Bracket Picks:Which Sec teams advance To The Final Four?

Edited by aubiefifty

• aubiefifty changed the title to Bracket Picks:Which Sec teams advance To The Final Four?

I think Tennessee has a chance at it. I know they didn’t end the season great but that’s a really good team if they can find the balance between feeding the star vs keeping everyone else involved. Kentucky is possible based on talent but highly unlikely they can string enough good games together. Hope the others outside of bama win a couple of games to help SEC rep but would be surprised if any others make it past sweet 16

• Like 1

Moo State is built for the task of going to the Sweet 16.  They play bully ball on defense & beat you to death if you come in the paint.

If they play D like they have all year & can find some Consistent Offense, they could very well make it.

• Like 1

Bad matchup for state. Michigan state is a tough team to push around. 

If Michigan hadn't turned it over on every other possession, they would be up by 15.

As it is, Moo State is down by only 7 at the half.

Go Moo State.

16 hours ago, gravejd said:

Kentucky is possible based on talent

UK is the only SEC team I can see making the Final 4. TN, bammer, FL and yes, AU, all have their inefficiencies in spots. 

22 minutes ago, Viper said:

UK is the only SEC team I can see making the Final 4. TN, bammer, FL and yes, AU, all have their inefficiencies in spots. 

Kentucky certainly has their own problems to deal with. That defense is bad and that's a lot of youth to be relying on. Neither of those bode well for tourney success. 

So much for Moo State. Izzo is a seasoned tourney coach if that’s a thing

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

Kentucky certainly has their own problems to deal with. That defense is bad and that's a lot of youth to be relying on. Neither of those bode well for tourney success. 

The defense I witnessed down the stretch against AU, bammer & TN was on point. If they bring that defense, they have a good shot at the Final 4 because they have the offense. 

7 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Moo State is built for the task of going to the Sweet 16.  They play bully ball on defense & beat you to death if you come in the paint.

If they play D like they have all year & can find some Consistent Offense, they could very well make it.

I totally agreed with your take. We were so wrong...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Know I’m late to reply, but no, they have to have one guy (the Freshman guard) score at least 25 to beat anyone in the tourney.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Viper said:

The defense I witnessed down the stretch against AU, bammer & TN was on point. If they bring that defense, they have a good shot at the Final 4 because they have the offense. 

And then the defense against A&M in their last game? They can make it to the final four I’m not arguing that. It’s an impressive bunch of talented players. I just think they are missing something. Otherwise they wouldn’t have lost so many games this season. 

1 minute ago, gravejd said:

And then the defense against A&M in their last game? They can make it to the final four I’m not arguing that. It’s an impressive bunch of talented players. I just think they are missing something. Otherwise they wouldn’t have lost so many games this season. 

A&M’s guards got hot from three. I feel like they got their defense together from the game in Auburn through the remainder of the season. 

1 hour ago, Viper said:

A&M’s guards got hot from three. I feel like they got their defense together from the game in Auburn through the remainder of the season. 

U are batting a thousand with that analysis of this year SEC teams vs 2019 SEC teams. So far 2023 isn’t looking so hot . I am becoming a little concerned 

Edited by e808

47 minutes ago, e808 said:

U are batting a thousand with that analysis of this year SEC teams vs 2019 SEC teams. So far 2023 isn’t looking so hot . I am becoming a little concerned 

The 2024 SEC class is no match against the 2019 SEC class.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Viper said:

The 2024 SEC class is no match against the 2019 SEC class.

This is unbelievable. If the team was looking past Yale I am sure how the SEC is performing has their attention now

• Like 1

Dang! I wasn’t expecting Kentucky to go out in their first game 😂

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Dang! I wasn’t expecting Kentucky to go out in their first game 😂

You might change that "I", I think MILLIONS of smart people just had a hole blown out in their bracket.

• Like 3

I didn't put money on anything in the tournament, but I have always thought the negatives in the first game equaled out when high seeds play low. The low seeds have been playing and are in a rhythm. They won a game to get there , so they are on a high. The high seed was balling and then sits and waits. Then the high seed travels near or far, but either away, this kinda equals out. Add to that, teams like Kentucky are very young, and have never been in this moment. I knew Kentucky was beat when they didn't get up after halftime. The good news is , AU is not young. We may lose or win, but they aren't gonna choke at the end. That's my prediction, anyway. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't say Miss St was offensively great outside of Hubbard. SCar didn't have the pieces to really match their identity. UK's defense is an atrocity. 

I will say that I thought Miss St's defense could be enough to keep them in it, but I definitely underrated how good Izzo is in these matchups. SCar was a pretty reasonable upset pick. Didn't have Kentucky going far, but I also didn't have them losing this early (with how supreme their offensive talent was). Goes to show you how important the other side of the ball is though 

That's also why I don't think it's the craziest thing when people have us losing bc of our guard play. These tournaments are predicated on highlighting what you do worst, esp the rounds where teams have a chance to scout (R64, S16, etc). I feel like high floor/low ceiling teams are more trust worthy than the opposite

1 hour ago, e808 said:

This is unbelievable. If the team was looking past Yale I am sure how the SEC is performing has their attention now

no one is looking past a first round game. The better teams are just winning. If a guy hits 10 three's, you aren't winning. For us to advance, our three point offense has to be dynamic. Our guards have to win their battles. Everything else needs to be great.

• Like 1