Bracket Picks:Which Sec teams advance To The Final Four?

Miss St, So Carolina, and UKY out from game 1.

Let's not Auburn be like them!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 81spacetiger said:

You might change that "I", I think MILLIONS of smart people just had a hole blown out in their bracket.

Not too bad for me. I didn't trust them to get past the sweet 16 and no other loss so far had I picked to make it past the round of 32.  

15 hours ago, gravejd said:

And then the defense against A&M in their last game? They can make it to the final four I’m not arguing that. It’s an impressive bunch of talented players. I just think they are missing something. Otherwise they wouldn’t have lost so many games this season. 

UK is snake bit against the three lately. Gave up 11 threes against A&M. 15 against Oakland. 

There is no college team that can withstand 15+ threes and still win.

There are numerous NBA games, even in this day, where less than 15 threes are made. 

1 hour ago, Viper said:

UK is snake bit against the three lately. Gave up 11 threes against A&M. 15 against Oakland. 

There is no college team that can withstand 15+ threes and still win.

There are numerous NBA games, even in this day, where less than 15 threes are made. 

Oakland got hot and that allowed them to compete with Kentucky but that's not the whole story. Kentucky made crucial errors down the stretch with turnovers and jacking up 3s to match Oakland. That Sheppard guy played especially poorly at the end. Oakland also had a guy (Townsend maybe?) who beat the hell out of Kentucky down low. So yeah it was an amazing game from Oakland but it took mistakes from Kentucky on top of that for them to lose. Also a good defensive team and coaching staff runs oakland off the 3pt line and doesn't allow 15 3s. But that was Kentucky all year. Look great for a few games and then not so good. This game didn't come out of nowhere. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Oakland got hot and that allowed them to compete with Kentucky but that's not the whole story. Kentucky made crucial errors down the stretch with turnovers and jacking up 3s to match Oakland. That Sheppard guy played especially poorly at the end. Oakland also had a guy (Townsend maybe?) who beat the hell out of Kentucky down low. So yeah it was an amazing game from Oakland but it took mistakes from Kentucky on top of that for them to lose. Also a good defensive team and coaching staff runs oakland off the 3pt line and doesn't allow 15 3s. But that was Kentucky all year. Look great for a few games and then not so good. This game didn't come out of nowhere. 

The full cross-court pass by UK in the final minute that was easily stolen by Oakland was one of the most horrible late game decisions ever. Was no reason to pass it. Let your PG come get it. Despite the 15 threes, UK still had that chance to win it on that possession.

That Oakland guard that shoots nothing but threes, he has a Josh Hubbard type jump shot where he jumps as high as he can to release his shot. Unorthodox but it works. That type of shot is unguardable unless you double team.

Oakland is a veteran team with supreme confidence they can beat anyone. If I’m an AD looking for a new HC (hello Michigan), I throw the bank at their HC and force him to tell me yes.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Viper said:

If I’m an AD looking for a new HC (hello Michigan), I throw the bank at their HC and force him to tell me yes.

Dude is almost 70 years old. I'm guessing this tournament will be his swan song.

Edited by keeperoftheplains

26 minutes ago, keeperoftheplains said:

Dude is almost 70 years old. I'm guessing this tournament will be his swan song.

Wow ok thought he was Bruce’ age. 5 years difference I see.

Edited by Viper

That’s the thing about Reed as far as the NBA goes too. Great defender, but he’s definitely undersized as far as an nba wing goes. If he’s playing 2 guard, there’s gonna be a lot more moments like that where opposing guards just rise over him like they don’t even see him 

2 hours ago, keeperoftheplains said:

70 is the new 50.