Hugh Malzahn

auburnphan

On 11/19/2023 at 7:02 AM, bigbird said:

I hate the loss, the way we looked during it, and the jeers afterwards but the tired ass regurgitated complaints that certain individuals had upon his hiring have nothing to do with it.  This is just the first opportunity to dirty the water and wave their arms and say, "see! We were right!" when their complaints have nothing, or very little, to do with the game. Pathetic. 

Complain about the coaching decisions, the players' efforts or deficiencies, the penalties, the in-game decisions, these are relevant, valid, and plenty! Trying to bring up personal s*** he and his family have moved past doesn't. 

It is the totality of who Freeze is as person. He is impulsive, inconsistent, self-aggrandizing, and a lying weasel.

He loves to compare his NCAA investigation to that of Jesus being crucified... until it hits the news and he's scrambling to coerce reporters into redacting it.

He loves to beat his chest on national TV about how much a winner he is everwhere he goes after beating a mediocre BYU and Arkansas just to follow up with a 3 consecutive losses (including a blow out to New Mexico State).

When Auburn escapes a loss to Cal, he loves to take credit for calling the game winning TD. When Auburn is beating on the three worst teams in the SEC, he loves taking credit and being "more involved". But when you get bodied by New Mexico State and he delivers Auburn its worst loss in program history, its the players lack of effort and we have Hoke "leak" that Montgomery called plays instead.

Point blank, Freeze is the same coach today as he was at Briarcrest, at Ole Miss, and at Liberty. It isn't muddying the water to say that his personal flaws and coaching accument are intertwined and that neither were worth the risk.

His old habits have already cost us the most embarrassing loss in program history. Are you willing to wait for him to deliver the biggest scandal in program history?

Edited by JBiGGiE
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 5

4 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

It is the totality of who Freeze is as person. He is impulsive, inconsistent, self-aggrandizing, and a lying weasel.

He loves to compare his NCAA investigation to that of Jesus being crucified... until it hits the news and he's scrambling to coerce reporters into redacting it.

He loves to beat his chest on national TV about how much a winner he is everwhere he goes after beating a mediocre BYU and Arkansas just to follow up with a 3 consecutive losses (including a blow out to New Mexico State).

When Auburn escapes a loss to Cal, he loves to take credit for calling the game winning TD. When Auburn is beating on the three worst teams in the SEC, he loves taking credit and being "more involved". But when you get bodied by New Mexico State and he delivers Auburn its worst loss in program history, its the players lack of effort and we have Hoke "leak" that Montgomery called plays instead.

Point blank, Freeze is the same coach today as he was at Briarcrest, at Ole Miss, and at Liberty. It isn't muddying the water to say that his personal flaws and coaching accument are intertwined and that neither were worth the risk.

His old habits have already cost us the most embarrassing loss in program history. Are you willing to wait for him to deliver the biggest scandal in program history?

Interesting take; Zero relevancy to the loss and really reiterates my statement. 

QDN2Xb.gif 

• Like 7

Coaching is a tough gig and they are paid accordingly. Their successes and failures are then recorded for anyone in the world to see which leaves them open to scrutiny and ridicule when they fail. It may go with the territory but I’d be very curious to something in relation to the people on this board. First of all let’s publicize your fail rate at your job and personal transgressions for all to see and judge in the mind and on here. Then let’s see how you navigate that with your family members and coworkers who knew nothing about it. Then let’s see your redemption process and subsequent next steps in your life. After that, your back in full view of everyone who’s interested to be watched again and they’re just waiting for you to miss a sale, make a bad investment, lose a patient or not reach a student in your class. Then they can say “I told you so, see he’s a problem because that’s who he is”. How many of your would let the reality cameras into your place of work and expose your professional and personal life? We all have successes and failures but we’re not on public display to face the judgement. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Coaching is a tough gig and they are paid accordingly. Their successes and failures are then recorded for anyone in the world to see which leaves them open to scrutiny and ridicule when they fail. It may go with the territory but I’d be very curious to something in relation to the people on this board. First of all let’s publicize your fail rate at your job and personal transgressions for all to see and judge in the mind and on here. Then let’s see how you navigate that with your family members and coworkers who knew nothing about it. Then let’s see your redemption process and subsequent next steps in your life. After that, your back I’m full view of everyone who’s interested to be watched again and they’re just waiting for you to miss a sale, make a bad investment, lose a patient or not reach a student in your class. Then they can say “I told you so, see he’s a problem because that’s who he is”. How many of your would let the reality cameras into your place of work and expose your professional and personal life? We all have successes and failures but some but we’re not on public display to face the judgement. 

well said!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

Are you willing to wait for him to deliver the biggest scandal in program history?

