Jordan Ivy-Curry

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

UCF was so so this past year. I thought they did a decent job for their first year in the Big 12 7-11 league play record. Johnny is a good coach and gets a lot out of his players but has a lot of guys go into the portal every year I think his two guards are coming back and that's it. Little to no NIL for BB.

I think it was one of his first couple years with that Tacko Fall team. Think they really got screwed out of a decent Cinderella run that year 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think it was one of his first couple years with that Tacko Fall team. Think they really got screwed out of a decent Cinderella run that year 

Agree they did get screwed

• Like 1

From what I understand he is visiting tomorrow unless something has changed. We are supposedly his last stop.  I am hoping for good news on this front. Hopefully we know by this weekend on both him and Achor.

8 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

From what I understand he is visiting tomorrow unless something has changed. We are supposedly his last stop.  I am hoping for good news on this front. Hopefully we know by this weekend on both him and Achor.

Yea, supposedly Achor Achor visited today but that’s not been confirmed. But like you said, hopefully by this weekend we will hear some positive news. Most of the good portal players are being picked up and it’s becoming a little scarce on quality players left.

20 minutes ago, AUSCalum87 said:

You can zap this thread mods or move it, Jordan Ivy-Curry has committed to UCF.

Think this brings you close to Dior 

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Think this brings you close to Dior 

I thought it was strange that they had a zoom meeting with Dior when Jordan was supposed to visit tomorrow. I guess he told the Auburn staff he was committing to UCF today and Auburn went to Dior.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AUSCalum87 said:

I thought it was strange that they had a zoom meeting with Dior when Jordan was supposed to visit tomorrow. I guess he told the Auburn staff he was committing to UCF today and Auburn went to Dior.

Nothing we can do except kick back and watch at this point. I know Broome is getting a mil easy, but I wonder what some of the other guys are getting for us to be so capped out. I know the rough estimate for power 5 starters has been around 200k as a floor, but Chaney Johnson? Denver Jones? 200k for them....I dunno. and then when you get to the bench guys, I guess Dylan may make some good bread due to the basically unlimited public appearances he makes for the university and all the content he provides for social media. I've seen CMo around and I'm sure he gets at least 6 digits but...does he need to? 

I dunno, we may just be cooked lol (in terms of building a 10 man championship contending rotation). I listened to the CBS CBB podcast and they say coaches have now adjusted from looking for 13 real players to 11, but we're looking at 8? Does CMo count as a real player? We also don't have a walkon worth giving minutes to, unlike the last couple years. I think bare minimum we'll need to wait until the CFB regime can get guys without having to overpay to compensate for being a losing product. Hopefully they start winning some games so they can show (proof of concept) and that money can get rebalanced. 

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Nothing we can do except kick back and watch at this point. I know Broome is getting a mil easy, but I wonder what some of the other guys are getting for us to be so capped out. I know the rough estimate for power 5 starters has been around 200k as a floor, but Chaney Johnson? Denver Jones? 200k for them....I dunno. and then when you get to the bench guys, I guess Dylan may make some good bread due to the basically unlimited public appearances he makes for the university and all the content he provides for social media. I've seen CMo around and I'm sure he gets at least 6 digits but...does he need to? 

I dunno, we may just be cooked lol (in terms of building a 10 man championship contending rotation). I listened to the CBS CBB podcast and they say coaches have now adjusted from looking for 13 real players to 11, but we're looking at 8? Does CMo count as a real player? We also don't have a walkon worth giving minutes to, unlike the last couple years. I think bare minimum we'll need to wait until the CFB regime can get guys without having to overpay to compensate for being a losing product. Hopefully they start winning some games so they can show (proof of concept) and that money can get rebalanced. 

Yea, this is where I’m having a hard time understanding where the basketball NIL is going for Auburn. I’m in total agreement with you. Broome and maybe CBM are worth 6 digits, but Denver getting that much, along with Chaney and Chris Moore? That’s a head scratcher for me. When I was discussing with you about the roster comparisons, I was under the assumption that Auburn was going to find top quality backups and a quality PF. Now that doesn’t seem the case, I will have to agree with you that Auburn’s roster is pretty mediocre if Chaney is starting at PF and you have three guards and CMo is your back SF. Again, things have gone downhill really fast. I also don’t understand why it’s so hard to get quality players. It’s not like Pearl doesn’t develop players. It’s just been a very disappointing two weeks and now it seems like next year will be a struggle.

I just saw online that Justin Hokanson stated Jordan was waffling about coming tomorrow for his visit and the coaches just told him not to come at all. I don’t get it anymore. These other top teams are easily getting players yet Auburn can’t even beat UCF out for guys. Something just doesn’t seem right.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AUSCalum87 said:

I just saw online that Justin Hokanson stated Jordan was waffling about coming tomorrow for his visit and the coaches just told him not to come at all. I don’t get it anymore. These other top teams are easily getting players yet Auburn can’t even beat UCF out for guys. Something just doesn’t seem right.

Makes sense about Dior Johnson then

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I've got similar concerning questions or comments like we don't need players like CMo to be receiving any kind of compensation beyond a scholarship. Ivy going to UCF is a sure sign we don't have much money left.

• Like 1

It's becoming concerning to me that it seems like Auburn just really isn't going to put for the effort to get the best players here (NIL) while the team across the state will do whatever it takes.  Oh well I guess...

2 minutes ago, fishepa said:

It's becoming concerning to me that it seems like Auburn just really isn't going to put for the effort to get the best players here (NIL) while the team across the state will do whatever it takes.  Oh well I guess...

Not that it seems like it, it’s literally what’s happening. Boosters only care about a mediocre football program and out all their money into those players. Basketball has very limited NIL and spent almost all on Broome. You see UAT and other rivals being able to get all quality players and even have quality backups while we’re losing guys to Oklahoma and UCF.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Yet if Denver went to uat or some other SEC team and went 6-8 from 3 against AU, our coach would be an idiot for letting him go. It's really easy to be a great coach from the couch. I am almost undefeated for the last 2 decades..😆

Edit....this was meant for me as much as all AU basketball fans. 

• Like 1

I think now you have to take a chance on Dior. Hopefully we can sign Anchor also. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Tiger720 said:

I think now you have to take a chance on Dior. Hopefully we can sign Anchor also. 

I think just corralling a bunch of students and local kids and trying all of them at backup PG would be preferable to Dior 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, fishepa said:

How do you know the level of effort? Are you a part of the staff? 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

How do you know the level of effort? Are you a part of the staff? 

Nobody in the general public knows the effort, the amount of NIL money given to any specific player or how much NIL is available for the various sports. All we have is wild speculation and it gets wilder by the day.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Nobody in the general public knows the effort, the amount of NIL money given to any specific player or how much NIL is available for the various sports. All we have is wild speculation and it gets wilder by the day.

So many theories on what the issues is. Sadly none based on any real knowledge.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fishepa said:

NC St and Purdue were in the Final Four. What was their NIL spend? 

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

NC St and Purdue were in the Final Four. What was their NIL spend? 

Honestly Purdue, a basketball first school with one of the best tenured HCs that’s also located in the state of college basketball, having more of an NIL wouldn’t be the craziest thing to me. They also have the best player in multiple decades if you look at NPOYs alone, so that’s the only one they really HAD to have…rest of those dudes were complementary 

Maybe when it becomes apparent we can’t afford a playoff football team, more money will come back to basketball. We have a much better shot of championship level play in that sport now.

9 hours ago, Tiger720 said:

Yeah you thought that before this news broke, too...so...

• Haha 1