Men vs Alabama Game Thread

Just now, cole256 said:

I feel like the most important stretch was when we were making a run, and Sears answered with 7 points matching us. If Sears didn't do that I think our momentum becomes too much and we win this game. 

Completely agree. If we had guards that were making clutch shots or pass down the stretch we could have spared a few., but it was obvious they were leaning on Sears to make things happen. A few missed rebounds hurt when he missed too. 

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I feel like the most important stretch was when we were making a run, and Sears answered with 7 points matching us. If Sears didn't do that I think our momentum becomes too much and we win this game. 

Was that when Berman was on him?

Had J Will sat in the passenger seat of the car with Broome Auburn probably wins instead of him sitting in the backseat smh

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 1auburn1 said:

Broome kept getting isolated on sears.  Outschemed on that.  

He held up on a few possessions but no one blocked out or stopped the follow up.. Would also like to see Pearl call timeout to get the team together on what to do

Edited by Randman5000

We shouldn't still be wondering why Bruce doesn't call a TO or take out key players in key moments. At some point someone has to call him out on this s***. No reason why Lior was playing in the second half during a critical comeback. No reason why Broome sat on the bench from minute 13 to minute 6. No reason why he took Tre out the game with 3 minutes left and put in Aden when Tre was the reason, along with Broome, for us even getting back into the game. If anything, the boys almost bailed Bruce out but he definitely failed them tonight. 

• Like 2

Just now, Randman5000 said:

He held up on a few possessions but no one blocked out or stopped the follow up

Yep.   No block outs to compensate. 

1 minute ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Yes. Made zero sense for him to be out there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, arktiger1975 said:

I'm starting to think I may have been wrong about the ceiling of this team after tonight.

Do tell...What is our ceiling based on that tidbit of stats you just shared?

Just now, AuburnNTexas said:

Just now, GTNupe11 said:

Yes. Made zero sense for him to be out there.

Absolutely shouldn’t be playing in close games late. That stretch killed our momentum

I am still stuck on that terrible lob by Denver. This is the second game in a row he was done that

• Haha 2

Just now, arktiger1975 said:

I'm starting to think I may have been wrong about the ceiling of this team after tonight.

Sadly, our win streak was based on surprisingly subpar comp.   Our first chance to man up tonight was a fail.  UT, UK, USCe and Bama again await

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, arktiger1975 said:

They have a ceiling but they can't have slumps like this in big games. They have to be able to seize momentum when it matters. Wasn't able to watch sadly but sounds like we also had plenty of dumb decisions in key moments.  Hoping it is a learning lesson

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I think so

4 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Do tell...What is our ceiling based on that tidbit of stats you just shared?

I didn't share any stats, just quoted him in the post. I just thought we had Final Four potential, and I don't feel so good about that after tonight. 

Edited by arktiger1975

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

They have a ceiling but they can't have slumps like this in big games. They have to be able to seize momentum when it matters. Wasn't able to watch sadly but sounds like we also had plenty of dumb decisions in key moments.  Hoping it is a learning lesson

I just hope we don't get another Round of 32/ Sweet 16 season type disappointment like the last couple of years 

5 minutes ago, e808 said:

Had J Will sat in the passenger seat of the car with Broome Auburn probably wins instead of him sitting in the backseat smh

Well he was on the bench for half of the final six minutes so…and Tre Donaldson was on the bench for the entire final 6 minutes.

We should have played them like teams played us the last couple of years.... Doubled Sears quick make him give up the ball and then make them have to score and be Smart without him. I don't know we didn't double him more

• Like 2

On some of the podcasts they were saying this team is deeper and better than the final four team. I believe the final four team was more athletic and had better shooters. This team still could prove me wrong 

• Like 1

Just now, arktiger1975 said:

I just hope we don't get another Round of 32/ Sweet 16 season type disappointment like the last couple of years 

We haven’t made the sweet 16 since Jared Harper