if one play decided it:

OKieAuburnDoug

n the third quarter when COx forced a pass into TRIPLE coverage towards Aromoshadu that was intercepted @ the one yrd. line...

What's worse is that that was a FIRST DOWN INT...

If Cox gets prtected by the FRIGGIN REFS and from the blitz (thanks RBs! :no: ) we win easily..

Having a TD called back due to a holding call on the Center was pretty key too. Tubs made a point of commenting on that call on his show Sunday.

I thought the assault down the sidelines was pretty blatent in the 4th quarter. I think that would have been a TD. Instead, there was an INT on the next play and GT scores 3 points so its 23-14 instead of 21-20.

Having a TD called back due to a holding call on the Center was pretty key too. Tubs mad a point of commenting on that call on his show Sunday.

178556[/snapback]

Yup...that was the one for me. We score there, and we're up 14-10. I think Tech folds up the tent, and our "D" shuts them down....

:au::homer:

You really have to hand it to the defense the 2nd half, they really came out and turned things around and gave our offense a chance to win the game. Sure, we had a TD called back, but let's not be a bunch of bammers, it WAS a hold, and it's part of the game. Maybe it shouldn't have been called, but it was. And it really shouldn't have mattered. You can't win when you turn the ball over inside the 30 like we did all night. Not to attack the poor kid, but Cooper Wallace probably could have lost the game himself with all those penalties, he's a senior and suposed to know better than that. But I stll don't know what the deal with his PF call was all about. Should have been a PF on GT for slamming cox well after the play was over....

i think the one play that changed everything was their first touchdown. the guy made an incredible catch....if that play doesn't happen, perhaps we hold them to 3 or 0, and the entire game is different.

instead, they made an incredible throw/catch that affected the tenor of the remaining play.

ct

i think the one play that changed everything was their first touchdown.  the guy made an incredible catch....if that play doesn't happen, perhaps we hold them to 3 or 0, and the entire game is different.

instead, they made an incredible throw/catch that affected the tenor of the remaining play.

ct

178589[/snapback]

Egg-zactly.

I felt that the biggest blunder was the busted play on 3rd and 1 deep in Tech territory. We had a lot of momentum before that and if we get that easy first down I feel certain we would have scored. The good news is, things like this can be quickly corrected.

Having a TD called back due to a holding call on the Center was pretty key too. Tubs mad a point of commenting on that call on his show Sunday.

178556[/snapback]

Yup...that was the one for me. We score there, and we're up 14-10. I think Tech folds up the tent, and our "D" shuts them down....

:au::homer:

178561[/snapback]

That penalty hurt us worst. IMO. We score there and go up 14-10, the entire atmosphere in JHS becomes different. It started to get loud until everyone realized the penalty and it was getting called back. That let air out of the sails in JHS. We had 9 penalties for 81 yds I think is what I saw on www.cbs.sportsline.com game recap. One was the holding, at least 4 others were the false starts by the OL. At least 5 of the 9 were on the OL. I think we had one offsides call?? Don't remember for sure.

We lost this game not from getting overpowered or outplayed. The little mistakes are what cost us the game. If GT had overpowered us then I would be really worried. Everything that cost Auburn the game can be corrected.

Almost every INT that Cox threw could have cost us the game. In his defense the O line broke down and was directly responsible for the INT where his arm was hit.

The Fumble probably did not affect the game any as it would have taken a miricle to come back at that time.

I still see a 8 win season possible maybe even 9. This is a very good team that has not geled yet.

One play? The opening kickoff. The ball fell off the tee. That set the tone. B)

n the third quarter when COx forced a pass into TRIPLE coverage towards Aromoshadu that was intercepted @ the one yrd. line...

my friendi taped the game and i studyed at the tape decisively on the plays that went wrong, and on that play Cox had the flats wide open....no one was around Carl Stewart, that could easily have been a first down and could have possibly led to a TD or FG. But its just a rookie mistake that Cox will learn to fix....i like Cox and I think he will actually keep us in ball games this year...dont lose hope guys!!

We had plenty of opportunities, just none of them went our way. There were several things that could have gone our way and given us the win. But they didn't. Bad luck I say. I still feel confident that if they had a rematch tomorrow, Auburn would win this time.

(hrmm.. edit -> undo?)

my friendi taped the game and i studyed at the tape decisively on the plays that went wrong, and on that play Cox had the flats wide open....no one was around Carl Stewart, that could easily have been a first down and could have possibly led to a TD or FG. But its just a rookie mistake that Cox will learn to fix....i like Cox and I think he will actually keep us in ball games this year...dont lose hope guys!!

179290[/snapback]

I want to clarify that the pass wasn't really `forcing it' it just floated on him..a little more zip and Aromashodu scoers it...

NOT ripping COx he's a rookie with a TON of weight on him...THe Coaches should've run the ball enough to get the running game going early...it took all the way to the 4th quarter for the boys to take over the line and domiante on the runs!! THEY NEED BALANCE BALANCE BALANCE BALANCE!!

I think GT changed their play calling after they got up by 10 also. It seemed they went to the running game more to eat clock. I noticed they answered our TD with one of their own in short order. Our D did play better but I'm sure other teams were saying the same thing last year after we bombed them early and went to clock eating.

I really think we will know more after the Miss St game. At the moment I'm having flashbacks to pre-2004 years.

Archived