Is Alabama the worst undefeated team ever?

vatz22au

No offense to the guys over at Crimson Tusks...I love you guys to death. But, could Alabama be the worst undefeated team right now? I mean really, lets put this thing in perspective:

1. Squeaked by Southern Miss

2. Squeaked by Arkansas

3. Squeaked by Ole Miss (probably the worst team in the SEC next to Kentucky)

4. Beat a proven OVERRATED Florida team, who astonishingly was #4 but has lost EVERY game since they were handled by bama.

When I think of a #5 team, I think of a team that could put Southern Miss, Ole Miss, & Arkansas to the woodshed (oh wait, we did that :) ). Isnt it awesome how winning a couple of games in the 70s could boost your rank in the year 2005? :poke:

To tell you the truth, I was a little scared after that Alabama-Florida game, but now that Ive seen the real Florida team...This Alabama team doesnt look too scary :blink:

Comments? (one thing to note....I do have to give a LITTLE congrats to Bama on the undefeated record...I would take a sloppy 6-0 undefeated record any day than 5-1)

(sorry for the vent, but watching that ole miss game made me want to puke :puke: , you dont play football like that and talk National Championships)

Also, on a sidenote...I gotta give some props to one bama fan. Dont know his name, and the subject was just passed on by a friend...but heres the short story:

I believe over at tider insider, theres alot of bammers stating every team we play is horrible (which I agree) but when Alabama played them...they were great. For example, Arkansas was on a rise from that devastating loss to USC according to Bama when they squeaked by. Now that we took them out back, they are "one of the worst teams ever". So, to the point, an actual SMART bammer replied with the following (not word for word):

"Auburn's program is on the rise guys and you need to see it. I hope after we lose our starting qb, and alot of players on both sides of the ball...that we can be doing as good as they are this year. Ive gotta give props to Auburn's program and the ability they are playing at with the devastating loss to the NFL last year."

Sooooo KUDOS to that guy, heres one on me :cheers:

You messed up now Vatz.

Last Bama team to be called the worst undefeated team in the nation, yup it was 92 Bama. They win it all I blame you.

Right now I think there is USC, Texas, and Va Tech......... then there is everyone else.

What annoys me is watching that little fairy shula running out after they barely beat Ole Miss as if they just beat a good team. It was funny watching the split screen of Oregeron and Shula. Oregeron could tear Shula's head off.

You messed up now Vatz.

Last Bama team to be called the worst undefeated team in the nation, yup it was 92 Bama.  They win it all I blame you.

Right now I think there is USC, Texas, and Va Tech......... then there is everyone else.

189401[/snapback]

Lol, if that happens...I will give you every right to bash, joke, and just downright throw me off this board with a beating. :lol:

I like Texas and Virginia Tech. Usc is very good as well, but I believe Va Tech and Texas could beat them.

Texas has pratically noone left for them to play, Texas Tech has given them trouble in the past at times with Leach's offense, but with Chizik and Texas's talent I don't think that will be a problem.

USC still has Cal and UCLA to play, both of those teams seem to be decent, but I'm wondering after UCLA had to go to OT with Washington State last night.

Virginia Tech has some quality opponents left, with Boston College, Miami, and Virginia.

Polls should be interesting if these 3 all continue to go undefeated. The media is wanting USC and Texas, but I personally think VT has the toughest schedule down the road.

Texas has pratically noone left for them to play, Texas Tech has given them trouble in the past at times with Leach's offense, but with Chizik and Texas's talent I don't think that will be a problem.

USC still has Cal and UCLA to play, both of those teams seem to be decent, but I'm wondering after UCLA had to go to OT with Washington State last night.

Virginia Tech has some quality opponents left, with Boston College, Miami, and Virginia.

Polls should be interesting if these 3 all continue to go undefeated. The media is wanting USC and Texas, but I personally think VT has the toughest schedule down the road.

189409[/snapback]

I agree...and it seems like a couple of these computer polls (involved in the bcs) havent even put USC in the top 3 because of their strength of schedule compared to the likes of Texas and Virginia Tech.

