Men vs UK Game Thread

So they’re known for playing better on the road? 

tough game to judge for me. They have a Good O, bad D. Could see this going bad for us if we don’t have basketballs falling. 

I’m not really a basketball guy though, what do our bball guys think about this one? 

I'm not feeling it.

After the way UF manhandled us last weekend.

I think we're screwed and can never make it to the top of the SEC this year.

bama has a way easier path.

Worked Wednesday.

• Haha 6
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

So they’re known for playing better on the road? 

tough game to judge for me. They have a Good O, bad D. Could see this going bad for us if we don’t have basketballs falling. 

I’m not really a basketball guy though, what do our bball guys think about this one? 

I’m worried because they have 3 guys I believe who shoot at least 40% or better from 3. Very very tough matchup. And at the end of the day even though up until now they haven’t played up to their potential they still have more talent than us and could always go off and have a hot shooting night vs us. 

This is a bad matchup because they are a great offensive team. That is the best defense vs AU. South Carolina was a good matchup for us because they do not scare you on offense and you can out talent them. Kentucky has some big bodies to throw at us. I believe it is 3 seven footers. Even though by the numbers they aren’t good defensively they do have the requisite rim protection to bother Broome and J will at the rim like Florida did. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now this is total a NEGA barner thing to say buuuut I Don’t like how it’s been beaten to death over and over since Wednesday about how great we are at home and how much of a amazing home court advantage we have. Just feels like a jinx. Besides at South Carolina when it got away from them Kentucky hasn’t been bad on the road. Lost in OT to tamu. Beat Florida in OT. And beat vandy and Arkansas. 

Edited by GwillMac6

As usual Kentucky has mucho talent. But , this year they have yet to reach a level of play unto that of Tn/Au. Their defense has been inconsistent all year and is their weakness. 
They are a matchup problem because of size, but their youth and inexperience has led to lack of composure at times ,and because of that double digit losses. 

Can you expect AU to follow up the S Car game and shoot 60+%, over 60% 3 point, bout 90% FT ??  Highly unlikely. But AU shoots well at home usually. 
The crowd will be more crazy than it was for S Carolina. This is a have to win.  Game day is there, it is KY!

So I don’t see any letdown.  And Kentucky does not scare us anymore.  We respect them but Bruce changed it ALL

Give me AU, with the continued double digit victory they have established this year. 

AU 94 Ky 78

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, AUGoo said:

I'm not feeling it.

After the way UF manhandled us last weekend.

I think we're screwed and can never make it to the top of the SEC this year.

bama has a way easier path.

Worked Wednesday.

i love how you think! plus i love your dog..............

• Love 1

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Now this is total a NEGA barner thing to say buuuut I Don’t like how it’s been beaten to death over and over since Wednesday about how great we are at home and how much of a amazing home court advantage we have. Just feels like a jinx. Besides at South Carolina when it got away from them Kentucky hasn’t been bad on the road. Lost in OT to tamu. Beat Florida in OT. And beat vandy and Arkansas. 

This is no way for the AUFam’s resident KD to look at today’s game!!!!! Gonna have to go the other way on this.

IMG_1047.gif

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I’m worried because they have 3 guys I believe who shoot at least 40% or better from 3. Very very tough matchup. And at the end of the day even though up until now they haven’t played up to their potential they still have more talent than us and could always go off and have a hot shooting night vs us. 

This is a bad matchup because they are a great offensive team. That is the best defense vs AU. South Carolina was a good matchup for us because they do not scare you on offense and you can out talent them. Kentucky has some big bodies to throw at us. I believe it is 3 seven footers. Even though by the numbers they aren’t good defensively they do have the requisite rim protection to bother Broome and J will at the rim like Florida did. 

Agreed with another post that their weakness is defense.  Their strength is the 3 ball.  The main reason they haven't won more is the coaches not utilizing who they have in the right ways imo. Most teams may start hot at 3, but won't continue it. Maybe that has to do with 2nd half defense.   This Kentucky team is full of snipers that won't fall off in 2nd half.  2 keys:  Reed Sheppard is the catalyst for their team and that's even from coming off the bench.  He should be starting.  I hope Cal doesn't figure that out today.  Also they've been in some environments like you mentioned.  They will not let it get too big for them and they are looking at us to Jumpstart a tourney run.  They lose to us and they start becoming a bubble team. 

That said we win by 12+ IMO because I think our 2nd half defense, along with the fact Kentucky can't play defense, and our front court forcing the D to guard the perimeter allows us to pull away. I also like having Broome to handle the 7+footer Z. Our offensive key is Jaylin Williams.  He's been solid at home but we need him to be the consistent scorer he's been.  Our season goes how Jaylin goes.  He's a tough guard. 

Is gameday on yet?  Where if so? 

IMG_4230.jpeg

• Love 1

40 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

IMG_4230.jpeg

i have an auto rookie card of his.........

• Like 1

so far gameday has been boring.

they need to show auburn stuff more and talk less. we need charles and fishback to bump it up a few notches.

we need to push for kids or members to hold aufam signs up for ANY gameday event it would be great for the board. i cannot stand statefarm but their marketing is pretty cool for the small cost of a net hat.

• Like 1

Kentucky sports writer.  His thoughts. 

Our guards will be the key.  If Aden can hit those open threes, it could be huge.  This will be a good day to break out of the shooting slump. 

10 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Game day ready! 

#BeatKentucky

729A32F3-E26F-4EEB-8570-BA7FE894E183.jpeg

is that you for real ?

12 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Game day ready! 

#BeatKentucky

729A32F3-E26F-4EEB-8570-BA7FE894E183.jpeg

i know my eye sight is bad but did you paint your feet?

UK is not as good this year, and this might legit be Pearl’s best team. Undefeated at home with no single digit wins. 27-2 at home in the last 3 years. Even UK fans on their message boards are saying they expect to lose. The only way we lose this one is if Pearl did not keep them humble after the South Carolina game. Even then, I’d see them hitting us in the mouth in the first half and us knocking em back in the second.