Jordan Ivy-Curry

Apparently he will be setting up a visit with us as well. Big guard at 6’3 and is a great shooter. Actually seems like a better fit than Duke.

18 minutes ago, Tiger720 said:

Who else is he considering and will NIL be a factor in him signing? 

I have no “insider knowledge “ per se, most of my information comes from other Auburn boards and online. What I have read, take it with a grain of salt, is that many of the top teams are after him, like Kansas and Duke I believe. And unfortunately for most of these players NIL is a major factor. It’s why I’m surprised he would come visit. He’s mainly a point guard, he would be backup to Pegues. But again, I don’t know what Pearl will try and sell him. I know that Auburn can at least tell Achor Achor would be the starter for us day one at PF, so that makes sense for him to visit.

Here are Ivy-Curry’s highlights. As you can tell, he’s a really athletic guard and is another veteran with a lot of experience and can shoot the lights out. From what I have read though, Kansas might be the front runner here, which makes no sense since they already have multiple guards.

Love this kids game. He could get minutes at both PG and SG. He has complete offensive package. He goes to rack and scores, hits the three. And has a nice pull up jumper on a drive.

Adding him to our backcourt along with Pegeus and Pettiford and PG goes from a weakness to a strength and SG gets better also.

Please find a way to get him.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Love this kids game. He could get minutes at both PG and SG. He has complete offensive package. He goes to rack and scores, hits the three. And has a nice pull up jumper on a drive.

Adding him to our backcourt along with Pegeus and Pettiford and PG goes from a weakness to a strength and SG gets better also.

I agree. He's also a taller guard. Kansas has started to show interest and we don't have the NIL funds to compete with them. I also wonder why he decommitted from Virginia Tech.

Is it possible we can get his commitment? Really really trying not to get my hopes up with him. He’s a hell of a baller. UCF and Wake Forest are his other two? I mean, this has to be a lock for us right? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Agree completely. I didn’t really know we were on him until last week. I have seen some of his games, he is electric and can create his own shots, something we have sorely missed in the past few years from the guard position. I just posted that it is reported it’s between Auburn, UCF and Wake Forest. Really hope we can get some good news after last week was such a disappointment.

I mean, you'd think with us, UCF, and WF, it would be a no brainer. All about this NIL though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I mean, you'd think with us, UCF, and WF, it would be a no brainer. All about this NIL though.

I think it comes down to the same thing it was with Duke Miles. What are his goals? Logically, if he wants to be on a championship team in his senior, it’s Auburn no doubt. But if he wants to be a guaranteed starter and make a lot of NIL in the process, then it’ll be exactly what Duke did. The public perception will also be a black eye to Auburn losing out on him to UCF or Wake Forest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AUSCalum87 said:

I think it comes down to the same thing it was with Duke Miles. What are his goals? Logically, if he wants to be on a championship team in his senior, it’s Auburn no doubt. But if he wants to be a guaranteed starter and make a lot of NIL in the process, then it’ll be exactly what Duke did. The public perception will also be a black eye to Auburn losing out on him to UCF or Wake Forest.

Hopefully, he's sold on playing in the SEC and not the BIG 12 or ACC. If it comes down to NIL, I worry. Then I am so tired of the Alabama fans bragging about their commitments and how they are winning it all next season.

18 hours ago, AUSCalum87 said:

Apparently he will be setting up a visit with us as well. Big guard at 6’3 and is a great shooter. Actually seems like a better fit than Duke.

No way he is a better fit. If he were, we would have targeted him before Duke. We are going down the NIL/talent payment order. We can pay more than Wake Forest and UCF I guess. This kid is jumping around from team to team looking for money and playing time. 

13 hours ago, AUSCalum87 said:

I have no “insider knowledge “ per se, most of my information comes from other Auburn boards and online. What I have read, take it with a grain of salt, is that many of the top teams are after him, like Kansas and Duke I believe. And unfortunately for most of these players NIL is a major factor. It’s why I’m surprised he would come visit. He’s mainly a point guard, he would be backup to Pegues. But again, I don’t know what Pearl will try and sell him. I know that Auburn can at least tell Achor Achor would be the starter for us day one at PF, so that makes sense for him to visit.

Are you sure Kansas and Duke are after him? He only visited UCF and Wake Forest according to 247. He has played at minor schools and jumped around from team to team. 

21 minutes ago, Tiger720 said:

Hopefully, he's sold on playing in the SEC and not the BIG 12 or ACC. If it comes down to NIL, I worry. Then I am so tired of the Alabama fans bragging about their commitments and how they are winning it all next season.

Well, they're paying for the best players. That's what you have to do now.

2 hours ago, AUSCalum87 said:

Is it possible we can get his commitment? Really really trying not to get my hopes up with him. He’s a hell of a baller. UCF and Wake Forest are his other two? I mean, this has to be a lock for us right? 

Wake Forest developed Hunter Sallis into a NBA guy this past season iirc. UCF was also pretty solid from what I recall 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

No way he is a better fit. If he were, we would have targeted him before Duke. We are going down the NIL/talent payment order. We can pay more than Wake Forest and UCF I guess. This kid is jumping around from team to team looking for money and playing time. 

