Women at UCF

tigeraddikt

AU women playing true road game in Orlando vs UCF tonight. Down 58-53 at the 1:00 mark of the 4th quarter. Game has been filled with turnovers and sloppy play by AU. Savannah Scott and Scott-Grayson has been MIA tonight. Reffing has been atrocious, embarrassing for the women’s game. One very telling possession showed the AU PG with the ball and four other players just standing like stone statues. As well as they played at Rutgers, they played poorly vs Cal and again very unevenly tonight. The difference in the game was about 3 unanswered three pointers by UCF early in the 3rd quarter.

13 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

Wow the women’s game is so hard to watch sometimes. Such a relatively high rate of poor, sloppy play and unforced errors.

I have tried to be a fan of the women's game but sometimes (excuse the expression) they just look like a bunch of girls.  Too much "helter-skelter" Simply no comparison to the men's game.  Obviously, some to the top women's teams are fun to watch but AU is not anywhere near that category.  The fact that there is not a competing men's game (at AU anyway) in Gymnastics, Softball and Volleyball is a factor in the popularity of those sports.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, slot canyon said:

I have tried to be a fan of the women's game but sometimes (excuse the expression) they just look like a bunch of girls.  Too much "helter-skelter" Simply no comparison to the men's game.  Obviously, some to the top women's teams are fun to watch but AU is not anywhere near that category.  The fact that there is not a competing men's game (at AU anyway) in Gymnastics, Softball and Volleyball is a factor in the popularity of those sports.  

Yeah I feel that. Since the SECN/ESPN+ launched, most all of the women’s games have been available to watch on TV, so I’ve found myself tuning in to many of Coach Flo’s and Harris’s games. But more often than not, it’s just not a watchable product. Kinda like watching Little League when your eyes are used to the Majors. I enjoy the enthusiasm and expression in the women’s game, but that’s been the rare exception the last several years at AU.

17 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

Savannah Scott and Scott-Grayson has been MIA tonight. 

When I saw the box score this morning, I found it odd that our 2 leading scorers played a combined total of 24 minutes. I'm sure that played a part in the loss. 

1 hour ago, TD1 said:

When I saw the box score this morning, I found it odd that our 2 leading scorers played a combined total of 24 minutes. I'm sure that played a part in the loss. 

Scott got into foul trouble early in Q1 and I don't believe played any more in 1st half. Also in the first 15 minutes we had something like 9 or so trips down court without scoring a single point.  I tuned again briefly in the second half and thought the announcer said something about Scott-Grayson apparently going back through the tunnel?  Injury?  Maybe someone else can confirm.   

• Thanks 1