we’d have been on average 2-3 wins better each of the last three years. 

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Hilarious how many were just waiting to leap at the first misstep.  

It’s always the same people too.  Nothing more than trolls.  

• Like 5

I hate the loss, the way we looked during it, and the jeers afterwards but the tired ass regurgitated complaints that certain individuals had upon his hiring have nothing to do with it.  This is just the first opportunity to dirty the water and wave their arms and say, "see! We were right!" when their complaints have nothing, or very little, to do with the game. Pathetic. 

Complain about the coaching decisions, the players' efforts or deficiencies, the penalties, the in-game decisions, these are relevant, valid, and plenty! Trying to bring up personal s*** he and his family have moved past doesn't. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

If we hadn’t run Gus Malzahn out of here we could’ve had Bo Nix and Gus and Kevin Steele instead of Harsin and Hugh. I think we’d have been on average 2-3 wins better each of the last three years. 

And if Red hadn’t started the AU Family site we all could have countless hours back. Speculating is fun but largely inaccurate. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

And if Red hadn’t started the AU Family site we all could have countless hours back. Speculating is fun but largely inaccurate. 

If Golf hadn't hooked Abraham up with his friend Sarah... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If Golf hadn't hooked Abraham up with his friend Sarah... 

is is true that’s Golf’s real name is Adam?

• Haha 1