Men vs UK Game Thread

They are about to take away that basket.  That means that if we score here, we should get the ball back again afterwards.  Otherwise it makes no sense at all.  This is crazy!

Just now, WillMunny said:

We are playing like we are on the road.

All Bruce has to do is tell the team that we are at home.

We’re playing like we’ve been watching the hype for the last 3 days, and bought into it.

• Like 1

Hope to be proven wrong, but I've gone out of "The young point guard is in a slump" into "Yikes, this looks like a complete bust of a signing" territory

• Like 2

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Well looks like it the goaltend would be taken away. It'll be 19-9 uk. I hate that rule for the sole fact that the block was going out of bounds and auburn would've had another chance to score.

How can they take it away?  Ball went out on UK but they got the ball. If it is reversed, we would have gotten the ball and everything afterwards never would have happened as it happened. Points should stay. 

Just now, nthemix said:

will reiterate for the eleventy billionth time … we can’t shoot … we need at least one & preferably two knock down guys … would make a world of difference 

we thought we had them...........

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe if Auburn takes less than 20 threes the results are normally pretty good. I believe they are over half way to that mark

Just now, jw 4 au said:

How can they take it away?  Ball went out on UK but they got the ball. If it is reversed, we would have gotten the ball and everything afterwards never would have happened as it happened. Points should stay. 

Well they took them away 

Geeze, how was that NOT flagrant?  And how can you reverse a call after it was beyond the play???  That is BS. You should take the rest of their points then. 

• Like 1

I just had this terrible bad feeling about this game since the South Carolina game ended. Wish that game was Tuesday instead of Wednesday like kentucky was to give us more time to have a come down and lock back in. That combined  with the media trying to jinx the hell out of us about our home court advantage the past few days was a recipe for disaster. Then some AU fans I know who are terrible jinxes and only seem to be at AU losses and here we are. Even eve we have beat Kentucky under Bruce at home we never have had that classic wire to wire comfortable beat down game. They aren’t the kind of team that is fazed by this environment. 

Just now, TigerOne said:

Turnovers =12 points for Kentucky 

exactly what we can’t do

Even with that if Auburn makes shots they are ahead

We better not lose by 1 or 2 points. We will have been screwed again.  I think we will be fine and turn it around, but damn.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Well they took them away 

But how, that makes zero sense given the fact they also gave UK the ball. Once it was thrown in different than the correct possession then it isn’t fair to modify the game like that.  

KY's game plan is to deny the low post scores and hope we can't shoot outside. 

It's mostly working.