WR Jay Fair plans to enter the portal.

He was our #2 WR last year. What is he looking for? A school where he won't have any competition for the position? Maybe the U of West Georgia has an opening.

• Thanks 1

He worked hard and was an asset. I think he is leaving because with new players HS and portal he see's less pt. 

I liked him but understand his leaving. Best of luck where ever you go.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

He was our #2 WR last year. What is he looking for? A school where he won't have any competition for the position? Maybe the U of West Georgia has an opening.

He’s either not confident in his ability to beat out incoming talent or he’s not confident in our QB situation. Maybe a bit of both. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, gr82be said:

He’s either not confident in his ability to beat out incoming talent or he’s not confident in our QB situation. Maybe a bit of both. 

So what you're saying is that hindsight is 50/50? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, maryland tiger said:

Kinda lol, I’m leaning toward the stiffer competition. 

I have hard time believing that at this point the portal has someone more productive than Fair. Consideration with WR leaving should be given towards the lack of QB production and the promised time given to the big money TF . 

Edited by GreenTiger

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

Trying to figure out how to look at this. Technically, he was the #2 in yards and #2 in TDs as a receiver, but was the #1 in receptions. That being said, he's probably the best (or perhaps most established) slot guy on the roster. 

15 hours ago, maryland tiger said:

who dares question the mighty great one? grins.....i owe him twenty bucks so i hope this helps my cause because i am broke.