Key SEC games this weekend

I just watched the SC/UF game.  I was pulling for the gators to knock down the gamecocks, but it didn't happen.  That keeps the gamecocks 1 game ahead of us in the somewhat log jammed top of the SEC. 

We need UT to take down UA.

Is it too much to hope Ak takes down UK?

11 minutes ago, 81spacetiger said:

Anyone watching the UT game?  Thoughts?

Not a high chance of Bama losing this one IMO. Tenn missing open shots (as you'd expect on the road), but Bama is also playing legitimately good man to man defense. They've taken Knecht out of any rhythm and they're making enough shots

Gotta give them props for being able to hang in there in an ugly game - they projected as a pretty finesse team to this point. Don't know how far Tenn will be going if Knecht isn't ready to have a Durant-like run in the tournament 

Mayshack has been generational in this series on defense. I'd compare it to Jaden Springer bc it's Tennessee, but Isaac Okoro-esque may mean something more to Auburn fans. 

Griffen basically buried Alabama with those brain dead shots. Estrada almost threw it away on another possession down the stretch. Wouldn't be shocked if some team in the tourney hounds Sears and just forces those other guards to be the dudes

8 hours ago, 81spacetiger said:

I just watched the SC/UF game.  I was pulling for the gators to knock down the gamecocks, but it didn't happen.  That keeps the gamecocks 1 game ahead of us in the somewhat log jammed top of the SEC. 

We need UT to take down UA.

Is it too much to hope Ak takes down UK?

It may very well work out in the end. We have the tiebreaker with USC, but not UF. USC still has UT at home and has to go to State, so there is a great chance they drop at least one more game.

A Kentucky loss at Tennessee would also lift us into the top 4 (assuming we win out). So Tennessee has 2 opportunities to help us out next week.

• Like 3