I will wait until the end of time if I have to.

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

well said!

Thanks. I get that no one was happy last week and criticism of the game is fair but the personal attacks are ridiculous. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

Thanks. I get that no one was happy last week and criticism of the game is fair but the personal attacks are ridiculous. 

they have been saying freeze throws the team under the bus but when doing the dailies i do i have seen him say several times he needs to do a better coaching and it is on him. anger and hate often make folks say and do stuff they normally would not do.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

they have been saying freeze throws the team under the bus but when doing the dailies i do i have seen him say several times he needs to do a better coaching and it is on him. anger and hate often make folks say and do stuff they normally would not do.

To me, CHF is refreshingly candid. Calls it like he sees it but in my opinion has been fair and balanced in the critique of himself, his staff, and the players. Also balances praise and criticism. 

• Like 2

On 11/19/2023 at 7:08 AM, bigbird said:

If Golf hadn't hooked Abraham up with his friend Sarah... 

Still blaming Bo Nix.  Five seasons from now, I'll still blame him.  

Edited by EagleEye67

8 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

damn-it-oh.gif

I believe he's learned his lesson on scandals. His wife kept him through the first one. I would think he knows she won't again. Then again, some folks just can't help themselves sticking their fingers in the flames again.

I can't disagree with anything else you said. In fact, the moment his name surfaced, my first thought was he just dropped 3 in a row...at a place he was well established. It wasn't Year 1 or 2 for him. Troubling indeed.

All that said...he has Rane's $$$$$$$$ to now legally buy recruits. As long he has Yella in his wallet, I'm willing to give him as long as he needs, even through another rough season in 24 due to road schedule. The alternative is someone Yella may not support.

37 minutes ago, Viper said:

damn-it-oh.gif

I believe he's learned his lesson on scandals. His wife kept him through the first one. I would think he knows she won't again. Then again, some folks just can't help themselves sticking their fingers in the flames again.

I can't disagree with anything else you said. In fact, the moment his name surfaced, my first thought was he just dropped 3 in a row...at a place he was well established. It wasn't Year 1 or 2 for him. Troubling indeed.

All that said...he has Rane's $$$$$$$$ to now legally buy recruits. As long he has Yella in his wallet, I'm willing to give him as long as he needs, even through another rough season in 24 due to road schedule. The alternative is someone Yella may not support.

My tentative goal in 2024 should be one more reg season win. My rationale is that the big two are losses this year anyways, so best to have more games at home that are "swing." That said, it sucks that Missouri suddenly has a breakout season the moment they appear on our schedule. 

Edited by AUwent

On 11/19/2023 at 8:02 AM, bigbird said:

I hate the loss, the way we looked during it, and the jeers afterwards but the tired ass regurgitated complaints that certain individuals had upon his hiring have nothing to do with it.  This is just the first opportunity to dirty the water and wave their arms and say, "see! We were right!" when their complaints have nothing, or very little, to do with the game. Pathetic. 

Complain about the coaching decisions, the players' efforts or deficiencies, the penalties, the in-game decisions, these are relevant, valid, and plenty! Trying to bring up personal s*** he and his family have moved past doesn't. 

The philandering stuff is especially lame and irrelevant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

15 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

Are you willing to wait for him to deliver the biggest scandal in program history?

Do tell. What scandal would that be? Take your time..

2 hours ago, Mondo Cane said:

The philandering stuff is especially lame and irrelevant.

Agree and the best compliment you can have is a face palm by icanthearyou. 😂

Edited by gr82be
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Agree and the best compliment you can have is a face palm by icanthearyou. 😂

You always know when your aim is true

• Like 2

On 11/19/2023 at 6:51 AM, bigbird said:

Hilarious how many were just waiting to leap at the first misstep.  

