NCAA Round 1 - AU vs Yale

7 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

I just unfriended some rival SEC fans on Facebook who were gloating about our loss. F the rest of the SEC, every last one of the teams.

Is  it really that deep? lol.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

If he gets an F1, we run them out of the gym. 

Which is why you have to be smarter than that... sucks. If this won't be the biggest wake up call for him then I don't know what else will be...

• Like 3

Got to give it to Yale. They took advantage of every opportunity e gave them. We gave them a lot.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Not in the slightest. Every team has off games, even the best ones. That’s why I both hate and love this tournament. But any championship structure that has a single elimination component is flawed.

Think the teams are close in talent? Discipline?

3 minutes ago, atltiger23 said:

Who’s the idiot on here who said they would much rather win the SEC tournament than make a deep run in the NCAA tournament? That was one of the dumbest posts I had ever seen on this site, but whoever you are, you got your wish.

It wasn’t me and I never saw that comment. But I’d agree with them. The NCAA tourney is such a crapshoot. The top teams don’t get any advantage aside from playing a team that is expected to be worse. Winning the SEC championship is a better evaluation of the team’s quality than winning the NCAA tourney. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

This has been one of the weirdest season ever. Auburn either won big or lost. No in between

3 hours ago, NCAubs said:

No one cares about this game. Bring on the Aztecs!

Ouch..

• Haha 1

Just now, ScotsAU said:

It wasn’t me and I never saw that comment. But I’d agree with them. The NCAA tourney is such a crapshoot. The top teams don’t get any advantage aside from playing a team that is expected to be worse. Winning the SEC championship is a better evaluation of the team’s quality than winning the NCAA tourney. 

Winning a conference tournament is better than win a national championship? Really?

• Like 4

Gut punch. Epic

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ScotsAU said:

No

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ScotsAU said:

Nope 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Not close in either comparison. 

• Like 1

I hope CBM learned a valuable and harsh lesson today. He, along with KD , were very edgy and running their mouths a lot at the SEC tournament and I think both got two technicals during the three games in Nashville.

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Guards I would say yes

Just now, DAG said:

Winning a conference tournament is better than win a national championship? Really?

Good point. Still to this day there is more buzz about the final 4 run than any of the Conference or SEC championships 

• Like 2

Just now, e808 said:

Good point. Still to this day there is more buzz about the final 4 run than any of the Conference or SEC championships 

I am just baffled at that logic .

Just now, PUB78 said:

I hope CBM learned a valuable and harsh lesson today. He, along with KD , were very edgy and running their mouths a lot at the SEC tournament and I think both got two technicals during the three games in Nashville.

That's how basketball is played. Whoever wins the entire thing will win with guys doing that

• Thanks 1

Aden regressing during the season had a major unexpected impact of how the offense was supposed to work.  He was supposed to be an 5* elite shooter - otherwise he’s just another AU undersized guard.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Is  it really that deep? lol.

What is a “friended” sec rival?  I don’t understand that concept. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Talent? Not even close. Discipline? No idea. They played more disciplined today. But that says nothing about how disciplined they were over the season. I said this a few pages back. But I’ll say it again here. I hate that we lost. But this tourney is a crap shoot. All it takes is one off game for a better team or a worse team playing at the maximal level of their performance, and you’re out of it. I don’t think Yale is a better team any more than I thought the team that beat UK was better. So yes. Hate it. But I’m not going to overreact and draw some deep conclusion from this loss. It was one game.

8 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

If he gets an F1, we run them out of the gym. 

I think we win. But I don’t think we blow them out. We still played awful from the start today. Pretty clear that the players were feeling too good about the SEC championship and came in expecting Yale to roll over. 

• Like 2

We all HATE the ending to this season, but don't beat on the players; I know they are hurting more than we are.  As bad as we played at times, were had our chances even down to the last shot. This just SUCKs to go out when we had the better team. We devolved into playing their game.

We have clear needs for next season, big men and taller PG's that can challenge the other team. Even if we get our needs met, they will need time to gel.

We will be able to hang a SEC banner for this season thanks to this team.  That doesn't happen very often but it is time to move on.

Edited by 81spacetiger
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Anyone hear how Broome is. He got beat up pretty good, but kept on giving it his all.

He got freaking mugged the whole dang game. I will never say this off this board but that was the most one sided BS officiated game I've seen since the Samford game yesterday. And I don't care if the foul numbers almost even out. The first 3-4 minutes of the first half and the first 3-5 minutes of the second are crucial. That's where we were totally screwed. 

However......we still win the game if we don't have...

14 turnovers, crappy foul shooting, CBM finding out what it feels like when someone does to him what he does to others, and the amazing inability of the team to finish at the rim. IF, and this is a big if, BP needs to do something different next year, I would forbid dunks every other practice next year. Just to see if that helps us to make layups. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I'd say no, but, one is way more realistic than the other... That's just the truth. I don't think this takes away from the season we had but we really had no business losing to Yale, no matter how you slice it. They looked like they how did against Moo State when we played them away. Just seemed to have a lack of "want to" besides Broome. I hope that kid gets everything he deserves, which is hopefully an opportunity to make a ton of money. 

• Like 1