The great “What if?”

NCAubs

I’m more upset that Traore and Westry didn’t stay. Think about Westry getting Chris Moore’s minutes, and Traore getting Chaney Johnson’s minutes after a full offseason with Bruce Pearl. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

I’m more upset that Traore and Westry didn’t stay. Think about Westry getting Chris Moore’s minutes, and Traore getting Chaney Johnson’s minutes after a full offseason with Bruce Pearl. 

Chance has been injured and hasn’t played for Syracuse. Traore seems to be doing okay.   

On 1/11/2024 at 9:08 AM, Mikey said:

While we don't miss Flan, Ole Miss looks like a very good team.

I agree with this.  They are disciplined and obviously well coached.

24 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I agree with this.  They are disciplined and obviously well coached.

I’m worried about this matchup. Moore has been regressing and I feel like Al is going to get CBM in foul trouble because of the new rules on blocks and charges. This is just going to be a really annoying matchup. If CBM gets the job done it’ll be a massive win for him and us. Should be a great game next Saturday I’m so excited to see that one in person. 

Edited by OfficiatingExpert
  • Like 1

I have a feeling that the Flanagans won't be receiving a very warm welcome from our fans when they return. And the players, while they may not say it openly, will be saying, "they quit on us". Throw in the fact that our students will be taunting their wife beating coach unmercifully , an I fully expect the game to be very chippy.

• 4 weeks later...

The wing/forward depth on that 2019-20 team will have you playing the what if game too. Cambridge, Okoro, young Flanigan, Doughty (who had to wear every hat that year), Mclemore, Purifoy, young Jaylin Williams and Javon Franklin, who was a pretty well built energy guy. Even Myles Parker was a walk on that would've started at multiple D1 programs in the region. We said it at the time, but if they hit on one other PG-like dude in that cycle (Tyrell Jones got every chance and was... and Jamal Johnson could only shoot), that team would've been disgusting. 

Really makes you appreciate the move to get a Tre Donaldson, and keep him in the fold during this past offseason. That's the secondary point guard (now primary) that prevented quite a few almost  title contending teams from reaching their ceiling (I don't think there's any way that Auburn team makes a real tourney run with how bad the facilitating would get at times). 

• Like 1