I am tired of the idiot Auburn fans

moe

Obviously this topic isn't addressed to every Auburn fan, only the idiotic ones. It gets me very frustrated (actually more frustrated than the loss to G.Tech) to read on these boards and listen on the radio some of the things you Auburn fans yell and holler about. And yes, you guys are Auburn fans - if you weren't you would automatically have jumped ship onto the USS Brodie. I do not doubt your allegiance or loyalty to Auburn; I'm just doubt and question your intelligence.

One caller said, "We weren't pumped up for the game...There was no emotion." Are you kidding me? No emotion? Come on...One poster wrote, "Realistically, 4-7." :blink: One caller said, "We will struggle to beat Miss. St." :homer: One poster wrote, "Cox is the worst quarterback in Auburn history."

Now some can just laugh at this stupidity and shrug it off. I, however cannot. It frustrates me to no end the stupidity of people. If you do not know anything about football, play calling, coaching, etc... Please shut up. And if somewhere during this rant, you thought to yourself, "hmm, I bet he's talking about me" - yea, you're probably right.

Come on guys, let's be smart together :cheer:

:au: I also agree. Those people are just frustrated and start saying stuff without thinking. Cox is a good QB and will be a great one before too long.

IMO, People talk to darn much, especially the one's who don't know what their talking about in the first place. :au:

i wrote "4 - 7", and that is my opinion, doesnt make me dumb, just means that i believe Auburn will have to improve a lot to get to 8 - 3. I hope I am wrong :)

Excellent post, moe. I attribute a lot of the negative "The sky is falling" :bs: to youthfulness and immaturity. This is a direct product of the PS2, gotta have it now, instant grits generation. :big:

I tried reading some of the post game articles and gave up about 10 minutes into them. Absolutely pathetic, especially the ones personally attacking the :au: players. There is never any justification for personal attacks against our players in the :au: family. If a persons life is so pathetic that they rely on the results of a football game played by 18-22 year olds to ensure happiness; they need to either go back to being a Bama fan or see a therapist.

Well said and a very valid point. Every time I have read or heard the negative comments about Brandon Cox and his performance since Saturdays game, I cannot help but remember how many times I read and heard the same things if not worse about Jason Campbell for 3 years.. He turned out ok

You are crazy if you don't think that happens with every program or every pro team. When you have fan bases as large as Auburn, or Tenn. or the Boston Red Sox or the Philadelphia Eagles, you are always going to have a portion of people who respond in the extreme. That's just the way it is, and it does not represent a majority.

The majority stands somewhere in the middle, frustrated by turnovers and losses, but enjoying the terrific atmosphere in JHS saturday night, seeing flashes of brilliance from young players and looking forward to the next game.

:au:

I remember well a player wearing #2 dropped a certain game winning TD pass in '03. Some thought the world had ended. That same young man went on to catch MANY tds in the undefeated '04 season and will catch many more THIS year. Things are never as bad as they seem. We are AUBURN. We will survive and thrive. :au:

WAR EAGLE & bring on the :msu: puppies ! ! !

You are crazy if you don't think that happens with every program or every pro team. When you have fan bases as large as Auburn, or Tenn. or the Boston Red Sox or the Philadelphia Eagles, you are always going to have a portion of people who respond in the extreme. That's just the way it is, and it does not represent a majority.

The majority stands somewhere in the middle, frustrated by turnovers and losses, but enjoying the terrific atmosphere in JHS saturday night, seeing flashes of brilliance from young players and looking forward to the next game.

:au:

179189[/snapback]

Well put auferg.

I remember well a player wearing #2 dropped a certain game winning TD pass in '03. Some thought the world had ended. That same young man went on to catch MANY tds in the undefeated '04 season and will catch many more THIS year. Things are never as bad as they seem. We are AUBURN. We will survive and thrive. :au:

WAR EAGLE & bring on the  :msu: puppies ! ! !

179218[/snapback]

I remember that game vividly, and all I thought about in that loss was how bad I knew Obomanu felt after dropping that pass. However, it was also a phenomenal play on his part that got us in the position to attempt that touchdown pass. His yards after catch on that play are probably still his highest.

Very well put moe. The thing to remember no matter what happens on the field is that we are Auburn, and nothing can ever change that. We have to stay behind our Tigers no matter what and always handle ourselves with class and represent our university well. Sure there will be frustrations, but we have to act like classy fans and not the stereotypical fans of other schools about 157 miles up the road, which sadly I have seen a lot of since the GT loss.

It has always amazed me that there are some on this board who are always stating that many Auburn fans do not know football, "don't know what they are talking about", don't need to post some of the things that are posted. In looking back, it is these same people who, in their own opinion of themselves, feel that they themselves are the greatest football gurus and prognosticators ever assembled in one place. Who gave you people the right to dictate who is right and who is wrong?

What is so funny about these self-proclaimed experts is that they are the same ones who predicted an Auburn romp over GT last weekend. They are the same ones who get mad when people vent and express real concerns about our team. The main reason they get mad, I can only suppose, is that they were proven wrong about GT, or other subjects. If you are man enough to make a prediction, be man enough to admit you were wrong. When others make critical observations about strategy or game results, don't put them down. If you don't agree, that's one thing, but to be butt-headed enough to say they are wrong and they don't know anything, just becasue you disagree with their opinion is completely childish and wrong.

