Bama Postgame

bishoptf

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I just don’t see how this roster keeps oscillating from being group of 5 level to leading against the two most dominant SEC programs. Am I the only one confused with the committed effort of some to automatically blame the roster every time we lose a game we should win?

Choke job

• Like 2

I dunno, I guess I will stop posting and watch the florida game but being an alum and having to watch Bama and Uga continue to build a program and for us to just continue with the crap programs is really frustrating. We have the facilities, we have NIL there really is no excuses but we seem to make them up over and over and over....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I just don’t see how this roster keeps oscillating from being group of 5 level to leading against the two most dominant SEC programs. Am I the only one confused with the committed effort of some to automatically blame the roster every time we lose a game we should win?

Exactly . Like I mentioned early . U can have a  team full of 5 stars but someone has to coach them. Not all of them will pan out

• Like 1

I must have missed something. I thought the last play was an interception and run back for a touchdown. But apparently not as the final score was 27 to 24. What am i missing here?

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Just rubbing salt in your wounds!! Lol

Your delusion doesn't 'wound' me. I just like pointing it out. If you're attempting to rub salt in my wounds from this game, you're just a trash Auburn fan.

28 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Go watch the post game press conference CHF said he liked the play call with the rushing 2 men...so say whatever you want about Roberts, HF thought it was the right call. CHF plays not to lose vs plays to win...seen that all year....

I would be fine with prevent, but they ran cover 9 lol. I don’t even understand the point of the spy in that situation - if you give up a 30 yard scramble to Milroe to lose the game, GG. But a play like that where he essentially has to throw, the advantage is in your favor to go spyless and just hope that you either force an underneath throw or eventually he has to scramble out and someone can disengage from their block and get a sack 

2 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

I dunno, I guess I will stop posting and watch the florida game but being an alum and having to watch Bama and Uga continue to build a program and for us to just continue with the crap programs is really frustrating. We have the facilities, we have NIL there really is no excuses but we seem to make them up over and over and over....

Same, friend. Same. Now I work at Auburn since graduating, and I’m super proud of it. I walk past JHS every other day and wonder how so much grandeur could be squandered on seasons like we’ve had for the past 5-6 years. Makes me sad and pisses me off simultaneously. 😂

• Like 1

Be mad. Be upset but be rational. Our team played lights out sans two bad plays at the end. Very few of us gave our team a very little chance to even compete and yet we led this game before the muffed punt, then 4th down.... I don't know what to say about that but all eyes should have been towards the QB. Moral victories don't account for anything but if you think this program is projecting downward then you don't know football. I hate we lost a game like this but I love the way we competed

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

Choke job

Championship plays by NFL players. The objective is to get those top offensive players like alabama and uga and then get the ball last. And when you are playing against conference usa talent it is a matter of time before they break. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Jimbo had talent to coach. Hugh does not. BIG difference.

That’s the point talent doesn’t equal wins . U still have to coach them. All these excuses about a disadvantage of talent. U can either Coach or ur can’t 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tbone4jc said:

Be mad. Be upset but be rational. Our team played lights out sans two bad plays at the end. Very few of us gave our team a very little chance to even compete and yet we led this game before the muffed punt, then 4th down.... I don't know what to say about that but all eyes should have been towards the QB. Moral victories don't account for anything but if you think this program is projecting downward then you don't know football. I hate we lost a game like this but I love the way we competed

Wonder if we said the same thing after the 4 overtime loss two years ago, but I do agree with you that we competed well today. I even said to myself earlier I didn’t think we could win this game. I’m proud of the fight for sure, but losing on a luck/fluke play when the game was literally ours is a hard pill to swallow. 

Edited by Auburn Tiger
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

What I saw was the routes made him switch to that player. I think the route was designed to rub him off and he was trying to catch up after that. Thats the way I saw it anyway.

He handed the receiver off to a player who wasn’t responsible for said receiver unless said receiver ran a post. . In zone coverage, the boundary DB has deep third to that boundary. That’s where the receiver ran. He effed up. End of story.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

They’re 6-6, brother. They didn’t acheive that phenomenal record by having too much talent. Trust me on this.

Not arguing that they did have a talented roster here by any means, but they did lose to a G5 team and blew two games against Alabama and Georgia that featured some nice leads at one point or another. I still don’t understand what switch was flipped in the TAMU game and LSU was the only one where it felt like you really weren’t in the ballpark 

Ill give them that it had to feature some really good coaching moments for many of those games to be competitive, but I think there were also some real lows 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Auburn Tiger said:

I’m of the mind that if we don’t put Robbie in at all we get the yards and points needed to win. All he did today was go backwards. 

The QB carousel is a curse that has lived on for over a decade now. It struck us again here and needs to end.

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Not arguing that they did have a talented roster here by any means, but they did lose to a G5 team and blew two games against Alabama and Georgia that featured some nice leads at one point or another. I still don’t understand what switch was flipped in the TAMU game and LSU was the only one where it felt like you really weren’t in the ballpark 

Ill give them that it had to feature some really good coaching moments for many of those games to be competitive, but I think there were also some real lows 

Freeze's history indicates major highs and lows. Add in a team full of guys who haven't played with another and his coaching characteristics are on steroids

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e808 said:

That’s the point talent doesn’t equal wins . U still have to coach them. All these excuses about a disadvantage of talent. U can either Coach or ur can’t 

A blind pig can find an acorn every now and then. I agree; talent AND coaching is better, for sure. But no talent AND coaching will usually get you what we saw tonight. Only when we get depth will it get better.

• Like 1

Let me add when some of you get sick, do you just focus on the ailment? That type of mental focus will increase your demise. There was some GREAT COACHING AND PLAYS in this game and some of you (the witch burners) are ignoring them. This is a crucial time in our history. We are going to pull top recruits because of this game. Let's get on board!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Wonder if we said the same thing after the 4 overtime loss two years ago. 

The difference could be argued that the recruiting is the difference in then and now, but you have a point. People will say what they need to hear and believe, but I've seen both good and bad indicators to the direction of the program. So TBD, IMO

Just now, Auburn93 said:

Let me add when some of you get sick, do you just focus on the ailment? That type of mental focus will increase your demise. There was some GREAT COACHING AND PLAYS in this game and some of you (the witch burners) are ignoring them. This is a crucial time in our history. We are going to pull top recruits because of this game. Let's get on board!

I’m all for it. Let’s see how it pans out on early signing day. 

2 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

The difference could be argued that the recruiting is the difference in then and now, but you have a point. People will say what they need to hear and believe, but I've seen both good and bad indicators to the direction of the program. So TBD, IMO

Well said. I think I’ve seen what you’ve seen—the good and bad.