Iron Bowl score predictions

Win4AU

On 11/20/2023 at 3:35 PM, ScotsAU said:

Even in bad seasons, this game isn’t usually a blowout loss in Jordan Hare. In fact, the last blowout in our stadium was 12 years ago. The only other one was 22 years ago. So a blowout is a rarity.

So you’re saying there’s a blowout every decade. 

Some factoids regarding the IB…

When AU finishes their season with 9+ wins, they are undefeated against Saban. 8-0.

When AU finishes their season with less than 9 wins, they are winless against Saban. 0-13.

bammer hasn’t won four in a row over AU since 1981. They’ve had two chances to do it since and have failed. 1990-1992, 2014-2016. Both 1993 and 2017 were at JH.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Viper said:

So you’re saying there’s a blowout every decade. 

We’ve played the game in Auburn for 35 years. There have been 2 in that stretch. That’s one every 17. 5 years. Not one very decade. And come on. We know it doesn’t work like that. The point I’m making is that Bama traditionally struggles in JHS regardless of how good or bad we are.

I’m going 

Bama- 29

AU- 16

I think the score is just a mirage, as I don’t trust this O staff currently to come up with a game plan to do better than that. I can easily see three field goals since we do have a very good kicker. 

56 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

We’ve played the game in Auburn for 35 years. There have been 2 in that stretch. That’s one every 17. 5 years. Not one very decade. And come on. We know it doesn’t work like that. The point I’m making is that Bama traditionally struggles in JHS regardless of how good or bad we are.

I know AU history extremely well. It was devil’s advocate saying that one happened in 2001 and another in 2011, so it’s so spread out, it can’t happen again. Well yeah, it can very well happen again. This matchup has all the trappings of it. 

AU will be ready for this game and look 100 times better than the NMSU game. 

Close at the half, but Bama pulls away as the more talented team. 

AU - 20

Bama - 34

After hearing some player interviews and Hugh’s presser and after seeing how bammers are reacting, I’m starting to sell myself on a scenario. What if we do the same thing to Bama that NMSU did to us? Catch them sleepwalking toward the UGA game next week. Not saying it will happen. But that would be freakin hilarious. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

After hearing some player interviews and Hugh’s presser and after seeing how bammers are reacting, I’m starting to sell myself on a scenario. What if we do the same thing to Bama that NMSU did to us? Catch them sleepwalking toward the UGA game next week. Not saying it will happen. But that would be freakin hilarious. 

That’s the 11th dimensional chess Hugh is playing. Last week was planned. Soon all will be revealed. 🤫

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

That’s the 11th dimensional chess Hugh is playing. Last week was planned. Soon all will be revealed. 🤫

Not that I actually think this, but it wouldn’t be a bad move. Beat Bama this week, recruiting takes off and the fanbase will move on from last week. Giving Bama a false sense of security by throwing that game would either be absolutely insane or utterly brilliant. 

• Like 1

On 11/21/2023 at 12:09 PM, AU Is Gold said:

Auburn - 88

Alabama - 86

Last second three pointer by Holloway to win it. 

you are not the first to catch the wrong ball 😃😆

Hopefully we can pull this off saturday and get the win because if we lose, it will be 4 straight losses to Alabama and that hasn't happened since Bear Bryant beat Shug, Barfield and Dye for 9 straight years from 1973-1981. 

We've been ending streaks this year but in a bad way. WDE

Edited by TeamZero77

2 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Not that I actually think this, but it wouldn’t be a bad move. Beat Bama this week, recruiting takes off and the fanbase will move on from last week. Giving Bama a false sense of security by throwing that game would either be absolutely insane or utterly brilliant. 

Saban won't allow his team to overlook us. He will point to the Georgia and Ole Miss score in Jordan Hare this year. Saban knows he has to win and do it in style to pave a way for his team to get into the CFP. Plus, that Alabama offense has scored 34 versus Tennessee, 42 versus LSU, 49 versus Kentucky and 66 versus Chattanooga the past 4 games. I know people will say that LSU and Chattanooga have bad offenses but the point is, Alabama is peaking and seem to have their early season issues fixed. Of course, they've actually got a good coach that knows how to fix problems when he spots them.

9 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Hopefully we can pull this off saturday and get the win because if we lose, it will be 4 straight losses to Alabama and that hasn't happened since Bear Bryant beat Shug, Barfield and Dye for 9 straight years from 1973-1981. 

We've been ending streaks this year but in a bad way. WDE

image.gif.ed0e0b4fb6443a7322f0bb5c51a67051.gif

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Great movie!!!

Really good. Like most Ferrell movies, could have been phenomenal if not for too many compromises for base appeal. 
So, anyhoo. If we can’t be great, here’s to the bad news bears giving the crimson turd fits Saturday. Eventually, they will have their comeuppance.

Oh yes.  
They will have their comeuppance. 

Edited by AUx
  • Like 1