Republicans are in big trouble over IVF

Republicans are in serious trouble over the planned dismantling of in-vitro fertilization. The Dobbs decision was bad enough, but this may make the GOP a long term, impotent and angry minority party. 

When Bruce says it's stupid, you'd better listen. Men like Bruce Pearl are a key GOP constituency. 

https://twitter.com/aldotcom/status/1762575839311409394?t=O8Tgp5OlskUZiGVAc3ltPw&s=19

It’s logically consistent. That about the only charitable thing one could say about this decision lol.

We can stretch it even further. Miscarriages are now homicides. Pregnant women doing, well anything, is now child endangerment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

It’s logically consistent. That about the only charitable thing one could say about this decision lol.

We can stretch it even further. Miscarriages are now homicides. Pregnant women doing, well anything, is now child endangerment.

It's wild when you really sit and think about it...

1 minute ago, Son of A Tiger said:

This issue pales in comparison to our immigration problem.

A problem the GOP walked away from solving?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Besides the economy and age issues - immigration vs abortion rights /ivf/ect will be the 2 issues each side will try to pulverize the other on.

Edited by auburnatl1

26 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I’m sure the people this affects are over the moon with that lazy rationale. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I’m sure the people this affects are over the moon with that lazy rationale. 

“Yes I’m very sorry the arduous process of IVF you’ve had to endure getting interrupted by some dominionist ****nut judge is very difficult for you but you know we have a serious immigration problem too.”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BizTiger said:

It's wild when you really sit and think about it...

They’re the dog that caught the car lol. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BizTiger said:

Noticed that too?

It’s real important that not be solved so Trump can rant about it

• Like 4

10 hours ago, BizTiger said:

BS.  The House sent over a bill in May of last year the Senate never took up. The Senate came up with its own that allowed over 2 million illegals in a year and really didn’t *fix* the problem.  Joe started the crisis and no *its the Republicans fault* will pass muster with the public.  Joe could fix it tomorrow with just policy changes, but he won’t, his base demands open borders.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Joe started the crisis

I bet you think Joe Biden is the reason you stubbed your toe last week. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I bet you think Joe Biden is the reason you stubbed your toe last week. 

Is my statement incorrect? 

Bruce is right.  The Alabama court decision was awful. There is no planned dismantling of IVF however, and even the Alabama legislature is likely to pass some laws protecting it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cardin Drake said:

Bruce is right.  The Alabama court decision was awful. There is no planned dismantling of IVF however, and even the Alabama legislature is likely to pass some laws protecting it.

They're probably going to just throw in exceptions for IVF into the current laws. 

So now Republican states will have laws that say "Human life and human rights begins at conception...except for IVF...that doesn't really count"

How does that logically vibe? How is a fertilized embryo in a woman's stomach a real human life with legal protections, but a fertilized embryo in a test tube isn't? 

• Thanks 1

Texas has outlawed abortion after a fetal heartbeat is detected.  Practically, that means no abortion providers are left in the state. But IVF is not a problem. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have at least 5 friends that have children through ivf (some of the kids are now adult).  The gop  position is both idiotic (I swear half of them don’t even really know what it is) and political suicide.

image.thumb.png.6fe6a068043c17eca4288ab0b53a8f9e.png

• Facepalm 1

15 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Every time I see a thread like or similar to this I always remember that everyone who supports abortion is alive.

This thread isn’t about abortion…

Ooh I love the reaction NOLA

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2024 at 11:38 AM, Son of A Tiger said:

Surely you aren't serious.

Why did they tank a bill *written by an Oklahoma Republican Senator* ??

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BizTiger said:

Why did they tank a bill *written by an Oklahoma Republican Senator* ??

One because it contained a lot of other stuff not related to the border and two because the part for the border isn't needed. Biden has all the power he needs now without anything new. So why isn't he enforcing the current immigration laws?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/28/2024 at 12:45 PM, Son of A Tiger said:

Every time I see a thread like or similar to this I always remember that everyone who supports abortion is alive.

And I am reminded that everyone who is anti abortion does it from the faulty idea that it is anti scriptural while it is actually supported by Scripture. 

You make poor arguments