Men vs Alabama Game Thread

4 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

I didn't share any stars, just quoted him in the post. I just thought we had Final Four potential, and I don't feel so good about that after tonight. 

This message isn't exactly just for you but I feel like a lot of people who don't really follow basketball always have these silly takes. Literally no team wins every game and we played one of our worst games statistically so far and had a chance to still win it. We'll be fine but they'll need to play better. How far they go this season will be based on their coach putting them in the best situations to win. We have the squad to go far but they'll have to get over some humps along the way.

Edited by GTNupe11
  • Like 3

Just now, arktiger1975 said:

You're right, makes it even worse.

I’m still not down on this team but they have to sort some things out and I’m desperate for some postseason success. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

I didn't share any stats, just quoted him in the post. I just thought we had Final Four potential, and I don't feel so good about that after tonight. 

Devils advocate. I think we showed that the ceiling was pretty high tonight. But the floor might be lower than expected. It is hard to win on the road in college basketball. We came back from 14 down at the half, pulled ahead once, tied it up twice, and nearly won. The start was bad. But, aside from the missed free throw, we put together a really solid second half with the weight of being down 14 on our backs. That first half was bad bad. If we play line that, it could be a rough year. But if we play like we did in that second half, I see us potentially making a run in the tourney. 

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 1

Just now, arktiger1975 said:

I just hope we don't get another Round of 32/ Sweet 16 season type disappointment like the last couple of years 

Depending on seeding just making it to the sweet 16 can be a gauntlet. Final fours are very very hard to make, and a lot of people weren't happy with that team during the season. We started off 2-4 in SEC play that year. Peaking at the right time and turning it on when it matters is key. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TigerPAC said:

Then quit shooting the 3s ALL the time and run better 2pt plays.  

Yes!! It seems like the more they miss, the more they want to keep shooting it 

CHILL EVERYONE!!! We lost tonight but have a GREAT TEAM !!! I’m pissed we lost, but this will make us a better team. We have a final 4 team to be proud of !!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GTNupe11 said:

This message isn't exactly just for you but I feel like a lot of people who don't really follow basketball always have these silly takes. Literally no team wins every game and we played one of our worst games statistically so far and had a chance to still win it. We'll be fine but they'll need to play better. How far they go this season will be based on their coach putting them in the best situations to win. We have the squad to go far but they'll have to get over some humps along the way.

Oh I follow basketball all right. In fact, I only have a modest interest in football. It just burns me up losing to them, feels like 3 or 4 losses. Especially losing to Nate Oats. I just can't stand him not only as a coach, but as a person. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I feel like the most important stretch was when we were making a run, and Sears answered with 7 points matching us. If Sears didn't do that I think our momentum becomes too much and we win this game. 

You mean when Sears was inexplicably matched up against Broome each possession?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KTATLEagles said:

CHILL EVERYONE!!! We lost tonight but have a GREAT TEAM !!! I’m pissed we lost, but this will make us a better team. We have a final 4 team to be proud of !!!

It's just WHO we lost to that has everyone worked up.

• Like 1

Just now, KTATLEagles said:

We haven’t won an SEC Tournament game since 2019. We haven’t made a Sweet Sixteen since 2019. People are hungry for some more success outside of January. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, OfficiatingExpert said:

We haven’t won an SEC Tournament game since 2019. We haven’t made a Sweet Sixteen since 2019. People are hungry for some more success outside of January. 

Exactly!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GTNupe11 said:

That’s horse crap. They lost to bama. All NIL money should cease. Bruce should be fired. And I’m going to shave my head and quite possibly stop eating meat. 
Why should we even go on?

How dare you speak of growing and possibly competing at a high level.

We are doomed…

<We’ll be fine. This is a great learning game. It just stings because it’s the turds>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sky is falling. 

It’s over. Is it baseball season yet? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This is why people were pointing out issues even in the blow outs. Those same issues cost Auburn the game. Such as rushing the offense and not taking ur time. Lazy passes and missing free throws. I still say Broome shouldn’t have the green light for threes

Yes, everyone just step away from the ledge, Lol. I hate losing more than the next person but we probably have a few more losses in us before March. As long as we are competitive in them. I remember we got blown out by like 30 to Kentucky then won every game until the Final Four in 2019. We'll be straight. This is a game to grow from. I'd rather it happen now than later...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KTATLEagles said:

It’s just because of who we lost to and how we lost. It’s bammer, and we came close to pulling it out only to not quite make it. Nobody is ever going to be okay about losing to bammer, even if it doesn’t actually mean much. And sometimes a really close loss hurts more than a blowout loss because there’s a feeling that we could’ve actually won it.

Basketball road games are hard to win. We’ll obviously be fine. But right now, people are annoyed. Don’t read too much into it. Nobody with a brain actually thinks the sky is falling. 

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

UK hasn't made it to the sweet 16 or further since 2019, duke has made the sweet 16 or further in 2019 and 2022 . Kansas has also done it once in that time frame in 2022 (given they did win the national title that year but their last appearance was 2018). But making it that far is not easy. I get it, we all want to get over the hump, but at the same time it's just different in basketball.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Wow...Dirty ass player. No wonder Broome was pissed off. Dude stomped on his hand. They need to turn that video into the league. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GTNupe11 said:

Wow...Dirty ass player. No wonder Broome was pissed off. Dude stomped on his hand. They need to turn that video into the league. 

I didn’t know why he was so pissed either until I saw this. 

Depending on how the state game goes, Auburn will ranked 15-18 next week which is probably right.

• Haha 1

From a neutral friend tuning in “You guys play 11? That’s hilarious!!”

Even with the rotations, we’re fine. No one wins those on the road.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1