Is Alabama the worst undefeated team ever?

vatz22au

Guest Tigrinum Major
Okay I try to show a little respect being a Bama fan in an Auburn forum. I say something that goes along with the conversation and am almost immediately shot down by a typical Auburn fan. As for the taking your team back 30 years thing, I won't even try to explain it because I know that you'll say something completely critical. You've shown me some true respect.

189516[/snapback]

L33, for you to come over here and on your first post, compare last year's Auburn team to this year's Bama team is the same thing as me going to a Bama board and posting that I think that this year's Auburn defense is akin to the 92 Bama defense.

See the correlation?

The difference is that I would be banned for such blasphemy and you stay and then start spouting off about one of our members and his class.

Civil discourse rules the day, but you have to realize that you are in our yard. Feel free to discuss and participate, but when you make statements like that, you have to realize that some of our fans will take major exception.

Oh, yeah, welcome, post often, yada, yada, yada...

You've shown me some true respect.

189516[/snapback]

Son your gonna have to earn your respect over here, it isnt "given."

As for your comments....well...: :poke:

In all reality, we have a couple of bama fans who post here regularly and enjoy their company quite often. When you come on this board and start posting like a monkey in heat...well, not too many good things can be said in response.

It all went downhill comparing this bama team to last year's Auburn team. You will find most "realists" bammers never even coming close to comparing this bama team to last year's Auburn. Stop squeaking by measely opponents and you might have an argument.

189526[/snapback]

vatz, am I one of those "bama fans who post here regularly" and whose "company you enjoy quite often?" :D

Anyways, no, i don't think this is year's BAMA team is as good as Auburn's team last year... YET! In all reality, if we go 13-0, become #3 in the country, get overlooked for the NC game, play in and win a BCS bowl, then yes, we will be as good as last year's Auburn team. (don't give me the "bammer fan talking about if's" crap.... i'm talking hypothetically for arguments sake :) )

Honestly, i was AT the Ole Siss game, and i was embarassed. Seriously... Not because of our team, but at my previous behavior (typical bammer, i know :big: ). I went with a bunch of buddies from UM, and was talking how we were going to blow them out of the water (for the record, they all agreed), and then we go and squeak by by three points.

We have a lot of football left to play, and so far, what i have seen is that the players are going to play to their opponent's level. They did have close games against Southern, UA, and UM, but they WERE wins. They got psyched up for the UF game though, and blew them out of the water. I don't see why they can't win against LSU, UT (especially UT), and AU. It's just gonna come down to how bad they want it, and want to work for it.

Also, i actually see improvement in our team, attitude wise at least, after the UM game. How you ask? Because last year, or the year before, the guys would have QUIT at halftime. They didn't however. They came out after the half, buckled down, and ultimately won a field position battle in order to win with a last second field goal. They did what they had to do to stay unbeaten. And when it all comes down to it, a W is a W is a W... that's the only thing that matters at the end of the year. Two years from now, whose gonna remember the score? Not many people. The record? A lot more.

AuWho

p.s. by the way Lt Bama, don't get on their bad side early, it'll never work if you get in a "pissing contest" with them. Have your opinion, just express it in a rival friendly way. Do that, and you'll last a lot longer around here. :big:

vatz, am I one of those "bama fans who post here regularly" and whose "company you enjoy quite often?"  :D 

Anyways, no, i don't think this is year's BAMA team is as good as Auburn's team last year... YET!  In all reality, if we go 13-0, become #3 in the country, get overlooked for the NC game, play in and win a BCS bowl, then yes, we will be as good as last year's Auburn team.  (don't give me the "bammer fan talking about if's" crap.... i'm talking hypothetically for arguments sake  :) )

Honestly, i was AT the Ole Siss game, and i was embarassed.  Seriously... Not because of our team, but at my previous behavior (typical bammer, i know  :big: ).  I went with a bunch of buddies from UM, and was talking how we were going to blow them out of the water (for the record, they all agreed), and then we go and squeak by by three points. 

We have a lot of football left to play, and so far, what i have seen is that the players are going to play to their opponent's level.  They did have close games against Southern, UA, and UM, but they WERE wins.  They got psyched up for the UF game though, and blew them out of the water.  I don't see why they can't win against LSU, UT (especially UT), and AU.  It's just gonna come down to how bad they want it, and want to work for it.

Also, i actually see improvement in our team, attitude wise at least, after the UM game.  How you ask?  Because last year, or the year before, the guys would have QUIT at halftime.  They didn't however.  They came out after the half, buckled down, and ultimately won a field position battle in order to win with a last second field goal.  They did what they had to do to stay unbeaten.  And when it all comes down to it, a W is a W is a W... that's the only thing that matters at the end of the year.  Two years from now, whose gonna remember the score?  Not many people.  The record? A lot more.

AuWho

p.s.  by the way Lt Bama, don't get on their bad side early, it'll never work if you get in a "pissing contest" with them.  Have your opinion, just express it in a rival friendly way.  Do that, and you'll last a lot longer around here.  :big:

189547[/snapback]

I agree...if Bama beats UT, LSU, Auburn, and then someone in the SEC Champ...it would be a freaking shame if they could not play in the Championship game. Any, and I mean ANY, team that goes through the SEC schedule and SEC championship game undefeated should be considered one of the best teams in the country.