Eh I don't think it's that funny and I wouldn't say its his first misstep. For most of the season the coaching and play calling has been lacking and to loose to NMS, to a team that had never beaten an SEC team is not the kind of history that we should be making. I think most are just frustrated like myself. Unless you have a crystal ball and know how this is going to turn out then it's all fair game until he actually starts turning things around. He seems to be recruiting and getting better players lined up but even then it remains to be seen how that will translate, fisher had good players and many other coaches and sometimes it doesnt work out.

Maybe it does and maybe it doesn't, I think most want it to work out and get us back to being competitive, but that loss was about as bad as it can get. I don't care what he did in the past, I'm looking forward and so far this season has been a bust as the past few have, until he starts winning games and looking like he can coach again, IMHO it's all fair game. He gets paid big boy money, time to earn it and show us on the field. I feel bad for the players since I honestly think they coaching/play calling has been lacking all season. We all knew this was going to be a rough season but he really hasn't given us much outside of recruiting to get excited about. I hope he turns it around but no one really knows if he will or not....and we have to wait yet again for next season to see...

I will also say this, as much as I was ready for them to let Gus go (he just wasn't able to evolve, recruit etc to continue to compete with the top tier teams), CHF still has a long way to go to even be considered as successful as Gus was... 

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

You guys have to let a guy have some time to try to do something.....this forum really trips me out.

I don't mind giving him some time but it would be nice to see some glimpse of things starting to click or actually coaching players up or really anything, this season for the most part has been a dumpster fire....but hey we really put a beat down on Arkansas, lol...at least we had that....:)

again, I hope he turns it around but another season like this one, not sure how much time you give him, Harsin only got 2, everyone wants 3 but at some point you have to show your making some progress, hopefully he will be able to do that next year.

Perhaps if Gus had recruited OL he & Bo would still be here.....Mr Potato Head ain't even going there don't mean to be "Hard " on him....lol Gus shat his own bed... Bo felt he had to be Super Man...running for his life

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bishoptf said:

I don't mind giving him some time but it would be nice to see some glimpse of things starting to click or actually coaching players up or really anything, this season for the most part has been a dumpster fire....but hey we really put a beat down on Arkansas, lol...at least we had that....:)

again, I hope he turns it around but another season like this one, not sure how much time you give him, Harsin only got 2, everyone wants 3 but at some point you have to show your making some progress, hopefully he will be able to do that next year.

Just going by what you type out, I would venture to say that you weren’t on board with the Freeze hire and probably despise the man.   Everything you write is negative or a backhanded compliment.    I can’t speak for everyone, but time after time , it’s post like yours and a few others that show the dislike of Freeze and what I perceive to be a desire for him to fail.    
Your comparison to Gus puts you in the category of the uninformed.    Gus was literally the luckiest coach to ever step foot on Jordan Hare.    If you step back and look at his seasons with an unbiased eye, you will see that he was the luckiest coach in Auburn history.   I’m not going to list everyone because I don’t have enough time. 

• Dislike 1

That’s some helluva luck. One natty as assistant. Was responsible for most recruits that he took to the championship game. Won the west a few times . No losing seasons. Granted he didnt evolve and his time was up but 8 seasons of luck lol. Again CHF is CHF and Gus is Gus.

*before the prayer in JH is mentioned that shouldn’t have been needed because the UGA Qb was clearly short of the end zone .

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, e808 said:

That’s some helluva luck. One natty as assistant. Was responsible for most recruits that he took to the championship game. Won the west a few times . No losing seasons. Granted he didnt evolve and his time was up but 8 seasons of luck lol. Again CHF is CHF and Gus is Gus.

*before the prayer in JH is mentioned that shouldn’t have been needed because the UGA Qb was clearly short of the end zone .

Just in the category of QBs Gus was lucky.  Gus would not have OC’d a once in a lifetime talent that was Cam Newton if not for an assistant coach recognizing that talent.  I was at the 2010 A day game and you could almost see the frustration Cam had during that practice.  He was not really untilized correctly for 2 or 3 games and the South Carolina game was when he started to emerge.

