Debt Ceilings

IMG_3195.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

IMG_3195.jpeg

If this were my family, I would look for ways to increase income first as top priority, while also reviewing our spend and break it down into categories: necessities, discretionary, and excess. I would first look to my remove excess spend. With that low income, it would be extremely hard just to break even if you only spent on the necessities (food, water, housing, electric). You could even argue that phone/internet, but that's a different topic.

It's also ironic that the ones complaining about the budget deficit are the ones that are also pushing for tax cuts, lowering our income, and making it harder to pay off said debt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arein0 said:

If this were my family, I would look for ways to increase income first as top priority, while also reviewing our spend and break it down into categories: necessities, discretionary, and excess. I would first look to my remove excess spend. With that low income, it would be extremely hard just to break even if you only spent on the necessities (food, water, housing, electric). You could even argue that phone/internet, but that's a different topic.

It's also ironic that the ones complaining about the budget deficit are the ones that are also pushing for tax cuts, lowering our income, and making it harder to pay off said debt.

Would you increase revenue by taking money from your friends and family to fund your spending habits? 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Would you increase revenue by taking money from your friends and family to fund your spending habits? 

Relating this back to the comparison, no I would not ask for money from my allies for the situation I'm in.

Calling all Republicans, Democrats and Independents. This is our financial responsiblity, and our government has been running up a debt for each of us and future generations to pay. Make sure your congressman knows your concerns about this and tell them to fix the issue. We will need to be patient and understanding, because it will take time to remedy and the solution may not be exactly what we think is applicable.

In the meantime we give multi-billions in benefits to noncitizens who might give 8-15% back in some form of tax. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, autigeremt said:

In the meantime we give multi-billions in benefits to noncitizens who might give 8-15% back in some form of tax. 

1. "multi-billions"? How about supporting those claims? 

2. "Non-citizens" with green cards contribute to our GNP just like any other productive workers. It's not just what they pay in taxes.

for the record trump and biden have run up our debt. i take issue with trump because he gave huge tax cuts to those that do not need it and we cannot afford it.

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

1. "multi-billions"? How about supporting those claims? 

2. "Non-citizens" with green cards contribute to our GNP just like any other productive workers. It's not just what they pay in taxes.

Common sense, Homer. 😱

Not talking about green card holders….but you knew that! 

Edited by autigeremt

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

for the record trump and biden have run up our debt. i take issue with trump because he gave huge tax cuts to those that do not need it and we cannot afford it.

They perpetuated the momentum created by the duopoly. 

18 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Common sense, Homer. 😱

Not talking about green card holders….but you knew that! 

Didn't think you could.  Your posts seem to be invariably based on emotion instead of evidence and reason.  And leaving out key facts is par for the course.