Nebraska Football Talk

AUwent

Not about us but super interesting...could this be the spark that finally brings the Corn People back to relevancy? You'd think Warren Buffett would give them a big advantage in the NIL era.

https://247sports.com/article/nebraska-dylan-raiola-crystal-ball-wiltfong-rhule-222890095/

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AUwent said:

Not about us but super interesting...could this be the spark that finally brings the Corn People back to relevancy? You'd think Warren Buffett would give them a big advantage in the NIL era.

https://247sports.com/article/nebraska-dylan-raiola-crystal-ball-wiltfong-rhule-222890095/

wow, that would be a dent in Kirby's invincibility cloak to lose a top QB target to Nebraska. And get the SEC to spend even more. smh

Hoping for some good news from Echols, McCray or the other Florida DL soon....although waiting until NSD probably makes more sense for most at this point of the year.

Edited by HAPvsOA

18 hours ago, AUwent said:

Hopefully so, the sports is better when Nebraska is good. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rophle said:

Hopefully so, the sports is better when Nebraska is good. 

Said the 10 Nebraska football fans that are on the internet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I’m just amazed they were able to be a powerhouse at all.

Moving to the B1G was worst thing they could’ve done from a competitive stand point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gman87 said:

Said the 10 Nebraska football fans that are on the internet.

Then you don't know Nebraska fans

396 consecutive games sold out streak started in 1962 over 50 years at 90,000 capacity. Nebraska is planning a $450 million renovation of the Cornhuskers’ football stadium

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I’m just amazed they were able to be a powerhouse at all.

I lived in NE. need to know there history with Bob Devaney and Tom Osborne. Auburn has played them a few time going back to the Orange bowl in the 60's

• Like 1

Just now, augolf1716 said:

I lived in NE. need to know there history with Bob Devaney and Tom Osborne. Auburn has played them a few time going back to the Orange bowl in the 60's

I live in Omaha for 4 years. That program was as blue blood as it gets until the past 20 years. I’m hoping they work their way back and believe they can. I was at JHS in ‘82 when they came in and bullied us into submission 41-7. Tossed us around like rag dolls. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I live in Omaha for 4 years. That program was as blue blood as it gets until the past 20 years. I’m hoping they work their way back and believe they can. I was at JHS in ‘82 when they came in and bullied us into submission 41-7. Tossed us around like rag dolls. 

I lived in Bellevue for 2 cold years. Yeah I remember getting beat in the Orange bowl and that 41-7 thrashing...........we did play them fairly well when we went to NE think we lost like 16-6 or something their crowd gave us a standing ovation for the game we played them. Great fans they deserve to get back to some relevant play.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, AUwent said:

@AUwent Since it's not AU related please post it in the Rivals Forum next time please as this thread has now been created & placed.

• Like 1