Gus recruited HS QBs during his stint here at Auburn and when he got back as HC in 2013 the first thing he did was go out and find a DB that fancied himself a QB just before fall practice.  There was so much natrual talent and leadership in Nick Marshall even Gus couldn’t screw it up.  Again, it wasn’t until the Texas A&M game Gus finally allowed Nick Marshal to shine.  I think it was a Washington State QB who said if the Auburn QB could throw Auburn would be 5th in the nation.  The Miss State game was won on pure luck that year.  2013 was truly a magical season (base on a lot of luck).

Gus truly screwed up in 2014.  Exactly one year after Marshall’s coming out party at A&M the team lays an egg playing them the following year.  The Georgia game was just embarrassing that year and ever since (save the 2017 game).

The next bright spot in Gus’ QB luck came when he plucked Stidham from Baylor to replace the QBs he recruited out of HS (let’s not forget JFIII he recruited just the year before from last chance U).  2019 was a solid year for Gus (except of course the game against Clemson and LSU).  By the end of the reglular season Auburn had improved to a solid team.

Gus being Gus Auburn could not keep any momentum for the next year.  Alas we would be looking for a new starting QB

The only reason and let me reiterate The only reason Bo Nix stepped foot on Auburn’s campus was his legacy.  It turns out the QBs that Gus had recruited from HS before Bo were either not developed or not evaluated correctly (and we all know which one is true).

Bo believed in Gus and gave all he had, but the sad state of the Auburn OL finally showed itself.  Gus evaluated Bo correctly but couldn’t develop a QB to save his job.  We witness what a coach can do to develop a QB by watching Oregon this season and last.

Yeah, Gus was lucky.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Just in the category of QBs Gus was lucky.  Gus would not have OC’d a once in a lifetime talent that was Cam Newton if not for an assistant coach recognizing that talent.  I was at the 2010 A day game and you could almost see the frustration Cam had during that practice.  He was not really untilized correctly for 2 or 3 games and the South Carolina game was when he started to emerge.

Gus recruited HS QBs during his stint here at Auburn and when he got back as HC in 2013 the first thing he did was go out and find a DB that fancied himself a QB just before fall practice.  There was so much natrual talent and leadership in Nick Marshall even Gus couldn’t screw it up.  Again, it wasn’t until the Texas A&M game Gus finally allowed Nick Marshal to shine.  I think it was a Washington State QB who said if the Auburn QB could throw Auburn would be 5th in the nation.  The Miss State game was won on pure luck that year.  2013 was truly a magical season (base on a lot of luck).

Gus truly screwed up in 2014.  Exactly one year after Marshall’s coming out party at A&M the team lays an egg playing them the following year.  The Georgia game was just embarrassing that year and ever since (save the 2017 game).

The next bright spot in Gus’ QB luck came when he plucked Stidham from Baylor to replace the QBs he recruited out of HS (let’s not forget JFIII he recruited just the year before from last chance U).  2019 was a solid year for Gus (except of course the game against Clemson and LSU).  By the end of the reglular season Auburn had improved to a solid team.

Gus being Gus Auburn could not keep any momentum for the next year.  Alas we would be looking for a new starting QB

The only reason and let me reiterate The only reason Bo Nix stepped foot on Auburn’s campus was his legacy.  It turns out the QBs that Gus had recruited from HS before Bo were either not developed or not evaluated correctly (and we all know which one is true).

Bo believed in Gus and gave all he had, but the sad state of the Auburn OL finally showed itself.  Gus evaluated Bo correctly but couldn’t develop a QB to save his job.  We witness what a coach can do to develop a QB by watching Oregon this season and last.

Yeah, Gus was lucky.

I think we may need to accept that Gus had us at about our ceiling as anyone could as long as Alabama and Georgia are what they are. And honestly, I just can't see them ever coming back down at this point if Lanning swoops in once Saban leaves.

• Like 1

The ole one championship as an assistant coach reward.   Oh, I bet there are provably 45 coaches from Saban’s staff that would love to put that on their resume when looking to get a head coaching gig.    
Also, love the explanation of the luckiest play in Auburn history with a “but for “.    Wish all games could work that way.    Here are just a couple;  What about the fumble by Bo Nix  that the refs got wrong that resulted in a loss for Arkansas?    What about the ball touching the fingertips of #8 against Ole Miss that went in Auburns favor on review by the refs?  Did you object to that call?  or because it was in favor of Auburn, you were ok with it.   How about recovering an onsides kick to beat Utah State with just a few seconds on the clock?