Reading Books By Black Authors Needs Parents Permission In Florida?

I believe this is racism at it's finest................

16242393939058629386.jpg

48 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

False

https://factcheck.afp.com/doc.afp.com.34JC94C

“the posts mislead on the nature of the permission slip, which is not for reading a book but for attending a school-authorized event with a guest speaker.”

Which is in itself a stupid policy, requiring a parent to sign a permission form for every child for every guest speaker or extracurricular activity that a school has? 

When I was in school we had guest speakers and extra school activities in the gym, library, classroom etc, all the time, and never required every child to get a signed permission slip to participate in it. Outside field trips of course required parental permission, but it looks like Florida's law requires it for even regular on campus activities.  

Sounds like a burdensome, needless policy by Florida. Especially since the small description of the person speaking/topic can't possibly give parents any real insight or information to what will actually be said or discussed in the event. More work for overburdened teachers and school administrators for no benefit. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

When I was in school we had guest speakers and extra school activities in the gym, library, classroom etc, all the time, and never required every child to get a signed permission slip to participate in it.

Different world. When I was in school we had a game of tackle football during play period. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

False

https://factcheck.afp.com/doc.afp.com.34JC94C

“the posts mislead on the nature of the permission slip, which is not for reading a book but for attending a school-authorized event with a guest speaker.”

That sounds like gubmit overreach to me. 

• Haha 1