I believe Texas and Virginia Tech control their own destiny. If they both win out, they will make it to the NC game over USC because of strength of schedule, and then...another argument for the NC is made.

(one thing to note about Notre dame and how good they REALLY are...Was watching the gameday final last night, one analyst noted that Notre Dame has not beaten a team with a winning record all season. The only games they lost? To teams with a winning record. Thought that was a nice little stat ;) )

I am torn. On one hand, I agree...Alabama looks very average at times and then plays like they did against UF.

I think the Protho injury will have a big effect.

Then again, a win is a win. Alabama has Tennessee, LSU, and AU ahead of them. If they win those games, all of them, then I would say they deserve to be where they are.

In our 2002 run, we had so many close, close games but hell....we won.

Then again, a win is a win. Alabama has Tennessee, LSU, and AU ahead of them. If they win those games, all of them, then I would say they deserve to be where they are.

189417[/snapback]

I agree totally.

I am torn. On one hand, I agree...Alabama looks very average at times and then plays like they did against UF.

189417[/snapback]

But Bamar won't! <_<

:au::homer:

uat=ole miss, minus THREE points. :D

What I see is a team that is learning how to handle success. With only one really good season since 99...and with all the crap we've had to deal with, I think it is to be expected that this team struggles to handle being in the spotlight.

Lets face it, they went from being barely a top 25 program, to having a bullseye on their back overnight.

The same thing happened against arkansas. And you see what happened the next week. I can see us losing a game that we shouldnt, just because this type of success is new to the guys who are playing right now.

189417[/snapback]

I agree... I can't decide how good UAT really is... I had been very skeptical until the UF game because of all the squeaking by they had done, but after that I thought there was no denying how good they were, then there is the Ole Piss game that makes me again think that they are very beatable and don't deserve as high of a ranking as they have. No denying that Brodie healthy is a threat and that they beat UT... I guess we'll see. A W is a W, but that doesn't necessarily constitute a #5-6 ranking.

In my opinion, UAT is not as bad as they have seemed at times, nor as good as they seemed against UF. They are doing better than I (and obviously many others) expected, and will likely come to Auburn at 9-1. In the end, they should be very pleased with 9-2 (or even 8-3) at the end of the year - I think many of their kool-aid drinkers would have taken those records in a heartbeat back in the summer!

Of course, this is based on the assumption of no more significant injuries.

I agree...  I can't decide how good UAT really is... I had been very skeptical until the UF game because of all the squeaking by they had done, but after that I thought there was no denying how good they were, then there is the Ole Piss game that makes me again think that they are very beatable and don't deserve as high of a ranking as they have.  No denying that Brodie healthy is a threat and that they beat UT... I guess we'll see.  A W is a W, but that doesn't necessarily constitute a #5-6 ranking.

189474[/snapback]

Alabama is warm and cold. Let me rephrase that-On fire (Such as against UF) and Freezing (Such as againt Mississippi) Just because of the very sloppy performance against Miss doesn't make them very beatable or to a greater extent "the worst undefeated team". Anyone could've seen that coming. A team not used to having success lately getting off a bye week after a huge win and having a another big game next week should've been expected to be flat against Miss. Right now, I would consider this Alabama team as good if not better than last year's Auburn team. The only difference is that last year's Auburn team stayed focused and took each game one at a time. Alabama is gradually learning to do the same and when they do, we can expect great things from them here late in the season.

I agree...  I can't decide how good UAT really is... I had been very skeptical until the UF game because of all the squeaking by they had done, but after that I thought there was no denying how good they were, then there is the Ole Piss game that makes me again think that they are very beatable and don't deserve as high of a ranking as they have.  No denying that Brodie healthy is a threat and that they beat UT... I guess we'll see.  A W is a W, but that doesn't necessarily constitute a #5-6 ranking.

189474[/snapback]

Right now, I would consider this Alabama team as good if not better than last year's Auburn team. The only difference is that last year's Auburn team stayed focused and took each game one at a time.