Watching USC-ND saturday I came up with 2 conclussions. 1) USC really is as good as advertised. They are a GREAT team with very good players. 2) if USC played in the SEC, there is no way they are on a 28 game win streak. USC can play poorly in 75% of their games every year and still come out with a W. SEC schedule makes you play at least 5 stout teams in any given year and I don't think you can play perfect against those teams week in and week out.

My .02 to this whole thread is I could really care less, we as a program, an institution and a fan base have been through heck. We have survived crap that would have wiped most other programs off the face of the earth. Much to the delight of a vast majority of our rivals. I love this team, this institution and the Bama nation. Whatever happens will happen. But I know I have never been more proud of a Bama team than I am of this one. They have truly been an inspiration of tenacity, perseverance and dedication. Most other programs would have given up on themselves a long time ago and said that it is not worth it. I only thought I loved this team before, now I know exactly why.

Roll Tide!

What I see is a team that is learning how to handle success. With only one really good season since 99...and with all the crap we've had to deal with, I think it is to be expected that this team struggles to handle being in the spotlight.

Lets face it, they went from being barely a top 25 program, to having a bullseye on their back overnight.

The same thing happened against arkansas. And you see what happened the next week. I can see us losing a game that we shouldnt, just because this type of success is new to the guys who are playing right now.

189455[/snapback]

Bama's best game is still to come. I agree though, a loss wouldnt surprise me. Even two losses wouldnt catch me off guard.

Okay I try to show a little respect being a Bama fan in an Auburn forum. I say something that goes along with the conversation and am almost immediately shot down by a typical Auburn fan. As for the taking your team back 30 years thing, I won't even try to explain it because I know that you'll say something completely critical. You've shown me some true respect.

189516[/snapback]

Your asinine assertion that this year's Bama team in any way, shape or form is comparable to last year's Auburn team is what got you laughed at and mocked. That is, in my estimation, one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen posted on this or any message board.

Last year's Auburn team is ranked as one of the 25 best teams OF ALL TIME. From the BEGINNING OF TIME. It is ranked ahead of numerous bogus national champions down through the years. By comparison, for all of Alabama's "historical success" there is only one Alabama team ranked in the same Top 25. Ooops! It isn't the 2005 Bama team. What a shock.

Last season, Auburn was one of the most statistically dominant teams in the history of the Southeastern conference. Only two games were even in doubt at the half. Even if this year's Bama team manages to win out, it will still pale in comparison to the 2004 AU team.

I know that's painful for you guys to acknowledge. But it's something you really need to recognize if you want "respect" and try to post here. Respect. Who are you, Ali G?

What annoys me is watching that little fairy shula running out after they barely beat Ole Miss as if they just beat a good team.  It was funny watching the split screen of Oregeron and Shula.  Oregeron could tear Shula's head off.

189402[/snapback]

Orgeron should work o getting his team ready and recruiting. :om: is a LLLOOONNNGGG way from playingwith the Top 6 in the :sec:

IMO, they don't deserve to be where they are, especially considering Auburn's record too. But, as usual, it seems that their name gets them automatic points. That Sucks! Truth is, as long as Brodie is healthy, they will probably continue to squeak by with a win and continue to climb in the polls. I just hope we continue to TCB and don't crap in the grits at Baton Rouge............ if we don't, then we have a good chance to overtake them later on... so, let them have their hour in the sun...WDE!

...and with all the crap we've had to deal with,

189455[/snapback]

You mean all of the crap you've brought on yourself by cheating?

The answer is yes to this point.

Ole Miss lost that game because of their mistakes.

Sometimes you need luck, It should all shake out this

weekend.

Add another siganture win to uat

My .02 to this whole thread is I could really care less, we as a program, an institution and a fan base have been through heck. We have survived crap that would have wiped most other programs off the face of the earth. Much to the delight of a vast majority of our rivals. I love this team, this institution and the Bama nation. Whatever happens will happen. But I know I have never been more proud of a Bama team than I am of this one. They have truly been an inspiration of tenacity, perseverance and dedication. Most other programs would have given up on themselves a long time ago and said that it is not worth it. I only thought I loved this team before, now I know exactly why.

Roll Tide!

189567[/snapback]

You act like no team has ever cheated, been caught, been put on probation and had to field a team all the while. The coaching problems? All self-inflicted. If you want to see a program that has, "truly been an inspiration of tenacity, perseverance and dedication," take a look at the 93-97 tigers going through and coming off of probation.

Back to the original topic...no, this is not the worst undefeated team ever. I've seen other teams go undefeated for an entire season that I consider worse. Tulane went 12-0 about 5 years ago, but played nobody the whole year. I remember BYU winning a national title on a schedule of cupcakes back in '84. And I've seen plenty of worse teams over the years start 5-0 or 6-0 and suck eggs doing it. Bama is a pretty good team. Very good defense, decent offense (downgraded from good with the loss of Prothro). The Florida win doesn't look as impressive now, but it was still a good win.

We'll see.

Archived