One last thing: Who are "you"(anyone) to say that someone else does not know what they are talking about? If there is someone (or many, as it seems) on this board who is such a great coach, recruiter, and referee, then you need to be on a field somewhere working. My guess is that most, as of the last time I looked at the poll, have not ever played football, or have not played since high school, nor have they ever officiated a game, much less at the college level. Also, I can probably say with a 95% degree of correctness, that no one on this site has ever coached a team over the level of pee-wee.This is truly sad when statements about "who knows what" about footbal are made.

This is not directed at any one person here, although it could be at several. Unfortuantely, some will not be able to see themselves, which is a sad thing indeed. :au:

Moe, you're right on target. During my AU days I a fellow student that could never seem to keep quiet. The professor used the Socratic approach and would often ask rhetorical questions to stimulate thought. On each occasion this particular fellow would jump in with his thoughts which never seemed to be in the same ball park as the remainder of the class. This fellow's best grade would not likely be above a "C". After several days of the student's ramblings the professor said he would go over his grading system. His class participation comments are what I emphasize here. "I encourage calss participataion from each of you and I factor a portion of your grade accordingly. I wish to point our there is the danger of over participation which will tend to lower one's grade." Everyone in the classs was aware of who this comment but directed to, but the actual target ... the poor fellow was clueless. Ultimately he did let up, but probably someone went to him and told him point blank.

Moe, I'm afraid the one's who are in most need of sound advice ae the one's most closed to receiving it. But you did good anyway.

WAR EAGLE!!!

Guest Tigrinum Major
I've never coached or played at the D1 level.....but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :big:

179287[/snapback]

Me either...but I just saved a bunch of money on car insurance by switching to Geico!

One last thing: Who are "you"(anyone) to say that someone else does not know what they are talking about? If there is someone (or many, as it seems) on this board who is such a great coach, recruiter, and referee, then you need to be on a field somewhere working. My guess is that most, as of the last time I looked at the poll, have not ever played football, or have not played since high school, nor have they ever officiated a game, much less at the college level. Also, I can probably say with a 95% degree of correctness, that no one on this site has ever coached a team over the level of pee-wee.This is truly sad when statements about "who knows what" about footbal are made.

This is not directed at any one person here, although it could be at several. Unfortuantely, some will not be able to see themselves, which is a sad thing indeed.  :au:

179260[/snapback]

By that standard, who are you to say that he is not correct in saying that someone else does not know what they are talking about?

Aside from our disagreement in metaphysics, there is some truth in your statement and it is something often overlooked (or not mentioned) by almost all sides of a sports-related debate. Most journalists and fans alike have an "enthusiast" level of understanding when it comes to football. The enthusiast makes an excellent Monday-morning quarterback, and it also brings the element of sensationalism that keeps things alive between games. When all is well with the beloved team, greatness or degrading an opponent (which usually requires an opposing representative) is the topic of discussion. When all is not well it turns into a series of debates about what is wrong, or it turns into a series of debates between "negative" and "positive" fans (where one really cannot do without the other). If everyone agreed, conversation would stagnate quickly.

It has always amazed me that there are some on this board who are always stating that many Auburn fans  do not know football, "don't know what they are talking about", don't need to post some of the things that are posted. In looking back, it is these same people who, in their own opinion of themselves, feel that they themselves are the greatest football gurus and prognosticators ever assembled in one place. Who gave you people the right to dictate who is right and who is wrong?

179260[/snapback]

I never indicated that I was the greatest football guru, and there is no way you should have inferred from my post that I was implying such a thing.

What is so funny about these self-proclaimed experts is that they are the same ones who predicted an Auburn romp over GT last weekend. They are the same ones who get mad when people vent and express real concerns about our team. The main reason they get mad, I can only suppose, is that they were proven wrong about GT, or other subjects. If you are man enough to make a prediction, be man enough to admit you were wrong. When others make critical observations about strategy or game results, don't put them down.

179260[/snapback]

I never gave a prediction on the game to this board. Sure, I thought we were going to win, but I never made a bold prediction as to how we would win by 4 TD's.

If you don't agree, that's one thing, but to be butt-headed enough to say they are wrong and they don't know anything, just becasue you disagree with their opinion is completely childish and wrong.

179260[/snapback]

See here's where we agree. I don't care if a fan makes a remark our expresses their opinion on how since Tre didn't do to well on his blocking assignments, it might be a good decision to play someone who can. I am totally fine, as are most, with folks who make rational conversation and have their own opinion. As stated in my first post, I am however very frustrated with stupid Auburn fans who shoot from the hip just to have something to complain about. If you, or anyone else (including myself) are going to continue to express their opinions, that's fine. But please think before you speak, because in the end - you're the idiot, not the coaches or whoever you're bashing. Once again, "Let's be smart together" :cheer:

you got it Aubie 7!!!!! Finally someone else has seen the light. Just because I and many other Auburn fans are REALISTIC, doesn't mean that we're unintelligent or not as well-versed at football as the rest of you. Auburn looked bad Saturday night--and yes they will get better. But to think that just because someone (including me) thinks that Auburn will have a tough time winning a lot of their games (including Miss State) based on their last showing is an IDIOT? cmon!

wake up. We're not attacking players (most of us), we are just stating our opinions, which is what this board is for.

I picked GT 21, AU 17 last week...and I was called crazy. well I was right, and I also say that it will be a struggle this week against :msu: (but I think we will win close)...and yes, we may be 4-7. 5-6. or 6-5. I hope I am wrong, but I am certainly no moron.

Thank you.

Archived