NY Times re Houston

texaubie

In The International Herald Tribune published by the Times in Paris, Romero's article is on page 15 and it begins with a line not in the Times, which reads "No one would accuse this city of being timid in the scramble to profit from the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina."

If any of you have spent any time outside the United States, you are aware of the "double outlook" that many "news outlets" have world wide. U.S. print and broadcast media routinely have different stories here and abroad. CNN is one of the worst I have seen anywhere.

The N.Y. Times group of papers is the scum you scrape off of the bottom of pond-scum.

This is the only view you get of what is going on in the US outside of the US. The "international" press (CNNi, BBC, Lemond, China Daily, Japan Times, IHT, etc.,) all syndicate only articles that leave the US in a negative light.

In the last 3 weeks we finally got Fox News turned on over here. At least now I get to see something besides "US, root of all evil in the world"; or wait, is it "If only the US had done this...." I get confused; we are at the same time responsible for all the worlds problems and the only solution to its problems.....I wish they'd make up their mind......

Archived