189487[/snapback]

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.....freaking dumb a$$...don't expect to get any respect talking like that around here....better than last years Auburn team after a 3 point win at Ole Piss.....what a JOKE!!!!!!!

You, my friend, are what we "barners" know to be a typical Alabama fan... :no:

Well, "WAR EAGLE!!!" certianly knows how to show guests kindness and respect. Well done.

189490[/snapback]

You are right...not when a guys first post on here is that this years bama team is "atleast as good if not better" than last years Auburn team. I call them like a see them...He mat not be a dumba$$ and maybe I shouldn't call him a dumba$$, but that was a dumba$$ statement. He is saying that this years Bama team may be better than the team that finally gave up a rushing TD in the last regular season game of the year...the team that had a horrible game against ole piss but managed to sqeak out a 21 point win...the team that had everygame after the LSU game in hand at halftime...with the exception of Bama which was in hand after 3 quarters...the same team that beat a team with at least 9 wins 5 different times...a team that went 13-0 and is currently on a 16 game SEC win streak.

I am sorry if I am not considerate or "respectful" to people that make comments like that. You have to earn respect before it is given and just like Alabama's football team...LT33Bama has not earned ANYTHING!!!

Hey, he's just an Alabama fan. Is Alabama better than 2004 Auburn? That's what he'd like to believe. I certainly think he is wrong, but at least he didn't approach his comment in a negative or inflammatory manner like,"Auburn sucks, got 12?, alabama will always be better, blah blah blah".

The one thing I find funny is that on BamaMag's site...they all talk about how UGA hasn't impressed them and that we really aren't that good because of our USC game.....then turn around and say that they are that good because of the W's...no matter how they got it....and that the OM game has 'always been close' yet laugh when we say the USC game is the same way.

It's like....a little contradictive....right?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.....freaking dumb a$$...don't expect to get any respect talking like that around here....better than last years Auburn team after a 3 point win at Ole Piss.....what a JOKE!!!!!!!

You, my friend, are what we "barners" know to be a typical Alabama fan...  :no:

189488[/snapback]

Not expecting to be respected around here anyways since "barners" obviously show more class than "bammers" who "show no class". Thank you for taking your Auburn football team back about 30 years.

You, my friend, are what we "barners" know to be a typical Alabama fan...  :no:

189488[/snapback]

Not expecting to be respected around here anyways since "barners" obviously show more class than "bammers" who "show no class". Thank you for taking your Auburn football team back about 30 years.

189511[/snapback]

huh????

On another note...I want to apologize to all of the Auburn fans across the world. I have a power that I had no idea I had. It has just come to my attention that I have personally taken the Auburn team back 30 years. I am not sure how I did it or what I mean, but it doesn't sound good. I am truley sorry.

Okay I try to show a little respect being a Bama fan in an Auburn forum. I say something that goes along with the conversation and am almost immediately shot down by a typical Auburn fan. As for the taking your team back 30 years thing, I won't even try to explain it because I know that you'll say something completely critical. You've shown me some true respect.

huh????

On another note...I want to apologize to all of the Auburn fans across the world. I have a power that I had no idea I had. It has just come to my attention that I have personally taken the Auburn team back 30 years. I am not sure how I did it or what I mean, but it doesn't sound good. I am truley sorry.

189512[/snapback]

No problem here

Even if it were true, I think it is just time warp envy on their part. Seems that most of the UAT faithful wish they could take their team back about 30 years, and try to do so whenever they can.

You've shown me some true respect.

189516[/snapback]

Son your gonna have to earn your respect over here, it isnt "given."

As for your comments....well...: :poke:

In all reality, we have a couple of bama fans who post here regularly and enjoy their company quite often. When you come on this board and start posting like a monkey in heat...well, not too many good things can be said in response.

It all went downhill comparing this bama team to last year's Auburn team. You will find most "realists" bammers never even coming close to comparing this bama team to last year's Auburn. Stop squeaking by measely opponents and you might have an argument.

Archived