Men vs Alabama Game Thread

That was bad from about every metric. Can’t hit anything and aren’t playing our game on offense. This team needs this test on the road. They will have to figure out how to beat good teams away from Auburn.

• Like 2

Lazy play and poor decisions. AU is making it easy. They better wake up or an ass whipping is coming. 

• Like 1

Still wondering why Bruce refuses to sign anyone that can shoot the basketball

1 minute ago, WillMunny said:

Down 14, getting badly outplayed.

They get easy open 3-pointers and hit them.  We struggle for open shots and miss them.

We have been leaving open threes all seaso, folks just been missing most until tonight. Should have saw it coming.

Bruce doesn’t adjust lineups for big games. Lior is going to get his 2 minutes in the second half. Chaney Johnson will get his six minutes. Chris Moore is going to get his 5 minutes in the second half. Shorten the rotation. Aden Holloway isn’t playing well enough either. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Not able to watch the game, but probably a good thing I'm not lol

It isn’t good

If I'm Bruce I'm telling them to get the ball into Broome and stop settling for 3's. Take the ball to the basket and get to the foul line. Slow the game down. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

We deserve to be down by 14. Shooting 3's without going into any offense. Not chasing bama off the three.  Missing inside shots. Plus turning ball over.

We are being outplayed pure and simple.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tigers23 said:

He thought he did. 

Winning on the road in college basketball is the hardest thing to do in any sport. There's stats to back it up. Look how we never lose at home but struggle away from Auburn. Bama was blown out at Tennessee. Kentucky lost at South Carolina. Tennessee lost at Mississippi State. It happens.

• Like 1

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Not able to watch the game, but probably a good thing I'm not lol

I chose not to for this very reason.  Time better spent so far. 

• Love 1

Wild take, but ok... 🙄

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I stepped away, can someone tell me what Sears did to get the T?

Threw the ball at CBM's feet, trying to trip him, a schoolyard dirty play

Credit where credit is due. They are just outplaying us and their 3pt shooting is ridiculous tonight. Hopefully we can make it competitive in the 2nd half. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

So nice to lose all of the season hype by getting run out of the hangar.  🥴

Could see this coming, it was a perfect scenario for uat. They have better players

• Facepalm 1

Whoever had the defensive game plan for this game missed it - our guys look like they are overthinking on D

im thinking we need to simplify whatever it is we are trying 

Just now, GTNupe11 said:

If I'm Bruce I'm telling them to get the ball into Broome and stop settling for 3's. Take the ball to the basket and get to the foul line. Slow the game down. 

Assuming the fouls get called of course. 

The good start was was due to them running the offense and controlling the tempo. Idk who idea it was to start running and gunning with these guys. 

5 minutes ago, Pedaler said:

That was bad from about every metric. Can’t hit anything and aren’t playing our game on offense. This team needs this test on the road. They will have to figure out how to beat good teams away from Auburn.

I too have started rationalizing upsides. ;)

Edited by homersapien

He did. Holloway/Jones is supposed to be money. They’re just all missing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pedaler said:

A tale as old as time. 

I am watching with my Bama graduate wife, who doesn't like me getting upset during games...so much fun for me...

I know the rivalry aspect makes this all "oh no the sky is falling...so much for the hype...blah blah!!"  But this is what every college basketball team goes through.  Top 10 teams on the road this year have been floundering.  Yes, it sucks because it's against Alabama, but this is this team's SEC version of the App State game. 

Game's not out of reach, but result doesn't so much matter now as much as how they close.  Adversity is a good thing.  Hopefully the Saran Wrap that was on Auburn's goal that half stays on that side of the court.

• Like 3