Iron Bowl score predictions

Win4AU

Bammers -34

Auburn-24

Bama scores late to put it away.  Typical “We kept it close to Bama with less talent in JHS”

2009,2015 kinda game.

Edited by Win4AU

With as bipolar as our HC's career has been as a huge favorite and as a huge underdog, I wouldn't be shocked if he has his team ready and they come out and beat Bama and I won't be shocked if he has them flat and they play uninspired ball for 60 minutes like they did saturday.

Nick Saban knows he has to win and win big for style points in hope's of getting into the CFP. So in this game I'll take the coach that isn't up and down like a yo-yo from week to week and say:

Alabama - 45

Auburn - 17

• Thanks 1

Should be something like Alabama 38 Auburn 10, but I still think it'll be a strong JHS atmosphere after that atrocity last week, and Auburn gets up for this game even in the most dystopian of times. 

So Alabama 38, Auburn 13 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It pains me to say this, but I think we will witness a merciless beat down and be out of this game by halftime.

Unfortunately, 55-13 sounds about right. Perhaps a few more garage points, but it ends badly nonetheless. 

• Like 4

I am torn. This team has shown that when things go well +  playing at home, they can hang with more talented teams and make a game very competitive. They have also shown that they can lay a steaming heap. 

Can they get/create some extra possessions through a turnover or two? I think that’s critical if they are gonna make a game out of it. I find it highly unlikely that we can go toe to toe with them otherwise. 

Of course, it’s also the IB at home. So that JH voodoo is possible as well. 

20 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I am torn. This team has shown that when things go well +  playing at home, they can hang with more talented teams and make a game very competitive. They have also shown that they can lay a steaming heap. 

Can they get/create some extra possessions through a turnover or two? I think that’s critical if they are gonna make a game out of it. I find it highly unlikely that we can go toe to toe with them otherwise. 

Of course, it’s also the IB at home. So that JH voodoo is possible as well. 

Lately, the JH Voodoo has been directed at us. Quick, sacrifice a funnel cake to appease the gods! 

This is a jimmies and joes game and they have many more jimmies and joes. Just watch the speed and execution for comparison.

Turds - 44

Tigers - 16

Edited by creed

Could be a 52-3 absolute curb stomping!  
Could be a 28-13 “it was a one score game until late” type game.  

We just don’t have the talent to compete.   Our game planning and preparation has been a joke more times than not this year.   We don’t have the right mindset among the players.   We’re looking at the kind of mess you would expect from the first year of a total rebuild!    I just hope the recruits have a great time and we get lots of wonderful news from that front in the next month.  

• Like 1

Prediction: weeping and gnashing of teeth, and a knock-down-drag-out post-game thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If we'd handled our business like we should have Saturday, I'd feel decent about our chances to pull off an upset.  As it is, I don't have any confidence that'll happen.  

I imagine we'll put up a fight for maybe a half or so out of anger for NMSU.  But I don't see it lasting.  Bama's offense will find its footing in the 3rd and they'll pull away.

Alabama 34-17

• Like 1

I’m not going to give a prediction because I can see this going three ways. Even in bad seasons, this game isn’t usually a blowout loss in Jordan Hare. In fact, the last blowout in our stadium was 12 years ago. The only other one was 22 years ago. So a blowout is a rarity.

That said, here’s my question. How do we respond from last game? I could see a scenario where the team  responds poorly and Bama hands is the first blowout in over a decade. Our players have not found great resiliency  since the Harsin curse. I could also see situation 2: Our defense plays lights out and keeps it close, and we lose it in the 4th by around 10. Option 3: If everyone responds like they want the taste of that one out of their mouth, we could come out swinging on both sides of the ball, which would probably catch Bama off guard since you know they’re aware of what happened to us last weekend. If that happens, I actually like our chances.

But that’s a big if. I have said several times this season (especially in the last 2 days) that I think we have a culture problem left over from Harsin that isn’t going to go away until some of the players do. Our players are going to have to find themselves quickly and have some focused practices this week for 3 to happen. So I’ll take the middle road and say the game will look closer to #2. A blowout could happen. But I still think that’s unlikely given what we’ve seen historically. This game is almost always close in JH. But I don’t know if these players are reilliant enough to bounce back perfectly like they’d need to in order to pull off the upset. 

Edited by ScotsAU

This weekend was Strategery.  Reverse psychology.  tigers win in an upset on a 51 yard field goal with 1 second on the clock. 

tigers 27

rednecks  24

Edited by tigerrules
  • Like 1
  • Love 1