Bama Postgame

bishoptf

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Our boosters are no different from any other SEC programs' boosters. Sick to death of this narrative.

You call it a narrative, The college football world calls it reality. AU is its own worst enemy. You know it and I know it. We disagree, but the performance of the last decade paints a very different story. 

• Facepalm 1

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

You call it a narrative, The college football world calls it reality. AU is its own worst enemy. You know it and I know it. We disagree, but the performance of the last decade paints a very different story. 

Im outta like so I’ll just respond lol. I agree. Been an Auburn fan since 1984. After coach Dye, our hires have been one debacle after another with some great one off seasons sprinkled in. When bama and uga have their coaches right, we get beat. Plain and simple. It has to be more than just bad luck.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Auburn needs to come to terms with our place in the SEC. We are not going to be a top 5 program in the SEC for the foreseeable future. Maybe in a given year, but to think we are going to consistently out recruit and outperform Bama, UGA, Texas, OU, LSU, or even TAMU...think again. Our battle is with Ole Miss, Miss St, UK,  and Arky to see who can win 8 games and go to the Taxslayer bowl. We are a tier 2 SEC school.

A school like bama expects to find ways to win in the face of the impossible. A school like Auburn expects to find a way to lose the game in the face of certain victory. I was on the phone with my father during the 4th and 31 play, and he told me exactly what would happen, and he nailed it. Every Auburn fan deep down feared that situation because we knew what was about to happen. Because we are Auburn. 

I can remember a time when Bama was in the abyss.  Couple different times actually

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Exactly, and I agreed with you totally. 

It may be a narrative, but it is reality. We definitely get in our own way and allow this to continue time and again. Our boosters are definitely different, otherwise we wouldn’t be having this conversation, again and again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I can remember a time when Bama was in the abyss.  Couple different times actually

But when they come out of it they really come out of it. Whereas, we have a great season and then usually immediately go back to irrelevance 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Headland Tiger said:

But when they come out of it they really come out of it. Whereas, we have a great season and then usually immediately go back to irrelevance 

True. Consistency is fleeting for AU

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Headland Tiger said:

Sad but true. I’ve been seeing all the “wait til next year, wait til we get our recruits, etc” for a decade.” “We just need a QB, we just need an OL, we just need faster LB’s”. And people still on here like “we’re headed in the right direction “ …folks, just like I have no idea that we’re not…you have no idea that we are. And last week and tonight’s heartbreak certainly don’t breed confidence. 

Yep. The future is not known and why we'll succeed or fail is not as absolute as some yell one way or the other. It has been asserted this team was devoid of talent and depth, yet it went toe to toe and in position to beat 2 premier, 5* teams. This in fact was probably not a write-off year, but that was a story line assumed by some to be necessary to keep heat of Freeze (similar to assertions made when Harsin was new and hope sprung eternal). Now, to the coaching staff's credit, apparently they did not completely abandon the team this year to recruit solely, because we saw 'some' player development and 'some' clever game planning. In another year, even without a top 5 recruiting class, the team (coaches and players alike) probably add a couple wins to a season. Mere stability works wonders. Maybe we get a top 5 recruiting class and they turn out like aTm and Jimbo and find a way to lose 4-5 games a year. The only thing absolute is we Auburn football fans will always be on a roller coaster, vs the superspeedway some programs enjoy. 

2 hours ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Come on... 

is it asking too much to have a smart coach? A guy who understands situations? A guy who knows who his punt returner is? A guy who doesn’t rotate QBs for over half the season? A guy who can actually “out coach” some of his peers? I don’t think that’s asking too much. Especially considering the amount of money he’s being paid. 
Everyone keeps talking about the talent gap, yeah I get that, but is a team full of 5 stars never gonna have to be coached? I can’t wait to see how many times he puts them in bad situations. 
Auburn wasn’t supposed to be in this game, but they were and it wasn’t because of great coaching calls. The game was laid out on a golden platter for the taking and we saw the coaching decisions that were made. Are those supposed to magically go away with a team full of 5 stars?

• Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Headland Tiger said:

Nailed it. AU is a lightning in a bottle school. Can’t beat a team away, decent every 4 years or so. Then trash the rest of the years. Rinse, dry, repeat. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Our 2013 debts are officially paid off. This has to be the last payment. IT HAS TO

We'll just go get a new payment on a car we can't afford, and probably a woman with expensive tastes who will just use us. Then we'll be right back on skid row.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Headland Tiger said:

Has to be more than 2013. Is Auburn built on an ancient burial ground or something?

Don't underestimate the fortune that went in to that 2013 season. 

2 once in a lifetime plays AND a team ahead of us losing to catapult us into the natty. Our 10 year deal is officially up. 

Let me have this one, HT 😂

Just now, Tiger said:

Don't underestimate the fortune that went in to that 2013 season. 

2 once in a lifetime plays AND a team ahead of us losing to catapult us into the natty. Our 10 year deal is officially up. 

Let me have this one, HT 😂

😂 Good points my friend. Yes this pays off the debt. Is that better?? 😂

Just now, Headland Tiger said:

😂 Good points my friend. Yes this pays off the debt. Is that better?? 😂

It's the only way I can hold on to hope at this point 😂😐😖😭😭😭

Just now, Tiger said:

It's the only way I can hold on to hope at this point 😂😐😖😭😭😭

Brother I feel ya. 40 years of this takes a toll. I sometimes wonder how much longer my life would be if I wasn’t an Auburn fan 😂

Just now, Headland Tiger said:

Brother I feel ya. 40 years of this takes a toll. I sometimes wonder how much longer my life would be if I wasn’t an Auburn fan 😂

Cigarettes are healthier than being an AU fan. Waiting on the surgeon general to issue a warning prior to our games

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Cigarettes are healthier than being an AU fan. Waiting on the surgeon general to issue a warning prior to our games

😂😂😂

bourbon worked good for awhile and now I just let the numbness rule and be done with it

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, theweegler said:

is it asking too much to have a smart coach? A guy who understands situations? A guy who knows who his punt returner is? A guy who doesn’t rotate QBs for over half the season? A guy who can actually “out coach” some of his peers? I don’t think that’s asking too much. Especially considering the amount of money he’s being paid. 
Everyone keeps talking about the talent gap, yeah I get that, but is a team full of 5 stars never gonna have to be coached? I can’t wait to see how many times he puts them in bad situations. 
Auburn wasn’t supposed to be in this game, but they were and it wasn’t because of great coaching calls. The game was laid out on a golden platter for the taking and we saw the coaching decisions that were made. Are those supposed to magically go away with a team full of 5 stars?

We don't hire smart coaches. We hire coaches who will fluff our donors and shill out a prosperity gospel because it makes people feel good.

28 minutes ago, theweegler said:

All valid arguments 

But you said that you aren’t an Auburn fan anymore... just trying to pull you back from the ledge.. that’s all