Bama Postgame

bishoptf

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

Try making chicken salad with chicken s***. 

Surely u don’t believe that. If that’s the case Auburn wouldn’t have scored 24 points . The alleged talentless oline were opening some pretty good holes to be chicken S

7 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I didn't hate the defensive play call at the end either.  Blanket the end zone with 8 DBs playing zone and make Milroe make a 30 yard throw into a mesh of coverage.  He threw a prayer up to the corner when the guy wasn't even open.  He was just hoping maybe he'd win a jump ball and our guy didn't do his job.

It was basically a Hail Mary. We lost it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Maybe.  It helped that our guy turned his back on the QB.  One of the main points of zone defense is that you are facing the QB and both see the ball coming and see if the QB takes off to run.

What I saw was the routes made him switch to that player. I think the route was designed to rub him off and he was trying to catch up after that. Thats the way I saw it anyway.

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

What I saw was the routes made him switch to that player. I think the route was designed to rub him off and he was trying to catch up after that. Thats the way I saw it anyway.

At that point in the play, dudes are just running around trying to get to space.  There are no routes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I believe if we were to have been asked b4 the game that we played that well, we would have been pleased.  We had our chances in the end but in reality if the center had not miss-hyked the ball, they would have scored a td anyway.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

Great defense overall.  Horrendous decision not to force a run a the last play. 

💯

Our defense played great for 60 minutes and it's such a shame to see a coaching decision in that situation cost us this game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

At that point in the play, dudes are just running around trying to get to space.  There are no routes.

Maybe no routes perse’ but definitely a plan to rub the defender. Its why James switched.

1 hour ago, fishepa said:

That is the worst possible way to lose.  I am so frustrated beyond words.

I can think of worse ways. Getting blown out could have happened. I feel your pain though... First Iron Bowl in 30 years that both my wife and I were at together since we were in school back in'93 and I thought we would feel that magic again, but we did feel it. Hopefully the 80+ recruits at the game felt that same feeling and also got a taste of the classless a**holery that is/can be Bama.  As far as I'm concerned we won. 

P.S. Screw those refs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

Maybe no routes perse’ but definitely a plan to rub the defender. Its why James switched.

Of course they switched.  That's what you do in a zone defense.  No one is covering a man.  They're covering an area and handing off to the next guy as a guy moves out of their zone.

Just now, Hank2020 said:

I believe if we were to have been asked b4 the game that we played that well, we would have been pleased.  We had our chances in the end but in reality if the center had not miss-hyked the ball, they would have scored a td anyway.

Eh, JABA...over and over again, at some point we need to have someone fed up with this stuff. I know, I know, he doesnt have the players, wait till next year, *fill in whatever excuse you want to use*

Obviously CHF plays not to lose instead of playing to win, he has shown it in multiple games and most we have lost. I'd rather be agressive vs passive and I don't see him changing. But next year things will be so much better when we play on the road, lol...just wait till next year...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

This right here is heavy copium.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, e808 said:

Again there still have to be some coaching involved. Otherwise Jimbo would still be employed . 

Jimbo had talent to coach. Hugh does not. BIG difference.

• Thanks 1

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Of course they switched.  That's what you do in a zone defense.  No one is covering a man.  They're covering an area and handing off to the next guy as a guy moves out of their zone.

They switched in the left 8’ of the endzone. They were both in the area but the other bama wr ran in front of the guy covering the final recipient. It definitely looked like a rub play to me but I’m sure your correct. 

11 minutes ago, e808 said:

Surely u don’t believe that. If that’s the case Auburn wouldn’t have scored 24 points . The alleged talentless oline were opening some pretty good holes to be chicken S

They’re 6-6, brother. They didn’t acheive that phenomenal record by having too much talent. Trust me on this.

4 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Eh, JABA...over and over again, at some point we need to have someone fed up with this stuff. I know, I know, he doesnt have the players, wait till next year, *fill in whatever excuse you want to use*

Obviously CHF plays not to lose instead of playing to win, he has shown it in multiple games and most we have lost. I'd rather be agressive vs passive and I don't see him changing. But next year things will be so much better when we play on the road, lol...just wait till next year...

You know you aren’t going to find me on this side of this comment!! Lol

Is this how most of us are feeling tonight? I sure feel like Charlie Brown! 🤒

8te66gg7c.gif

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, e808 said:

I just don’t see how this roster keeps oscillating from being group of 5 level to leading against the two most dominant SEC programs. Am I the only one confused with the committed effort of some to automatically blame the roster every time we lose a game we should win?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1