In some cases, that might be true. However, after knowing that Auburn has been in contact with him, I did some research and before this week, Ivy-Curry was getting interest from big time schools like Duke and Kansas. That could have been a factor for Bruce not being involved early on with him. Now, we are in his top 3 after the bigger schools have moved on and we have a legit shot.

So sometimes your backup plans can be a better fit and better in general than your first option, especially since you probably didn’t think you had a chance at your second option in the first place. The same with Achor Achor. Godfrey was the top pick at PF but picked UGA. Now Achor Achor is available and he would be a much better fit and option than UGA.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Are you sure Kansas and Duke are after him? He only visited UCF and Wake Forest according to 247. He has played at minor schools and jumped around from team to team. 

As I stated above, yes, he was at one time being courted by those schools, from my research on him. Yes, he does have some red flags but I think he would be ideal for this one year to be at least a much better backup option at guard than what we had last year.

46 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Wake Forest developed Hunter Sallis into a NBA guy this past season iirc. UCF was also pretty solid from what I recall 

Yea, I know that, and those are factors as well. But let’s be really honest. Auburn should be able get a player like this if it’s between these three schools. He doesn’t pick Auburn will have to come down to playing time and NIL. However, public perception will be annoying since people will see that we just lost a player to Wake or UCF. It would be like Texas losing a recruit to Mississippi State in football. Shouldn’t happen.

54 minutes ago, AUSCalum87 said:

Yea, I know that, and those are factors as well. But let’s be really honest. Auburn should be able get a player like this if it’s between these three schools. He doesn’t pick Auburn will have to come down to playing time and NIL. However, public perception will be annoying since people will see that we just lost a player to Wake or UCF. It would be like Texas losing a recruit to Mississippi State in football. Shouldn’t happen.

True - I just wanted to mention that both programs had things going for them. It's not like we'd be losing the guy to total zeroes, yknow 

8 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

True - I just wanted to mention that both programs had things going for them. It's not like we'd be losing the guy to total zeroes, yknow 

Oh I agree! If you follow college basketball as closely as we do, and certainly people like you, it won’t be seen as that bad of loss. However, the general public and media will use that against Auburn and show how Pearl cannot close down commits. I will be very disappointed myself if we cannot get Ivy-Curry, it seems like Pearl has been struggling with portal guys lately. But again, most of it probably has to do with our lack of NIL as well.

• Like 1

Don’t know the exact date, since I do not have membership to On3, but apparently Ivy-Curry will visit later this week and we will get his last visit. So let’s see if Pearl can close the deal with him. Would be a great addition and add much needed quality depth at the guard position. 

34 minutes ago, AUSCalum87 said:

Don’t know the exact date, since I do not have membership to On3, but apparently Ivy-Curry will visit later this week and we will get his last visit. So let’s see if Pearl can close the deal with him. Would be a great addition and add much needed quality depth at the guard position. 

From Nathan King, Auburn is getting the last visit with Jordan Ivy-Curry this Thursday. He has visits set up with Wake and UCF that he has set up before he visits Auburn

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

From Nathan King, Auburn is getting the last visit with Jordan Ivy-Curry this Thursday. He has visits set up with Wake and UCF that he has set up before he visits Auburn

Yes, I just saw that. Now just waiting on when Achor Achor will be visiting. Maybe get the both of them on the same day? But yes, glad to know we get the last visit to get the last impression before Ivy-Curry makes a decision.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

UCF was so so this past year. I thought they did a decent job for their first year in the Big 12 7-11 league play record. Johnny is a good coach and gets a lot out of his players but has a lot of guys go into the portal every year I think his two guards are coming back and that's it. Little to no NIL for BB.

Houston 15-3 .833 9-0 6-3 W9 32-5 .865 17-0 7-3 8-2 L1
Iowa State 13-5 .722 9-0 4-5 L1 29-8 .784 18-0 5-5 6-3 L1
Baylor 11-7 .611 7-2 4-5 L1 24-11 .686 15-2 4-5 5-4 L1
Texas Tech 11-7 .611 7-2 4-5 W3 23-11 .676 15-2 4-6 4-3 L2
BYU 10-8 .556 7-2 3-6 W1 23-11 .676 16-2 3-7 4-2 L2
Kansas 10-8 .556 8-1 2-7 L1 23-11 .676 15-1 3-7 5-3 L1
Texas 9-9 .500 5-4 4-5 W1 21-13 .618 14-4 4-6 3-3 L1
TCU 9-9 .500 5-4 4-5 L1 21-13 .618 12-4 6-5 3-4 L2
Oklahoma 8-10 .444 5-4 3-6 L1 20-12 .625 14-4 3-6 3-2 L2
Kansas State 8-10 .444 7-2 1-8 W1 19-15 .559 15-3 2-9 2-3 L2
Cincinnati 7-11 .389 4-5 3-6 W1 22-15 .595 16-5 4-8 2-2 L1
UCF 7-11 .389 4-5 3-6 W1 17-16 .515 11-8 3-7 3-1 L2